• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ANYBODY WANT TO DEFEND BEVELL NOW????

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. One last time.

A bang/bank passing play ate six seconds off the clock. Let's assume two running plays will take twelve (I'm being reeeeeeeeeal generous here. We ran no huddle on a rushing play at the end of the first half. It ate thirty seconds of clock.). Now, there is at least ten seconds for a muddle huddle and the spotting of the ball. That leaves four seconds left.

So there is essentially a three second margin of error. Think of how many times things are changed at the line, players are confused and need more information from the QB, defensive players go out of their way to lay in the pile as long as possible to run the clock...

Terrible idea.

26 seconds is a lot of time to run 3 plays from the 1yd line with one TO. Lynch up the middle on 2nd gets stopped, TO called. Wilson read option fakes to Lynch boot legs to the corner of the end zone and if unsuccessful goes out killing the clock. 4th down is either Lynch up the gut or Wilson rolls out for a pass or run to the end zone. It is very possible to run 3 plays which could all be running plays in under 26 secs.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 seconds is a lot of time to run 3 plays from the 1yd line with one TO. Lynch up the middle on 2nd gets stopped, TO called. Wilson read option fakes to Lynch boot legs to the corner of the end zone and if unsuccessful goes out killing the clock. 4th down is either Lynch up the gut or Wilson rolls out for a pass or run to the end zone. It is very possible to run 3 plays which could all be running plays in under 26 secs.

We are discussing the possibility of three three rushing plays.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are discussing the possibility of three three rushing plays.

Reread my post again. I gave you 3 rushing possibilities in under 26 secs. I never said the rushing plays all had to be up the middle.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at people that are calling for a coach to trap himself into a position where he has no time to substitute, try to find mismatches, keep options open, and has to hurry up between most every down… and to decide at the beginning of the series, "I'm going to run on every down no matter what."

Instead of taking s course where he keeps all options open, makes sure to use every down, keeps D guessing on every down, gets the personnel he wants on every down, seeks musmatches to exploit, and takes a calm approach instead of hurried, AND still runs Lynch on three of four downs.

You ppl need to listen to yourselves. You're beyond laughable.

And then you look at all the above pointed out to you and not only say it was wrong but go beyond and say it's the worst call ever. Truly laughable.

Shouldnt you be waiting at the mailbox with your mom waiting for your Mike and Mike apology letter?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for y'all to respond to and counter one logical point shown to you.

Instead, rants and insults.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread my post again. I gave you 3 rushing possibilities in under 26 secs. I never said the rushing plays all had to be up the middle.

No you didn't. You showed some kind of pass-read option, which the D would be ready for since you have no more time outs.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you look at all the above pointed out to you and not only say it was wrong but go beyond and say it's the worst call ever. Truly laughable.

We are so happy you know more then anybody about football. These guys are thrilled too.

Deion Sanders @DeionSanders Follow
That was the worst play call in the history of the Superbowl!!! Worst QB decision Ever!!!!! Ever Ever! Naw I mean Ever!

Sheldon Richardson @Godforshort Follow
U have a running back named beast mode n u line up in shotgun formation n throw the ball on 1 yr line...the real MVP IS SEATTLE OC

Gerald McCoy @Geraldini93 Follow
Ohhhh you almost had it!! You have to be smarter than that!! Hahahahahaha

Joe Staley @jstaley74 Follow
That seahawks coordinator just cost every player a ring lol. U. Have. Marshawn.

Emmitt Smith @EmmittSmith22 Follow
That was the worst play call I've seen in the history of football.

T.S STARK @untouchablejay4 Follow
Football is simple made complicated by coaches!!!!!

JamellFleming @JamellFleming Follow
U got beast mode and u choose to pass the ball on the 1. That's crazy

Alfred Morris @Trey_Deuces Follow
Wow! Got to feed beast mode!

Golden Tate @ShowtimeTate Follow
If I'm Marshawn I'm livid

Cj Spiller @CJSPILLER Follow
WOW you have the best back n you throw the ball

Jonathan Stewart @Jonathanstewar1 Follow
Wow why not let @MoneyLynch win the game

These are just a few from people that obviously know football.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you post tweets from football related people that were at the time it happened as proof of anything? :pound: I mean it's not like everyone wasn't emotional at that moment.

Several people that said the same thing that night have since changed their view after they heard the full story of what was going on.

Pull your head out of the sand.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. You showed some kind of pass-read option, which the D would be ready for since you have no more time outs.

Chances are the D bites on the Lynch fake and Wilson rolls out boot leg to the corner of the end zone. If unsuccessful, Wilson goes out of bounds killing the clock. That would be a second rush attempt after Lynch's attempt on second down. So now comes 4th down with the clocked stopped and you can run Lynch knowing the Pats D has to respect the pass which could open up a small lane for Lynch to hit and score, or roll Wison out again and he either option A run for the end zone or option B pass. The point is you can run 3 rushing plays under 26 secs.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A PA bootleg is not a rushing play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what part of my math is incorrect in your opinion?

26 seconds .... Next play takes 10 seconds off the clock ... 16 ticks left snap hurry up run another play use your time-out ... We had time... You could a ran twice with Lynch and been fine... Hell we could a ran him 3 times and been fine ... hand off... hurry up ... hand off .. time-out ... hand off... We had all options on the table...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for y'all to respond to and counter one logical point shown to you.

Instead, rants and insults.

You know man, now that I think about it.... I think Pop made the right choice taking Duncan out in game 7 vs Miami... You see Miami knew Duncan was a good rebounder so they were prepared for it... Taking Duncan out was a strategy that confused Miami, so when they shot the ball they would over play the rebounding knowing Duncan wasn't in there.... UPS was that Bosh that got the rebound and kicked it out to Ray Ray for the 3 ? OH MAN strategy didn't work... But hey it was the right thing to do.... Pop was just working the strategies man!

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you post tweets from football related people that were at the time it happened as proof of anything? :pound: I mean it's not like everyone wasn't emotional at that moment.

Several people that said the same thing that night have since changed their view after they heard the full story of what was going on.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Says the guy that uses Kurt Warner as his defense at every chance he gets.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 seconds .... Next play takes 10 seconds off the clock ... 16 ticks left snap hurry up run another play use your time-out ... We had time... You could a ran twice with Lynch and been fine... Hell we could a ran him 3 times and been fine ... hand off... hurry up ... hand off .. time-out ... hand off... We had all options on the table...

You honestly think you can run a play, have the ball reset, huddle, get to the line, and snap the ball again in ten seconds?

Thanks. We're done.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think you can run a play, have the ball reset, huddle, get to the line, and snap the ball again in ten seconds?

Thanks. We're done.

We had more than 10 seconds if we needed... Even if it took a little longer WE WERE FINE... Stop making effin excuses like WE HAD TO THROW... WE DIND"T HAVE TO THROW THE EFFIN BALL!!!!!!! We could a ran it #Q@$^@#$^&#!@ ... If your at the goal line running the ball it doesn't take long to reset because NO receivers are down field... it's not rocket science... WE had time END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!! If we ran it and used the time-out that gives us 20 seconds to run 2 play's from the goal-line..... WE CAN"T DO THAT ???? Impossible right ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had more than 10 seconds if we needed... Even if it took a little longer WE WERE FINE... Stop making effin excuses like WE HAD TO THROW... WE DIND"T HAVE TO THROW THE EFFIN BALL!!!!!!! We could a ran it #Q@$^@#$^&#!@ ... If your at the goal line running the ball it doesn't take long to reset because NO receivers are down field... it's not rocket science... WE had time END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!! If we ran it and used the time-out that gives us 20 seconds to run 2 play's from the goal-line..... WE CAN"T DO THAT ???? Impossible right ?

I just wish you'd stop yelling and word-vomiting over everyone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy that uses Kurt Warner as his defense at every chance he gets.

Really? Haven't seen his name brought up in a week or so. Every chance I get huh. :L

He's a prime example though of someone who made a similar comment and then after learning about the details changed his mind.

I'll take the word of people who have actually taken the time to look into the details vs people who just shot off their mouths out of the emotions of the moment. I mean everyone had that initial reaction. It's just that those who calmed down and were rational understand things better than the few neanderthals who bury their heads in the sand and can't see past their own emotions.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...a pass play.

Maybe I worded this incorrectly. Wilson under center fakes the hand off to Lynch and boot legs to the corner of the end zone would have been an acceptable rushing call. Hopefully I worded this more properly. Anyways, my point is you still can get 3 rushing plays in under 26 sec with Lynch touching the ball at least twice.