• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are You Concerned?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should be if you are a Broncos fan.

And that's my optimism for the day!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our inability to get a first down, let alone a TD? Yes

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little but not in panic mode yet. If that offense can get its act together I don't think the run defense becomes quite the issue it has been recently. If they can actually string together some good possessions that are not 3 and out early in games, the defense isn't going to be on the field the entire first half like we have seen. And if the offense can really put some pressure on opposing teams by scoring some it takes away a few of those running opportunities.

I had us at 10-6 prior to season and I think we can still hit that. That is likely enough to get into the playoffs. Once you get to the playoffs it is a whole new ballgame. We just need to make the fixes where we can like we did last year going into the postseason.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the normal response would be.... who isn't ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we not worried? I mean ever since watching the 1996 season go down in flames with one of our most talented Broncos team I have always been worried that the wheels could come off at any moment. Honestly heading into this season I was going to be pretty excited if we just made the playoffs. Breaking in any new QB is going to take time and we couldn't expect our defense 2 years in a row to continue to just pull out victories left and right. This team has been punch in the mouth over the past month and honestly i feel like they are like a boxer just hoping for the bell which would be the bye week. They look tired, uninspired, beat up, and just not quite knowing who to look to at this moment. I'm just hoping we can maybe find a way to win this weekend against the Saints and then get to the bye take a few days off and then really sit down and figure out what is going on.

I honestly don't feel like this is our season and haven't felt that way all year. They have actually played for the most part above my expectations at times. Still doesn't mean losing doesn't hurt which is part of the reason I haven't been on quite as much this week. Just needed a bit of a break and focusing on the election a bit gave that to me. So while I am nervous for the rest of the season I guess I'm viewing this as a great chance to really evaluate and dig deeper into our team to see what needs to be done to better this group moving forward.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) Its funny and I'm just as guilty as anyone, and yes the team is giving us concerns ( big time ) but don't we have like one of the best records in NFL right now? What, 29 teams or so that have worse record than Broncos? God were spoiled huh :). I need to chill.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried at all but, not expecting much either. Reason's the O hasn't gotten better as season progressed like we hoped. Hit with key injuries on D at the wrong time in a tough stretch. Sit back and see what happens. Its a typical transition year something we have to go through. Some say its spoiled :) I say is a standard of the Broncos. WE might falter at the end but, the sun comes up tomorrow. Just enjoy what we have win or lose.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, this team is doing about as well as I expected. Health and continuity in the O-line would go a long way in this team, and in particular this offense, developing and improving. It would also help Siemian's development a great deal. Without good pass protection or the threat of a running game, he (or Lynch) will have a hard time developing to his full potential. And if our offense can't maintain drives, much less score TDs, our defense then gets put in a huge hole. Really, the O-line issues have impacted both sides of the ball. So that is my main concern. If the O-line can get better, the entire team will benefit. And that can still happen, especially with a bye coming up.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL it isn't rocket science I so agree @DownSetHutch !

I wish ...never mind you know what I wish !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Difference with this OL and the one we had the first 2 weeks ?????????

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should be if you are a Broncos fan.

And that's my optimism for the day!
Not until we lose to KC. Beat KC and live to fight on

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wish this was our bye week ..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we not worried? I mean ever since watching the 1996 season go down in flames with one of our most talented Broncos team I have always been worried that the wheels could come off at any moment. Honestly heading into this season I was going to be pretty excited if we just made the playoffs. Breaking in any new QB is going to take time and we couldn't expect our defense 2 years in a row to continue to just pull out victories left and right. This team has been punch in the mouth over the past month and honestly i feel like they are like a boxer just hoping for the bell which would be the bye week. They look tired, uninspired, beat up, and just not quite knowing who to look to at this moment. I'm just hoping we can maybe find a way to win this weekend against the Saints and then get to the bye take a few days off and then really sit down and figure out what is going on.

I honestly don't feel like this is our season and haven't felt that way all year. They have actually played for the most part above my expectations at times. Still doesn't mean losing doesn't hurt which is part of the reason I haven't been on quite as much this week. Just needed a bit of a break and focusing on the election a bit gave that to me. So while I am nervous for the rest of the season I guess I'm viewing this as a great chance to really evaluate and dig deeper into our team to see what needs to be done to better this group moving forward.

I think CD said it as well as I could have. I want to see a repeat as much as anyone but the truth is it was a long shot for the Broncos just like it's a long shot for every defending champion. I plotted a plausible road to a repeat back in May or June, but the truth is I would consider this season a success if they reach the playoffs even as a wild card team. And of course, I'll not limit the possibilities for the Broncos if they reach the playoffs as a wild card, but generally would consider it a success if they reached the divisional round.

So no, I'm not worried. I think there is still a very navigable road to a 10-6 finish this year and that should be good enough to get into the playoffs.

I also agree with CD that right now this team desperately needs that bye week. A win against the Saints and I'd be highly confident in their chances to reach the playoffs. A loss doesn't fully derail that confidence because I can still see them going 4-2 after the bye either way. There is still a lot of football ahead and there will be unexpected twists and turns that affect every team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have concerns - be crazy not to.

I will point out - there were several moments last season when the fan's faith in the Broncos chances for a championship were shaken.

I also believe very strongly - this team and its coaches have a great capacity to rally and get into a groove. I will suggest again - the way the Broncos approach the use of players makes them fresher and healthier at the end of the year.

The most worrisome fact of the early season to me - is the weakening of the run defense. Second thing would be lack of red zone efficiency on the offensive side.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't chatted with you all much since the game. Still more concerned with Denver than KC regarding the West title.

Congrats on a hard fought contest.