• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antwaan Randle El Regrets Playing Football

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just a football problem. It's a contact sport problem. Hockey is having the same issues.

Chf nailed this on the money. Sorry to bring Hockey into this but goes to the point...........

Family of Steve Montador sues NHL

I'm a Pro Wrestling Fan. Same issues with some.

The leagues try to make it safer by instituting "Concussion Protocol" which IMO does Jackshit.

The only reason Goddell and Bettman don't do anything is because they will lose revenue if they do.

Maybe more of what the Montador family is doing will help........... But i doubt it

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone too far with this. Dude just needs to admit to his wife that he doesn't listen to nor give a shit about what she says.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone too far with this. Dude just needs to admit to his wife that he doesn't listen to nor give a shit about what she says.

I'll admit this is somewhat funny but I highly doubt he isn't having problems.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While an interesting story that highlights the problems in the NFL, I wonder what exactly Randle El would have done if Football wasn't in the picture? Is it better to lie on a beach and not remember if you ordered a Pina Colada or not, or be the guy bringing the Pina Colada???

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be long before football is deemed "too dangerous" to play. Should open the doors for our high school star athletes to start focusing on the Worlds most Popular and Technical sport, the real futbol.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are going to find a lot of guys with CTE when they are looking for it. The problem with those studies is they brains they are testing are already predisposed to having CTE. Meaning, they are testing brains of people who already show signs of diminished mental capacity.

Larger studies are needed with larger pools of athlete brains.

Totally agree.

The brains donated to the studies are coming from guys who feel that something is wrong before their death.

And we do need more complete and comprehensive studies in order to reach a real conclusion and that's going to take a lot of time. The unfortunate part of that is that we would be way further along that timeline had the NFL not spent years and years denying that there was any kind of link at all.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While an interesting story that highlights the problems in the NFL, I wonder what exactly Randle El would have done if Football wasn't in the picture? Is it better to lie on a beach and not remember if you ordered a Pina Colada or not, or be the guy bringing the Pina Colada???

As someone who has a young(er) family member going through dementia, (early onset Alzh), she'd choose to have her faculties and be delivering Pina Colada's every time out.

If she was capable of it, she'd take her own life.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is stuff happening though in a positive sense.

Story doesn't seem to be playing properly on their site, but it's pretty wild watching what he helmet does in a collision.

We ran it on our news last night.

Football Helmet Combats Concussions - NBC News

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a sad story, if i was a pro athlete i would play baseball too. Baseball is really fun and don't want to worry about head problems later in life.
Golf is safer.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SonnyCID is dead on when he says we should already know more about this if not for the league trying to suppress it.
The NFL has employed the Big Tobacco game plan to perfection: delay, obfuscate, do your own study and publish your own results, discredit the opposition when they conclude something that could be damaging, beg for more studies/research before drawing conclusions, create doubt and confusion...

I watched the NOVA documentary about Mike Webster and the Pittsburgh Neuropathologist who first made the link between football and CTE. It is very chilling. I haven't seen "Concussion" yet but I imagine is is just a drama-fied version of the Doc, with handsomer characters.

Yeah, people make their own decisions and some of this might have happened anyway to certain players with a genetic predisposition, but what the League has done is borderline criminal.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be long before football is deemed "too dangerous" to play. Should open the doors for our high school star athletes to start focusing on the Worlds most Popular and Technical sport, the real futbol.
2hhjalx.gif

tumblr_muxmuogYJN1qcxfxbo2_500.gif
funny_soccer_gay_m1004.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has a young(er) family member going through dementia, (early onset Alzh), she'd choose to have her faculties and be delivering Pina Colada's every time out.

If she was capable of it, she'd take her own life.
OK and that friggin sucks and makes me feel very sorry for that person and really all of you who have to see them go through it. But where is it we are seeing Randel El is anywhere near that situation. I have had more than one concussion in my life and I never played in the NFL. I'm not comparing myself to Randel El in any way whatsoever of course, but I often forget things. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older. Did your family member get this through concussions? Their situation and Randel El's do not in anyway seem comparable to me. I just seems to me like a lot of guy are positioning themselves for a pay day. Again, not saying he is, but it's not like there aren't a million people in every State going through something way worse than what he is describing. At least he got millions for it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate part of that is that we would be way further along that timeline had the NFL not spent years and years denying that there was any kind of link at all.

While I agree, playing the blame game without mentioning that the NFLPA was also complicit in looking the other way, does no one any good. The NFLPA had knowledge of the report but ran in lockstep with the NFL all in the name of $$$. That is why I find any finger pointing at this point, laughable. Everyone involved in the business of the NFL had a hand in denying the truth.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puke:

Man I hate soccer. I know there are more fans but if you consider everything, no sport comes close to what NFL is. Baseball is a distant second.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK and that friggin sucks and makes me feel very sorry for that person and really all of you who have to see them go through it. But where is it we are seeing Randel El is anywhere near that situation. I have had more than one concussion in my life and I never played in the NFL. I'm not comparing myself to Randel El in any way whatsoever of course, but I often forget things. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older. Did your family member get this through concussions? Their situation and Randel El's do not in anyway seem comparable to me. I just seems to me like a lot of guy are positioning themselves for a pay day. Again, not saying he is, but it's not like there aren't a million people in every State going through something way worse than what he is describing. At least he got millions for it.

It keeps getting worse until you're gone. Zip. Nothing. Nada.

I hope for yours and your families' sake that nobody ever goes through it. No matter the cause. Not fun. In my case, my relative wasn't making NFL millions, but was quite successful. Should be going on cruises and round the world trips, and enjoying her golden years after decades of killing herself to achieve that.

Instead she's locked in a ward with people 20-25 years her senior. The condition progresses unevenly, but she's losing more memory of herself all the time. You lose recent memories first, and older ones last.

She doesn't recognize my daughter anymore.

Eventually she won't recognize me. Eventually she'll even lose the ability to speak, and will sit like a vegetable.

It's incredibly hard on the families around the person too.

There's a LOT of study that needs to be done, to find out how it all works. But it's all linked. Whether it's brain injury through repetition, genetics, or diet, or a combination of all three, nobody knows yet.

Whatever the exact causes, it's horrible.

Cross your fingers it doesn't happen to you and yours.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that confuses me is how Rugby doesn't have the same issues.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that confuses me is how Rugby doesn't have the same issues.

Watch a rugby match. It's damn near perfect form tackling all the time. Head shots of any kind are very rare.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch a rugby match. It's damn near perfect form tackling all the time. Head shots of any kind are very rare.

Well yeah. When you're not wearing a helmet, I guess you're brain tells you that it isn't a good idea to lead with your head. Maybe helmets are the NFL's issue.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

The brains donated to the studies are coming from guys who feel that something is wrong before their death.

And we do need more complete and comprehensive studies in order to reach a real conclusion and that's going to take a lot of time. The unfortunate part of that is that we would be way further along that timeline had the NFL not spent years and years denying that there was any kind of link at all.

Yes they are learning more about it since these players are donating their brains but the league knew about this YEARS before all of this nonsense and kept their mouths shut because they were racking in the money (which is why they didn't say anything) and turned a blind eye.