• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are they tanking? Are they streaking? Whatever happens will be at the Grill for 4 against HOU 9/13-16

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I haven't read anything that says Crouse was destined to be a reliever. I know one thing though. A guy who cannot throw any deeper into a game than Howard can, is already a reliever.
Relying less on his slider forced Crouse to spend more time on his changeup, which has the potential to become a solid offering with fade and sink, and he can also manipulate his breaking ball into more of a true curve to use as a fourth pitch. Though he still has a lot going on in his delivery, including some head whack, he keeps everything in sync and averaged just 2.0 walks per nine innings in 2019. He's entertaining to watch because he'll talk to himself, groom the mound a la Mark Fidrych and employ a Johnny Cueto shimmy, and some scouts think his energy would be best directed in a late-inning relief role.

this is from his MLB scouting report

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relying less on his slider forced Crouse to spend more time on his changeup, which has the potential to become a solid offering with fade and sink, and he can also manipulate his breaking ball into more of a true curve to use as a fourth pitch. Though he still has a lot going on in his delivery, including some head whack, he keeps everything in sync and averaged just 2.0 walks per nine innings in 2019. He's entertaining to watch because he'll talk to himself, groom the mound a la Mark Fidrych and employ a Johnny Cueto shimmy, and some scouts think his energy would be best directed in a late-inning relief role.

this is from his MLB scouting report
Yep, I have read that before. That doesn't change what I said. No one has said it was a certainty that he will have to accept a bullpen role.

On the other hand, Howard is already pitching in a mid to long relief role in the form of an opener.

By the way, outside of Leiter, I think just about every serious pitching prospect of ours that I have read about, I have read the same thing, that they might have to eventually go to the pen.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I have read that before. That doesn't change what I said. No one has said it was a certainty that he will have to accept a bullpen role.

On the other hand, Howard is already pitching in a mid to long relief role in the form of an opener.

By the way, outside of Leiter, I think just about every serious pitching prospect of ours that I have read about, I have read the same thing, that they might have to eventually go to the pen.
and some of them will. Hearn had the same comments early in his career and now is looking like the epitome of a starter. if they all stay with the team some of them will have to go into relieve roles or live in the minors

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and some of them will. Hearn had the same comments early in his career and now is looking like the epitome of a starter. if they all stay with the team some of them will have to go into relieve roles or live in the minors
They were still saying that about Hearn two months ago.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altuve is another Mosquito type

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he was a good reliever and now he is a good starter. what's your point?
Never mind Mr. Contrary. Even when I agree you have to find conflict and make it into an argument. Go make a second account and argue with yourself. I am done with you.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this might give you a chuckle re physical and bat speed
That wasn't what I was laughing at. I was laughing at you bringing up the idea that of the two, Crouse and Howard, Crouse will probably have to be a reliever.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind Mr. Contrary. Even when I agree you have to find conflict and make it into an argument. Go make a second account and argue with yourself. I am done with you.

I'm done with Mr. Howard

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with Mr. Howard
You know, if Crouse never amounts to more than a good set up man, he will be a lot better than Mr. Howard.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I took your comment the wrong way

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy needs to shut up about Howard

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if Crouse never amounts to more than a good set up man, he will be a lot better than Mr. Howard.
They were talking about how Woody is trying to tweak his delivery and approach on the field they need to put him at AA next year and work with him there. Tired of seeing him right now