• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Answering the Biggest Questions for the Alabama Crimson Tide

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post-Spring Analysis: Answering the Biggest Questions for the Alabama Crimson Tide | May

You can't complain about two National title in three years but at Alabama they aren't going to stop until they have all of your crystal. This years Crimson Tide team is deep and stocked with talent but has some definite question marks because of the loss of their elite running back and a host of great defensive players. We caught up with our Alabama guy to get his take on some of the most pressing question marks for the 2012 Alabama Crimson Tide.

:second:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a BCS NC would be great.... But right now I'd settle for a good bowl game.... D has talent but is young. Not looking forward to Death Valley at night either.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting.

I disagree with their "Alabama guy" a little bit though.

There's no question who's going to be our starting running back, second string running back, or third string. Eddie Lacy, Fowler/Hart, Fowler/Hart, then Yeldon.

He's going to be a damn good running back, likely Heisman contender, but I can't believe someone would even mention him and starting over Lacy in the same sentence.

Lacy has plowed over and spun around enough defenders to let me know where he stands. When he came on the field, there was no drop off in production, he averaged 7 yards per carry and you can see it.

He's not really getting a lot of love right now from people, but I don't think it'll be long into the season before it starts flowing in.

Here's some of Lacy and Fowlers highlights. These two are too good for a freshman, even one like Yeldon to come and take their spot.

Lacy actually fumbles in a run in that vid...lol. I probably would've kept that one out.

Another thing I disagree with him on, he didn't mention DeAndrew White as a top receiver for next year. I think White is gonna be bad ass this season, along with Jones and Norwood. That's the top 3 in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rolltide Ingram didn't get much love early in the season either IIRC.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting.

I disagree with their "Alabama guy" a little bit though.

There's no question who's going to be our starting running back, second string running back, or third string. Eddie Lacy, Fowler/Hart, Fowler/Hart, then Yeldon.

He's going to be a damn good running back, likely Heisman contender, but I can't believe someone would even mention him and starting over Lacy in the same sentence.

Lacy has plowed over and spun around enough defenders to let me know where he stands. When he came on the field, there was no drop off in production, he averaged 7 yards per carry and you can see it.

He's not really getting a lot of love right now from people, but I don't think it'll be long into the season before it starts flowing in.

Here's some of Lacy and Fowlers highlights. These two are too good for a freshman, even one like Yeldon to come and take their spot.

Lacy actually fumbles in a run in that vid...lol. I probably would've kept that one out.

Another thing I disagree with him on, he didn't mention DeAndrew White as a top receiver for next year. I think White is gonna be bad ass this season, along with Jones and Norwood. That's the top 3 in my opinion.

Oh, I think there is doubt. The Yeldon kid will be getting the bulk of carries come November. The kid is something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you meant.... BCS NCG was on ESPN U earlier.....I watched almost all of it. Sweet!!!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to respectfully disagree with you guys on this one. I think he's gonna be a damn beast in the near future, it's just that Fowler and Hart are both really good backs. I can see him getting some action this season, but I see Fowler getting the bulk of the carries behind Lacy, then Hart and Yeldon will probably be even.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to respectfully disagree with you guys on this one. I think he's gonna be a damn beast in the near future, it's just that Fowler and Hart are both really good backs. I can see him getting some action this season, but I see Fowler getting the bulk of the carries behind Lacy, then Hart and Yeldon will probably be even.

I think Hart is gonna be a good one as well. I'm just not a big fan of Fowler as an every down back at all. I think they should use him in short yardage situations only.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is awesome that we can have this debate as to who is going to get the most carries, we have to love our depth and our haters have to be envious.