• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you buying the Michigan State and Louisville hype?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both came out of the woodworks this year. 2 weeks ago, no one was talking about them. It is interesting because there are other teams that have been talked about all year such as Florida, Kansas, Wichita State, Arizona, etc.

This is truly a year where there is really not much separation between the top 10 or so years. I think they said that in Vegas there is a 50 percent chance that one of the 5 teams - Florida, MSU, Louisville, Arizona, and Kansas win the tournament. It is better value to chose someone else from the field if you are betting for money.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan beats Louisville, I was debating picking UNC over MSU but didn't, and Florida beats MSU.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy MSU is the best team in the country

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying the hype because they were among my preseason picks and I'm sticking to what I know. Certain coaches win games in March.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both Louisville and MSU making the final four and losing. I have FL vs AZ, AZ winning despite losing a starter.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying the hype because they were among my preseason picks and I'm sticking to what I know. Certain coaches win games in March.

That is true, and they certainly could win it all. But I don't think picking them right now is good value for the money. One thing is for certain about MSU. They have not played together that much as a healthy team this year. In a single elimination tournament, you never know if chemistry could be an issue. It only has to be an issue one time for an off game that sends them packing. One thing is for certain about Louisville. Their conference SOS was not what it used to be in the Big East of years past. Will this have an effect on a team that has not been as battle tested as several other teams? Who knows, but I don't think it is worth the value right now.

Pitino and Izzo are great but they are not saviors. They are not immune to early exits in march and both have had them.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am buying some of the hype just not all of it. I don't see this being the championship matchup. To many people on the 4 seed band wagon. I think both teams go far , just not all the way. To wind open of a field this year. Something tells me Virginia has a good chance to knock out Michigan State. I think they have been overlooked. I have Arizona and Florida in the championship. They have the easy road to the finals in my opinion. But this year I would't be suprised if there is a unusual ending to the final.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, and they certainly could win it all. But I don't think picking them right now is good value for the money. One thing is for certain about MSU. They have not played together that much as a healthy team this year. In a single elimination tournament, you never know if chemistry could be an issue. It only has to be an issue one time for an off game that sends them packing. One thing is for certain about Louisville. Their conference SOS was not what it used to be in the Big East of years past. Will this have an effect on a team that has not been as battle tested as several other teams? Who knows, but I don't think it is worth the value right now.

Pitino and Izzo are great but they are not saviors. They are not immune to early exits in march and both have had them.

Yeah but there are just not many better options at this point.

What sucks is that since everyone is hyping MSU and UL many, many people in my pools have the same picks as me because they are just sheep following the herd.

In reality of my 4 final four picks(Florida, Zona, UL and MSU) they were my preseason favorites as well. Lousiville was the one I wasn't quite sold on(and still am not 100%).

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating that not one person has even considered the possibility that Michigan State will lose to Cincinnati.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Great 8. The Izzo magic is gone. The other Big Ten teams got a little over hyped this year, making MSU's tourney victory appear bigger than it was.

And I don't say this out of spite. I respect MSU athletics very much. Even though I hate them.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mich st-yes Louisville-no

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating that not one person has even considered the possibility that Michigan State will lose to Cincinnati.

I have cincy beating MSU in 3 of my 10 espn brackets.

Not sure how you feel about that, but I thought it was a pretty fair assessment of their odds.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have cincy beating MSU in 3 of my 10 espn brackets.

Not sure how you feel about that, but I thought it was a pretty fair assessment of their odds.

Not really. I'd say MSU would win barely half the time. Maybe 6 of 10.

MSU will just not be ready for what they're going to see. I think UC could put them away early, actually. I'm not sure the officials will allow that, though.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I'd say MSU would win barely half the time. Maybe 6 of 10.

MSU will just not be ready for what they're going to see. I think UC could put them away early, actually. I'm not sure the officials will allow that, though.

i hope you're right. If we make it to the final four, no offense, I'd rather play Cincy than MSU. We are essentially the 5-star version of your 3-star team (talent-wise)

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you're right. If we make it to the final four, no offense, I'd rather play Cincy than MSU. We are essentially the 5-star version of your 3-star team (talent-wise)

We can't get 5 star recruits. The arena sucks. Mick has no private jet to hop on. It's an unfair game. It just goes to show you how well of a job he's done there, though.

They're trying to get the money to improve these things. The football stadium is being renovated as we speak. Hopefully, that gets them out of the AAC in a few years.