• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona lands 2015 5-star recruit

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG Tyler Dorsey. Ranked 7th overall in the ESPN60. They just keep coming in for Sean Miller.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE GOT DORSEY!!!!!!

RABB TO FOLLOW

Sean Miller is a fucking beast

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear down? Seriously?

I knew there were a lot of Chicagoans in AZ but that's pretty unoriginal.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear down? Seriously?

I knew there were a lot of Chicagoans in AZ but that's pretty unoriginal.
(In the fall of 1926)
In early October after the Wildcat varsity defeated the freshman squad in an annual match at the time, Salmon and several friends were returning from a visit to Phoenix, and an automobile crash north of Tucson near Florence left the young athlete critically injured.

Salmon, then 22, lost his battle and died the morning of Oct. 18. A memorial service was held on campus that week, drawing a reported thousand mourners, and a line of cars stretched miles to his burial plot.

The coach at the time, J.F. “Pop” McKale, had visited Salmon in the hospital regularly before his death, and later told the squad the young athlete’s last message to his teammates was, “Tell them... tell the team to bear down.”

It’s unclear whether McKale invoked the phrase to the team before one of several games that year, a contest in Las Cruces against New Mexico A&M (NMSU) that same week, or two weeks later before a game against New Mexico in Tucson. UA won both.

But when word spread, the UA student body drew to the phrase swiftly, and among other uses painted the slogan on the roof of the university gymnasium shortly thereafter, known since as Bear Down Gym. An airplane view of that huge-lettered phrase caused eventual long-time band director Jack K. Lee to write the song, “Bear Down, Arizona” during his application for the UA band job. The song, and Douglas Holsclaw’s “Fight, Wildcats, Fight,” are played throughout University of Arizona sporting events, and from the campus belltower daily.

A memorial to Salmon, a bronze bust mounted on marble outside McKale Memorial Center, was erected in 1986 and soon should move to more visible quarters near the new Lowell-Stevens Football Facility. In spring of 2008, another highway memorial honoring the Bear Down tradition was installed along State Route 79 near the site of the tragic crash at Florence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you wanna know what else is weird? "Bear Down Chicago Bears" wasn't a "thing" until 1941. 15 years after Bear Down Arizona. Just sayin'

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some people in this world that live their whole lives being ignorant.
Just sad to say the least :noidea:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you wanna know what else is weird? "Bear Down Chicago Bears" wasn't a "thing" until 1941. 15 years after Bear Down Arizona. Just sayin'

Why let facts get in the way.

Good pickup AZ. :nod: SU's still gonna spank that ass for years to come.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why let facts get in the way.

Good pickup AZ. :nod: SU's still gonna spank that ass for years to come.

I don't know what ass you plan on spanking cause any SU fan with any sense at all, is worried about playing ARIZONA.
Hope you guys last long enough in the dance to meet up with AZ.
I doubt it though.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what ass you plan on spanking cause any SU fan with any sense at all, is worried about playing ARIZONA.
Hope you guys last long enough in the dance to meet up with AZ.
I doubt it though.

You do realize I think AZ is a great team......right?

"any SU fan with any sense at all, is worried about playing ARIZONA."

Damn spanky. To be quite honest, I'm very worried about UNC and could really give a rats ass about Arizona.

From this day forward you shall refer to me as "onew/osense#".

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize I think AZ is a great team......right?

"any SU fan with any sense at all, is worried about playing ARIZONA."

Damn spanky. To be quite honest, I'm very worried about UNC and could really give a rats ass about Arizona.

From this day forward you shall refer to me as "onew/osense#".

"give a rats as about Arizona" Yet you troll our board :laugh3:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy on jonvi, AZ faithful. He's one of the good guys. He just likes to talk a little (*cough* lot of *cough*) smack.

Typical M.O.: "I think <something complimentary about your team> but Cuse is still gonna <something kinda rapey about your team>.

It's all in good fun.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He starts out with Az is great and then doesn't give a rats ass about AZ.
I think SU should be #2 right up until UNC puts the hurt on them.
Dang, did I just do the same thing he did?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"give a rats as about Arizona" Yet you troll our board :laugh3:

trolling is such a harsh word. But I can do that if you like.

To be clear..er.......I don't give a rats ass today because the cuse plays UNC today. When AZ and Cuse square off....I be given a shit then.

Like trolly says...I'm here to bust chops.

Dorsey's looks like a great pick up to me. That's why I said "Good pickup AZ". And I quoted sting pointing out Bear Down is owned by AZ.....not the bears.

I guess you would have to know some jonvi history.....and understand I don't take these boards serious at all. I'm here to learn a few things, but most of all, have some fun.

So.....really.....SU's still gonna spank AZ's azz big time...ok...if they make it that far.

Now go drink some cactus juice and get in your armadillo wagon and head to the dunes.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, I just checked out the Syracuse board. Now I know why you are here. Must be tough having so few SU fans to talk to. That's okay, all are welcome here......even me.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mix him up with the likes of slapdick, aka john. That guy's is one of the worst trolls around and he's also pants-on-head retarded. The good news on him btw, is that he also joined the College Sports Nation boards about the same time he joined here... aaaaaaand he's already banned for life there. I suspect he won't last much longer here either at the rate he's making friends. I'm guessing he'll eventually be relegated to to a couple of boards dedicated to his favorite "sport" (hint: it involves oily guys who shave their chest and wear leotards and like to grope each other) where he'll fit right in.

Anyway, about the only thing that jonvi has in common with him is Syracuse basketball. Unlike john, jonvi has an IQ significantly higher than his age, a keen sense of humor, a good understanding of basketball with a humble desire to learn more.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonvi, I just checked out the Syracuse board. Now I know why you are here. Must be tough having so few SU fans to talk to. That's okay, all are welcome here......even me.

Yeah man....On the SU boards, I make a post and all I hear are echo's and crickets. On the flip side, ain't no one gone up side my head over there. But I see the AZ fans raising the roof over here.

Thanks for the invite...I'll stop in once in a while.

Back to Dorsey.....:suds:

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had doubts about Coach Miller when he first came here. I knew little to nothing about him. After the things he has done as coach since he has been here, I hope he is here for the next 20 years.
GO CATS! BEAR DOWN! GO MILLER!