• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arnold Palmer dead at 87

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably signed more autographs than anyone in sports & made it a pt to ensure that his signature was always legible. True class.

I've never really cared much about autographs, not that anyone would want mine unless I'm signing to agree or buy something...lol, but that could be why my signature is not legible.

I do agree it was a touch of class for him to make his legible....as I mentioned on this topic in the golf folder I was in his presence on the 1st tee at the '08 Masters...so many people were there making it hard to be close, but I had a clear view of the King. He's much shorter than I expected him to be but I now understand TV makes most people look bigger than they are.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really cared much about autographs, not that anyone would want mine unless I'm signing to agree or buy something...lol, but that could be why my signature is not legible.

I do agree it was a touch of class for him to make his legible....as I mentioned on this topic in the golf folder I was in his presence on the 1st tee at the '08 Masters...so many people were there making it hard to be close, but I had a clear view of the King. He's much shorter than I expected him to be but I now understand TV makes most people look bigger than they are.

I'm with you ATL on the autographs. I was at the gym back in the late 80;s and Mark Gastineau comes up and asks if I want his autograph and I said no thanks. He looked surprised and I said " do you want mine". First off I am a Pats fan in RI and he plays for the enemy Jets. The Pats used to practice 1/4 mile away from me at Bryant college back in the day and they would always stop by and I never asked or wanted an autograph. Now that I see what they are worth, maybe I should have

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Golfers won more than Arnold did many had more talent made more money but without exception not one of them had more class and grace than Arnold Palmer.
I guess the Good Lord needed a 4th and decided it was time to bring Arnie home.

RIP Arnie

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carson and Arnold Palmer died on the same day? Sad stuff.

In all seriousness RIP, a true legend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you ATL on the autographs. I was at the gym back in the late 80;s and Mark Gastineau comes up and asks if I want his autograph and I said no thanks. He looked surprised and I said " do you want mine". First off I am a Pats fan in RI and he plays for the enemy Jets. The Pats used to practice 1/4 mile away from me at Bryant college back in the day and they would always stop by and I never asked or wanted an autograph. Now that I see what they are worth, maybe I should have

I've had that same thought!

Back when I could play golf during the weekdays I used to play in this charity golf tourney every year...you would purchase a tee time, normally I would buy a foursome and they would add a celebrity "5th" to your group...a few notables...were MLB player Kenny Lofton, an Olympic Handball medalist (forgot his name), one year Art Shell, another year the ATL Hawks play by play guy...never played with these guys, but at the 19th hole I met Dr. J, Tom Glavine, Smoltz, never once did I think to ask for an autograph...got a few pics (I wish phones could do selfies back then) and a buncha handshakes, etc....considering there are a few HOF players there...maybe I should've gotten autographs too.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnold Palmer was a mans man. A guy every man liked even if they didn't know a thing about golf. He transcended that divide. He was also a master of marketing. Only Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods have made more money than him through endorsements.