• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Appalachian State @ Georgia 6:15 EST ESPN

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous about this game. App State has a very solid, 4 year starter at QB along with one of the better running backs in the G5 returning, and they return numerous good players on defense, including their entire stout defensive line.

Georgia's offense line should be more talented than last season, but at the same time, be more inexperienced, so the battle in the trenches will be one worth watching.

Talent wise, Georgia has a significant advantage, but App State always seems to bring it against the big boys, and if they manage to bully Georgia's o-line like they did to Tennessee's last season, this game could turn into a low scoring defensive struggle.

Georgia should win by double digits, but if they get caught looking ahead to Notre Dame next week, App State is good enough, experienced enough and well coached enough to pull off the upset.

I'm going to nervously predict a 31-17 Georgia win.

Unfortunately several months ago I made a commitment to go to a Hank Williams Jr concert tonight, so I won't be around during the game. I'll be pulling an all nighter watching the recorded version after I get home(if I'm able to stand at that point). Didn't even dawn on me when I told them to go ahead and get me a ticket for the concert that it was the real opening day for college football.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Winged_Wheel88 givin instructions ...

tenor.gif

:heh:

:dhd:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't much interest in this game I guess.

I watched the game last night after getting back from the concert, and I liked what I saw.

I hope Jacob Eason is OK, Jake Fromm stepped up and had a good game after Eason went down, but I'd rather not go back to back seasons with a true freshman starting QB.

But I thought our O-line held up very well against a very good and experienced App State D line. Chubb and Michel had running lanes all night, and Fromm had time to throw on most plays.

As for the defense, as far as I'm concerned, they pitched a shutout against a 4 year starting QB, one of the best G5 RBs in the country and a group of solid receivers. It was 31-0 until garbage time when starters were getting pulled, and 4rd string QB for UGA, Brice Ramsey went 0-2 passing with 2 ints.

But overall, I was pleased with the performance. App State isn't a slouch. They're won 21 games over the past two seasons and are favored to be back in the double digits again.