• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone watch the Chick-Fil-A Bowl?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Manziel on the sideline? Did you see him on the field?

What were your thoughts?

Did you see a leader?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy watching JFF as a fan, on the field I see a mix of Flutie, Tarkenton and a lil Major Harris. Off the field especially pregame and during the game, I gotta be honest roids/coke come to mind, I pray Im wrong, the kid is special. I wish our lil fat buddy was still around to give his unbiased opinion..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows… maybe King will find all of us inbred hillbillies here. And, set us straight…

… that would be good.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a solid player and team is well over rated. Duke was by far their best win.

Will he translate to the pros, IMO no way. The scrambling he was able to get away with in college will be limited in pros, and I am not sold on his pocket passing...easy to get guys wide open.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will make a great NFL QB. He is a bit of a cross between Ben Rothlesberger and Michael Vick. The big question is whether he will last and not end up injured.

With the 14th pick in the NFL Draft the NY Jets pick ?????????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, WVU has not had a leader like Johnny since Pat White left.

I truly believe there are a multitude of problems affecting the Mountaineers. But, one of the top for me is a lack of a strong leader for the offense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, WVU has not had a leader like Johnny since Pat White left.

I truly believe there are a multitude of problems affecting the Mountaineers. But, one of the top for me is a lack of a strong leader for the offense.

Let me make sure I understand your comment, hate to put words into your mouth...are u saying the only person on a football field that can lead is a quarterback?..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make sure I understand your comment, hate to put words into your mouth...are u saying the only person on a football field that can lead is a quarterback?..

Not answering for BB

I think you can have leaders at any and all positions BUT...teams with leaders at QB seem to have better productivity and success.

QB1 at any level is the most important position on the field for obvious reasons...I do not think you want shy, scared, arrogant, timid, or many other weaker adjectives leading your huddle. You don't want to call a play and everyone is looking at your WR for motivation ro the extra kick in the a$$. The guy getting the ball 50-100 times game should fill that roll.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a solid player and team is well over rated. Duke was by far their best win.

Will he translate to the pros, IMO no way. The scrambling he was able to get away with in college will be limited in pros, and I am not sold on his pocket passing...easy to get guys wide open.

I agree...I think this thing with NFL teams being hot on running QBs will not last long. Linebackers and DEs are so fast in the NFL that adjustments can be made to contain running QBs. Johnny M. reminds me of Ryan Leaf, lots of raw talent, but maturity and decision making skills are lacking. If he has any chance to make it into the NFL, another year of CFB to grow up and mature will serve him well. I think he is far too big of a gamble to waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on. The NFL graveyard is littered with the bodies of Heisman QBs who didn't do squat in the NFL.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, leaders can be from any position. This year, I think Shaq Rowell was a good leader.

I believe WVU has lacked a leader on offense since Pat White graduated.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, leaders can be from any position. This year, I think Shaq Rowell was a good leader.

I would agree with that statement, BB, but I also think White had other leaders around him, he was the general, but had VERY capable colonels around him, I think Schmitt was the leader in a lot of ways, work ethic, moral, emotion, team spirit, he rallied the troops.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not answering for BB

I think you can have leaders at any and all positions BUT...teams with leaders at QB seem to have better productivity and success.

QB1 at any level is the most important position on the field for obvious reasons...I do not think you want shy, scared, arrogant, timid, or many other weaker adjectives leading your huddle. You don't want to call a play and everyone is looking at your WR for motivation ro the extra kick in the a$$. The guy getting the ball 50-100 times game should fill that roll.
:10::agree:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doused_635x250_1388695741.jpg

Did you see this picture?

Did you know they guy who took it died already?

Known as a master of his craft, longtime Associated Press photographer Dave Martin collapsed on the field of the Georgia Dome after taking one of his signature photos: the coach getting doused by his players.
The 59-year-old Martin suffered an apparent heart attack and died early Wednesday morning after working the sidelines at Texas A&M's 52-48 win over Duke in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...I think this thing with NFL teams being hot on running QBs will not last long. Linebackers and DEs are so fast in the NFL that adjustments can be made to contain running QBs. Johnny M. reminds me of Ryan Leaf, lots of raw talent, but maturity and decision making skills are lacking. If he has any chance to make it into the NFL, another year of CFB to grow up and mature will serve him well. I think he is far too big of a gamble to waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on. The NFL graveyard is littered with the bodies of Heisman QBs who didn't do squat in the NFL.

Running QB's don't get much better than Pat White and Mike Vick, both have had their fair share of injuries from NFL play,heck Pat was nearly killed L. The NFL is a MANS league, bigger faster stronger than anything seen on the college level, way too much money invested in the QB to go and get him broke in two. I think there is a place for running QB's, moving the pocket/bootlegs ect.. and maybe even a design here and there for a run when the WR's take the DB's deep but a QB will not be playing long in that league when he is a runner first.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not answering for BB

But that does happen...more times than not it comes from the Center........he knows the offense as well as the QB...I would agree at the Pro level the QB needs to have one of the strongest voices if not the strongest voice in the huddle...in college or even high school its usually the Seniors or the kids with the most game experience help motivate..the QB is more of a manager for the most part, the person communicationg the play calling.... i.e just look to last nights Sugar Bowl when the two of the Seniors jumped all over a sophmore not playing with his head in the game...

:agree: This comment makes a lot more sense....