• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any validity to this?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hung out to a couple of big VT donors who have been golden Hokies for years and they hearing that LT may move back to TE because Leal and Young were looking decent and could take over the QB spot. Thoughts?

Personally, I hope this doesn't happen. It would be nice to have a tall QB who can move and run the option more effectively like we used to (assuming Stiney is smart enough to leverage him in this way).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hung out to a couple of big VT donors who have been golden Hokies for years and they hearing that LT may move back to TE because Leal and Young were looking decent and could take over the QB spot. Thoughts?

Personally, I hope this doesn't happen. It would be nice to have a tall QB who can move and run the option more effectively like we used to (assuming Stiney is smart enough to leverage him in this way).

----------
I'm with you. If LT is the best man suited for the job then that is where he needs to be. I don't think they will move him back unless he is beaten out for the position in the spring (don't see that happening) or LT WANTS to move back to TE (reportedly he wasn't sure about being at QB a year or so ago, he has since fell in love with the thought of playing it). I feel like VT has enough playmakers at WR, so they should not have to rely on the TE for receiving purposes as much. IF they move him back top TE, I think it will be another Beamer/Stiney plan/blunder that will set VT back, and keep them from having any shot at the ACC in 2011-12. I haven't heard anything about Young or Leal lighting it up, so I believe what you are hearing are rumors. Besides, wouldn't Ju-Ju get the nod over either of these guys? IMO VT needs to move to more recruiting of a LT size QB if they are ever to compete for more. Bigger QB's, bigger Olinemen...let the stud RB's run the ball.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Ive heard this before but not for a long time. To be honest i'd be real surprised if it happened, but who knows what our staff is thinking. Imo it would make more sense to move Drager back, maybe he could play TE and some situational DE since we have found a little depth @ DE.