• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone Else

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find it ironic that Urban Meyer is crying about the BCS being a "flawed system."

Funny, he had no problems with it back in 2006 when he was campaiging for Florida.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find it ironic that Urban Meyer is crying about the BCS being a "flawed system."

Funny, he had no problems with it back in 2006 when he was campaiging for Florida.
What do you expect from a team that looks to go undefeated 2 years in a row that doesn't sniff the NCG.

That said he is just pointing out why next year will be so much better.

My guess is that your coach and every other coach would be doing the same thing.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you expect from a team that looks to go undefeated 2 years in a row that doesn't sniff the NCG.

My guess is that your coach and every other coach would be doing the same thing.

Actually no, well I can't say for certain with Brady Hoke, as he has not been in that situation yet. But in 2006 Lloyd Carr took the high road and didn't go around begging to the sports networks like Meyer did.

And as for going undefeated last year and not getting to the NCG, Ohio State has got no one but themselves to blame for that one. That was a case of reaping what they sowed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that next year they get in because of playoffs. Not because I hate Ohio St or anything, but because if an undefeated team like Ohio St didn't get in this year and there was no "fix" for next year, it would REALLY put a big emphasis on SoS and maybe we'd see more good games and less FCS games etc.

Of course, since it's not a problem next year, probably throw that out the window.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad that next year they get in because of playoffs. Not because I hate Ohio St or anything, but because if an undefeated team like Ohio St didn't get in this year and there was no "fix" for next year, it would REALLY put a big emphasis on SoS and maybe we'd see more good games and less FCS games etc.

Of course, since it's not a problem next year, probably throw that out the window.

Well, the Big Ten has banned scheduling any future FCS games.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish someone has been lobbying for a 4-team playoff on message boards since year 2000... where the season wouldn't need to be extended, every week would still count, and we could rotate the semis and finals through the existing Bowl Structure.
Oh... wait...

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a flawed system. it could allow a team that doesn't beat or even play a top 15 team all year go to the title game ahead of a team that finishes 3-1 against elite competition.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a flawed system. it could allow a team that doesn't beat or even play a top 15 team all year go to the title game ahead of a team that finishes 3-1 against elite competition.

only three ways to fix that:
1. expand playoffs to 16 or so: destroys regular season
2. make the voters sane: good luck changing all their minds
3. add a strong SOS component to the BCS computers.

Concentrate on #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no, well I can't say for certain with Brady Hoke, as he has not been in that situation yet. But in 2006 Lloyd Carr took the high road and didn't go around begging to the sports networks like Meyer did.

And as for going undefeated last year and not getting to the NCG, Ohio State has got no one but themselves to blame for that one. That was a case of reaping what they sowed.

Please give me an example of Urban begging sports networks.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking the exact same thing when i first read this

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me an example of Urban begging sports networks.

I distinctly remember watching Meyer whine on ESPN on how Michigan "had their chance."

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That's funny Dawg. His coach can't win a game let alone get near a conference championship. You would think scUM fans would have things to worry about other than Urban Meyer.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets assume this is true, Carr did not do everything he can do for his team and it was a disservice to Michigan. Maybe if he would have spoke up they would have played for the NC.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have to admire the hypocrisy in this thread.

The tOSU apologists call what Urban is doing "all he can do for his team" but when the shoe was on the other foot a'la Nick Saban two years ago with his comments on why Alabama was the better choice for the title game, it gets panned as him grandstanding and whining.

What a difference it makes when its your coach huh?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in 2006, Michigan wasn't undefeated, they lost their last game of the season to Ohio State

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not that sure thats fair. I looked for comments from him while he was at Florida supporting the BCS and couldn't find any.

It's only natural not to complain about something thats benefiting you. Doesn't mean he favored the system during his time there. Just that he kept his teeth together.

I may be wrong, but I really couldn't find anything contradicting him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2006, Michigan wasn't undefeated, they lost their last game of the season to Ohio State

Florida wasnt undefeated either... As to the OP the reality is that all coaches SHOULD do what they can for their own teams. Carr should have campaigned for his team in 06, Gundy SHOULD have pointed out time and time again his teams vastly superior schedule to Bamas in 11. I have no problem with coaches doing that for their teams. What irritates me is fans of teams/conferences that change their argument. In 06 SEC fan said " Michigan had their shot and blew it" yet in 11 it was " doesnt matter if Bama already lost to LSU they should still go!!". Its not just SEC fan that does this, its fans of all teams/conferences. Coaches are SUPPPOSED to do everything in their power to help their team, thats wh they are paid. " Conference fan" guy is lame and should just stick to his own team IMO.