• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there any holes that I should address with this team?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a great team, but i could be blinded by my own bias, so I'd like your opinion. The league is a standard head 2 head non keeper league with ten cats (batting-runs, rbis, hrs, sbs, avg. pitching- saves, wins, Ks, ERA, and Whip) 5 of spots, 1util, 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 3b, 1ss, 1 mi, 1ci, 1c, 9 pitchers, 3 bench, 1dl

Catcher- Wilson Ramos (I'm adding gattis once my DL spot opens up.)
1B- Jose Abreu, Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Dozier
3B- Frazier
SS- Dee Gordon, A Escobar
OF- Trout, Rios, Springer, Polanco, Jd Martinez
Util- Morse

Starters- Tanaka, Scherzer, Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Stroman, Duffy, Ross, walker
Relievers- Nathan, Robertson, Rodney, Melancon

DL- Cliff Lee

I've made three trades
Braun for Harper
Gardner for Gonzalez
Harper for scherzer

Opinions?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that looks like a winner. There are a couple pitchers I don't particularly like (Duffy, Stroman and Nathan). They all have value, but I would not be too attached if something better comes along. The back end of your rotation is the closest thing you have to a weakness. Your offense is filthy though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that looks like a winner. There are a couple pitchers I don't particularly like (Duffy, Stroman and Nathan). They all have value, but I would not be too attached if something better comes along. The back end of your rotation is the closest thing you have to a weakness. Your offense is filthy though.

Yeah, I like keeping a few slots open for streaming. I also don't like Nathan much and am looking for a replacement closer.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a great team, but i could be blinded by my own bias, so I'd like your opinion. The league is a standard head 2 head non keeper league with ten cats (batting-runs, rbis, hrs, sbs, avg. pitching- saves, wins, Ks, ERA, and Whip) 5 of spots, 1util, 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 3b, 1ss, 1 mi, 1ci, 1c, 9 pitchers, 3 bench, 1dl

Catcher- Wilson Ramos (I'm adding gattis once my DL spot opens up.)
1B- Jose Abreu, Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Dozier
3B- Frazier
SS- Dee Gordon, A Escobar
OF- Trout, Rios, Springer, Polanco, Jd Martinez
Util- Morse

Starters- Tanaka, Scherzer, Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Stroman, Duffy, Ross, walker
Relievers- Nathan, Robertson, Rodney, Melancon

DL- Cliff Lee

I've made three trades
Braun for Harper
Gardner for Gonzalez
Harper for scherzer

Opinions?

Am I correct in reading that your bench only has pitchers on it? I ask, as I myself would be keeping a big eye on Dozier going forward. After a very strong 2 months, he has been falling off pretty bad since then. Which is why I ask about the bench, as I would have someone to sub with him if I were you.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Dozier could be in for a down half,... (especially since I just attained him in my money league! :) ) , but he should still have power value on the higher end of the 2b spectrum.

I like the team too. To be nit-picky, I would say I don't like the streaky Morse (unless it's the good streak side), but they are few and far between. Rios is in a down year, but I don't know if he'll pull out of it unless other Rangers do (Choo in particular). Then you have two rookies, who are nice rookies, but they're rookies. I am also very weary of Nathan, but you're on that. I actually really like Stroman, but would say Walker (and Duffy) could be expendable if need be.

Otherwise, excellent chance at the gold.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try and move a closer with Morse for a buy-low, like maybe Martin Prado, who can fill different spots, (and a back end arm?) or maybe a Brett Lawrie type?

And I would definitely check Rios' market value for an OF swap (not the kind of trades I usually make, but I have a feeling).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 teams, so I can see your team being weak at saves and Wins for pitching...

There is no reason to own 4 closers in a 10 team league, or really any league... and you shouldn't ever be starting more than 3... It would be nice to have a true Stud closer, which you don't have...

Also, this is a redraft league, pitchers like stroman are way over-rated... you can easily improve on your last 4 starting pitchers- and I don't like any of them for this league(except for ross, assuming it is Tyson)... I am also not a fan of JD Martinez and Morse... I think you should improve on them...

Overall great team, but if you want to win the league you will have to improve most of these holes... As of now, you are certainly in contention to win, but 10 owner leagues most teams are stacked...

As for your offense, this is not an OBP league, so dozier is going to hurt you especially since you have enough power and speed elsewhere...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 teams, so I can see your team being weak at saves and Wins for pitching...

There is no reason to own 4 closers in a 10 team league, or really any league... and you shouldn't ever be starting more than 3... It would be nice to have a true Stud closer, which you don't have...

Also, this is a redraft league, pitchers like stroman are way over-rated... you can easily improve on your last 4 starting pitchers- and I don't like any of them for this league(except for ross, assuming it is Tyson)... I am also not a fan of JD Martinez and Morse... I think you should improve on them...

Overall great team, but if you want to win the league you will have to improve most of these holes... As of now, you are certainly in contention to win, but 10 owner leagues most teams are stacked...

As for your offense, this is not an OBP league, so dozier is going to hurt you especially since you have enough power and speed elsewhere...

I would add one cavaet to the highlighted. If playing in a league that has a max innings cap, going to more closers for a time can really help slow down the innings used ticker. That is my reason for having and playing a bunch, and, once my innings used get back in line, I will be moving closers for starters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add one cavaet to the highlighted. If playing in a league that has a max innings cap, going to more closers for a time can really help slow down the innings used ticker. That is my reason for having and playing a bunch, and, once my innings used get back in line, I will be moving closers for starters.

Or if there are daily changes, there is no reason not to have 4 or possible even more closers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I correct in reading that your bench only has pitchers on it? I ask, as I myself would be keeping a big eye on Dozier going forward. After a very strong 2 months, he has been falling off pretty bad since then. Which is why I ask about the bench, as I would have someone to sub with him if I were you.

Yes, I only have pitchers on my bench. I'm keeping an eye on 2b and short stops, but no one worth owning is available.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have so many closers because only a few teams have them, but they all have 3 or 4 closers and they are the playoff contenders.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I get Josh Harrison or Scooter Gennett?

Welp, it is now appearing that Brandon Phillips is going to go on the DL and miss about 8-12 weeks. Who should I pick up to replace him for now?

Josh Harrison

or

Scooter Gennett

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell? I started a NEW Thread and it was put in this one, WTF? ^^