• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are You a Doubter?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of negative vibe locally about the Falcon offseason on sportstalk radio.

Small sample but noteworthy.

Leadbetter...Falcon beatwriter...he felt like the Falcons did well, but falling short of calling them a playoff team this season.

A fan poll on Sportstalk is about 50/50, with the biggest concern being pass rush.

On the other hand...all of the national NFL talking heads that are giving interviews here are more optimistic...Marrucci, Mayock, Charles Davis all think ATL had the best offseason in the DIV and will be a contender again.

What say you?

Tough schedule, so I don't expect much more than 10 wins, but imo that might be enough to reach the playoffs.

CAR...I think they take a step back on OFC with all new WRs. 10 wins

NO...imo the best team in the DIV, but not a great DEF. 10-11 wins

TB...better, but it might not show up on the record. 8 wins

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to any doubters. I'm confident in this team coming into the season.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we will rebound.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more positive on the team as well, tough DIV as it has been in spite of the records for ATL & TB LY...I don't expect a 12 win team unless somebody just gets hot early...everyone has a fairly tough non DIV schedule.

But most of the people polled on-air appeared to be scorned, long time Falcon fans. The previous season came out of nowhere to shock people so I understand the doubters...not much support for Smitty locally.

The early reports on rookie camp from Leadbetter, et al...Freeman, RB from FSU and Southward S, are turning some heads...of course they don't have any pads on yet either.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on how well the adjustments turn out. If the offensive line still stinks we're not a playoff contender. Osi only put up 7.5 sacks, Massaquai got 4, and we had a couple of DTs put up 3.5. We're still struggling with getting to the QB; the difference between our opponents sacks and ours was -12 last season. Even if we do make the playoffs, I doubt we will go too far if we can't put pressure on guys like Aaron Rodgers who has murdered our defense every time we played them in the playoffs for that exact reason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL couldn't get any worse...I think they will be fine barring major injury...the DL...on paper they didn't do enough in terms of an edge rusher and that's where most of the doubters are grounded.

I think Nolan is a pretty coach DC and he's got better players on the interior of the DL...if Hageman produces early, drawing dbls, they will be better...10 wins will go a long way in the south this season.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL couldn't get any worse...I think they will be fine barring major injury...the DL...on paper they didn't do enough in terms of an edge rusher and that's where most of the doubters are grounded.

I think Nolan is a pretty coach DC and he's got better players on the interior of the DL...if Hageman produces early, drawing dbls, they will be better...10 wins will go a long way in the south this season.

I agree, we upgraded on the DL just not on the outside. I like Nolan to be honest he does a really good job of disguising packages before the snap.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, we upgraded on the DL just not on the outside. I like Nolan to be honest he does a really good job of disguising packages before the snap.

From years of watching the 3-4 in PIT, I'm thinking the interior DL guys are going to help the edge guys play a little better...also there will be some mystery on the scheme at least for a while.

I don't know that Osi can play a 3-4 DE or in coverage @ OLB so this DEF will be somewhat of a hybrid.