• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Day Early Thread...Pens at Rangers GNT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some good hand-eye coordination.

I believe the Penguins wish to make some variety of statement today.

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems to me, the Rangers plan was to definitely get in Geno's face and try to get him off his game. To some degree, aside from the play he made on his goal he's been kinda low key compared to normal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little things: On that last exit of the zone between Malkin and Engelland, about four turnovers were prevented simply by having good support.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the look of that Sullivan-Crosby-Staal line. Good puck possession. And a matchup nightmare. I hope we see more of it. :thumb:

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This game well pretty darn well. No obvious major injuries and team played well enough to extend the streak to 10 games. This weekend games vs the Devils and Flyers loom big.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the NHL should just start engraving the Names of the Penguins for the Cup this year..... may as well not waste any time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for ruining the chemistry. :hockeysmile:

Big win for the Penguins. Pulls them within 4 of the East's number one seed.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Letang with a +5 was sweet to see. Also, Fleury probably won't get much love in a game where his team had five goals, but 29 saves isn't exactly easy.

Great to see Sid back and looking more and more comfortable as the game went on. Also, that Neal to Geno goal was sweet as fuck. But the supporting cast still continues to shine through for this team (even with both superstars in); five points between Matt Cooke, Tyler Kennedy, and Pascal Dupuis shows people what this team is about: hard work, believing in the system, and playing for the guy next to you. These guys didn't see Crosby back and expect him to do the heavy-lifting. Hell, the only reason this win streak is still continuing is because those types of guys picked up the slack for a few games when the first line wasn't producing. Obviously we have a ton of skill, but I like where this team's identity is at right now: everyone all-in for those two points.

Rangers fans - I hope you guys are healthy for that later matchup. I want to see both these teams as complete as possible heading into the playoffs. Yeah, as we're trying to stay in the fight for first, I wasn't exactly crying that Lundy (as well as Callahan and DZ) was out, but both teams could benefit from using each other as a benchmark.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang with a +5 was sweet to see. Also, Fleury probably won't get much love in a game where his team had five goals, but 29 saves isn't exactly easy.

Great to see Sid back and looking more and more comfortable as the game went on. Also, that Neal to Geno goal was sweet as fuck. But the supporting cast still continues to shine through for this team (even with both superstars in); five points between Matt Cooke, Tyler Kennedy, and Pascal Dupuis shows people what this team is about: hard work, believing in the system, and playing for the guy next to you. These guys didn't see Crosby back and expect him to do the heavy-lifting. Hell, the only reason this win streak is still continuing is because those types of guys picked up the slack for a few games when the first line wasn't producing. Obviously we have a ton of skill, but I like where this team's identity is at right now: everyone all-in for those two points.

Rangers fans - I hope you guys are healthy for that later matchup. I want to see both these teams as complete as possible heading into the playoffs. Yeah, as we're trying to stay in the fight for first, I wasn't exactly crying that Lundy (as well as Callahan and DZ) was out, but both teams could benefit from using each other as a benchmark.

I hope so too considering it's the second to last game, I'm hoping we're health by then. But I would like to see how we match up when both teams are healthy.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too considering it's the second to last game, I'm hoping we're health by then. But I would like to see how we match up when both teams are healthy.

Good lord in heaven that game's gonna be huge.