• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody think Hawks win Super Bowl 51

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seahawks had it good while their core was still on their rookie contracts. You pay those star players huge money and depth then suffers. The only team that I have seen thrive in these situations is the patriots

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't see it this season, and I respect the hell out of that team in January

Think the red hot Lockett going down is another huge blow to a team being decimated by some big injuries

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the team has been up and down most of this year, I see them as a legitimate dark horse. All they have to do is put together 5 good games. Would love to see them play the Patriots for the Championship.

To be fair, all any playoff teams needs to do is put together 5 good games. :noidea:

But yes I think Seattle has a legit shot at the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be very surprised if they won. I personally don't think it will happen but I have been wrong a time or 2.

5 games? Did they add a game after the Super Bowl?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win? Who knows. But, They have as good a chance to get there as anyone

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it this year.

The O-line has been dominated all year and the defense is not the same without Thomas.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a lot of things to go right to win the SB this year.

First and foremost for me is Russell Wilson has to be on his A game for the entire run it would take to win a SB.
Second the OL needs to at least be able to function at higher level then have been. Better run blocking or better pass blocking would go a long ways to improving the offense IMO, which in turn would be a boon to the defense.
Third the defense needs to find a way not to be leaky despite Thomas being out. If the offense improves, especially at running the ball that would be something that would improve the defense, as they would be spending less time on the field.

Can they accomplish this? IDK, guess we'll find out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have to put 5 good games together. 4 if Atlanta loses and Seahawks get a bye.

1. 49ers
  2. Wild card round
  3. Division round
  4. Conf Championship game
  5. Super Bowl

Sure, they have a game against the 49ers but the results of the 49ers game is irrelevant if they win all of their playoff games. Obviously, Seahawks fans would like to see them beat the 49ers . . . I just don't think it really matters if they do or not.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, they have a game against the 49ers but the results of the 49ers game is irrelevant if they win all of their playoff games. Obviously, Seahawks fans would like to see them beat the 49ers . . . I just don't think it really matters if they do or not.

Big difference if they beat the 49ers and Atlanta loses.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a shot only because the NFC doesn't have a team without flaws not because of the way they are playing playing. This team just isn't the same without Thomas like many have said. I think they were like #4 or 5 pass defense before his first injury and #25 or something since. Couple that with not being able to stop the run or run it themselves as well as previous years, it's just not a good history. If they somehow get very lucky and get the 2 seed they can maybe pull it off. However if they have to play next weekend I just don't see it

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree about the loss of Thomas being huge. I also agree that the O-line has been horrendous. The counterpoint to that is that they may get to face a couple teams that don't have a great pass rush and that RW's legs are healthy again. AZ was all over them in the first half last week but in the second half they did okay to keep RW clean. Not sure if it was all them or Ariens trying to protect a lead though.
Running the ball is definitely a problem but they have shown flashes. I don't think the loss of Lockett hurts them as much as some may think. I do think, however, that they need to target Graham a helluva lot more. He's a match-up nightmare for a few teams they may face so use him. I think Richardson gives them a deep threat on the outside and Baldwin can hold up his end. And Kearse only has to make 2 or 3 chain moving catches a game which he usually does.
So here's the scenario:
This week, take care of business in SF and don't fuck around and we are 3 seed at worst. Atlanta beats N.O. and so be it, we host the W.C. The Saints pull the upset and we get a huge bonus.
W.C., either the Lions or Skins come to town (god I hope TB doesn't sneak in the back door here). With all due respect to them, I don't think they can win in that environment. Both have excellent QB's and receivers but neither team runs the ball much. I think Seattle's pass rush can get home and disrupt the timing and then it all depends on Wilson and the offense to get some points and control the clock a little. If we miraculously get the 2 seed, this is moot.
Division round, Atlanta. The Falcons could beat the Hawks. Unlike the previous teams I mentioned, they have a running game to compliment Ryan and that great passing game. The Hawks were lucky to edge out Atlanta in the earlier meeting but R.W. was playing on half a leg at the time. The thing the Falcons haven't got is a pass rush without sending extra guys. That hurts them in the play-offs. Their front just isn't great and Seattle could move the ball on them. Enough of that and our defense doesn't have to be on the field all day long and get exposed. Having said that, where is the game played. If in Atlanta, I think the Hawks are big underdogs, to say the least. If in Seattle, it helps the team immensely.
Finally, the NFCCG. This is anybodies guess. Does GB or the Giants upset Dallas? I don't know but it is possible. Then, if the Hawks have won, they have home field yet again. But it's a total crap shoot for who wins that one. I would like our chances vs. the Giants but not as much vs. Rodgers and the Packers. If Dallas wins their divisional round game after the bye, I think the Cowboys roll into the SB. I honestly don't think either Seattle or Atlanta has enough to stop the 'Boys in Dallas. Just too much Zeke combined with those other studs.
The one thing the Hawks have going for them is experience in the play-offs along with GB. Atlanta has some but not as much as the other 2. A lot has to happen right but anybody that totally dismisses the Hawks is really just hating and not being logical.
So there is your 3 or 4 games to get into the dance. After that, the SB and anybody can win on any day. Just ask the 07 Pats and Giants.
Do I think they will win it all? Not really. Too much has to happen and they haven't shown any real consistency all year.
Do I think they could win it all? Yes, they have as good a shot as 5 or 6 other teams out there. If (and this is a big if) they can get a couple breaks and play with any kind of consistency for the next 6 weeks, they could run the table. The D needs to step up and shut up (you reading this Sherm?) and R.W. and company need to put points on the board. More importantly, they need to stay on the field with sustained drives to keep those high powered offenses they will face on the sideline.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree about the loss of Thomas being huge. I also agree that the O-line has been horrendous. The counterpoint to that is that they may get to face a couple teams that don't have a great pass rush and that RW's legs are healthy again. AZ was all over them in the first half last week but in the second half they did okay to keep RW clean. Not sure if it was all them or Ariens trying to protect a lead though.
Running the ball is definitely a problem but they have shown flashes. I don't think the loss of Lockett hurts them as much as some may think. I do think, however, that they need to target Graham a helluva lot more. He's a match-up nightmare for a few teams they may face so use him. I think Richardson gives them a deep threat on the outside and Baldwin can hold up his end. And Kearse only has to make 2 or 3 chain moving catches a game which he usually does.
So here's the scenario:
This week, take care of business in SF and don't fuck around and we are 3 seed at worst. Atlanta beats N.O. and so be it, we host the W.C. The Saints pull the upset and we get a huge bonus.
W.C., either the Lions or Skins come to town (god I hope TB doesn't sneak in the back door here). With all due respect to them, I don't think they can win in that environment. Both have excellent QB's and receivers but neither team runs the ball much. I think Seattle's pass rush can get home and disrupt the timing and then it all depends on Wilson and the offense to get some points and control the clock a little. If we miraculously get the 2 seed, this is moot.
Division round, Atlanta. The Falcons could beat the Hawks. Unlike the previous teams I mentioned, they have a running game to compliment Ryan and that great passing game. The Hawks were lucky to edge out Atlanta in the earlier meeting but R.W. was playing on half a leg at the time. The thing the Falcons haven't got is a pass rush without sending extra guys. That hurts them in the play-offs. Their front just isn't great and Seattle could move the ball on them. Enough of that and our defense doesn't have to be on the field all day long and get exposed. Having said that, where is the game played. If in Atlanta, I think the Hawks are big underdogs, to say the least. If in Seattle, it helps the team immensely.
Finally, the NFCCG. This is anybodies guess. Does GB or the Giants upset Dallas? I don't know but it is possible. Then, if the Hawks have won, they have home field yet again. But it's a total crap shoot for who wins that one. I would like our chances vs. the Giants but not as much vs. Rodgers and the Packers. If Dallas wins their divisional round game after the bye, I think the Cowboys roll into the SB. I honestly don't think either Seattle or Atlanta has enough to stop the 'Boys in Dallas. Just too much Zeke combined with those other studs.
The one thing the Hawks have going for them is experience in the play-offs along with GB. Atlanta has some but not as much as the other 2. A lot has to happen right but anybody that totally dismisses the Hawks is really just hating and not being logical.
So there is your 3 or 4 games to get into the dance. After that, the SB and anybody can win on any day. Just ask the 07 Pats and Giants.
Do I think they will win it all? Not really. Too much has to happen and they haven't shown any real consistency all year.
Do I think they could win it all? Yes, they have as good a shot as 5 or 6 other teams out there. If (and this is a big if) they can get a couple breaks and play with any kind of consistency for the next 6 weeks, they could run the table. The D needs to step up and shut up (you reading this Sherm?) and R.W. and company need to put points on the board. More importantly, they need to stay on the field with sustained drives to keep those high powered offenses they will face on the sideline.
Boy that was a lot of reading. I'll just comment on the Graham thing. It has been proven JG disappears in games. Teams can shut him down. This goes back to his days in NO. His best chance of helping the Hawks is getting RW out of the pocket scrambling which gives JG more time to get open. He's then a huge target with a large wingspan so all RW needs to do us get it close.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Oline isn't that good. Earl Thomas is out and so is Tyler Lockett. RB issues.

1 and done home loss

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that fellas. Kinda got on a roll and got carried away. Just thought I should explain my reasoning with more than the usual cliches.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Earl is just too much, IMO. Pick any any other player by named Wilson and they'd have a ok chance, but Earl really is the straw that stirs the drink on defense. It's not the individual loss, it's how the other 10 positions now have to compensate for Earl's loss at the macrolevel.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the team has been up and down most of this year, I see them as a legitimate dark horse. All they have to do is put together 5 good games. Would love to see them play the Patriots for the Championship.

I would love to see an Atlanta-Patriots SB... :)