• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anone for Captain Kirk

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... let's just stop the "Let's get So-n-So" QB comments. They are NOT coming here.

Cousins- IS Jay Cutler! He will throw bad picks and NOT "make his teammates" better... and do you want to listen to his post game Yells? No thanks- He would be run out of here faster than Jay. And yes they can tag him again.

Romo? NO chance: Cowboys still have him under contract, They don't have to pay Presscot yet, and I believe that if they were to release Romo they would still have a pretty healthy cap hit. They COULD try to trade him...but do you want to give up draft picks for a guy who is OLDER than Cutler and MORE injury prone? No thanks.

Jimmy G: I would love to have him too.... BUT it's not going to happen... NE know's he's a player, they are going to demand a ransom in return. AT LEAST ONE first rounder and MORE. 1 & two 3's? Two 1's? I truly have no idea what JG is worth on the open market, but Bill will get what he wants. AND do you really want to put that pressure on a kid who has had 3 NFL starts?

I predict they go rookie in the first or 2nd round. And hope and pray that guy is the "RIGHT" guy. So study up on the top 3-4 QB prospects. Decide which name you want to repeatedly type over and over again- most likely followed by some homophobic slur, utter nonsense or meatball-tastic bear fandom bullshit.
"THEY should get "Trubisky" cause a good solid polish name in Chicago is going to be awesome!!"
Cousins is much better than Cutler. That is not saying much though. Cousins spreads the ball around. Cutler locks in on the same receiver or two the entire fucking game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Cousins- IS Jay Cutler! He will throw bad picks and NOT "make his teammates" better... and do you want to listen to his post game Yells? No thanks- He would be run out of here faster than Jay. And yes they can tag him again.

Yeah... Cousins- IS Jay Cutler!

Lol... as far as what? He's not similar on the field, as Cutler has never even sniffed a run like Cousins is on right now (or the second half of last season, for that matter). I also cannot think of a QB more opposite than Jay in demeanor.

Do you want to listen to his post game Yells?

Uh... YES. The question should be; "why wouldn't you want to see a QB that pumped up after a big win?". I never gave two shits about Jay's perceived "lack of energy". However, it's cool to see a professional so enthusiastic after a big win, to the point where he can't contain his excitement.

No thanks- He would be run out of here faster than Jay.

Since you first showed up at this board, your OBSESSION with what complete strangers think about the Bears and Bears QB's is obnoxious. It's as if it CONSUMES you. It's irrelevant, why do you give a fuck? It has no bearing on you or the team itself. If it did, Jay would have been out of here 5+ years ago.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is much better than Cutler. That is not saying much though. Cousins spreads the ball around. Cutler locks in on the same receiver or two the entire fucking game.

Right now, and for the past month or so... Cousins has been performing at an elite level. His numbers have been absurd lately.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is giving a first round pick? Really? Have you seen the quarterbacks that are available and what they are getting the past few years? Bill is going to ask for the moon... someone is going to offer it. Mark my words.
............... I guess well see. Whoever gets him will be putting up big money. And the situation is not in NE favor. Next year is the last year of his rookie contract. Why would any team give him a first for a guy that will be a FA next year? You can have him for money with no pick given. Teams would wait a season rather then give up a first rd pick. But time will tell, there are some boneheads feeling the heat that may jump. I'm guessing 2 third round picks or one second round pick at most.[/QUOTE]

Why would any team give him a first for a guy that will be a FA next year?

You answered your own question in that post. The reason is because, somebody WILL trade for him and he won't hit the open market.

Somebody will give a first for Jimmy G. No doubt in my mind. He was a borderline 1st out of college, and his performance early this season only upped his worth. Somebody starved for a QB will do it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Belicheck gets nothing for Garrapolo.

Honestly, if I were BB, I'd keep Garrapolo and send Brady packing. It's time.

Lol... wait... what?

Brady is as good as he's ever been. He has shown no signs of decline, and upon coming back from suspension this year. I believe he even had the best stretch of his entire career or something for a month.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... wait... what?

Brady is as good as he's ever been. He has shown no signs of decline, and upon coming back from suspension this year. I believe he even had the best stretch of his entire career or something for a month.

It's coming. Sooner than later. Dude can't play forever. You gonna have another Garrapolo in waiting? How has Brady fared against teams that are actually good this year?, i.e. Seattle.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then you wouldn't actually be BB, because that move is a dumb AF. BB is going to ride Brady until he isn't ineffective and Brady has been lights out this year. He could probably go another 5 years, and by then BB will have found another diamond in the rough at QB.

GFY

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid of me, to suggest that it might be time soon, to move on from a 39 year old QB. He will be 40 by the start of next season. What a moron I must be.

tumblr_m9fbufwsqn1qc882co2_250.gif~c200

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid of me, to suggest that it might be time soon, to move on from a 39 year old QB. He will be 40 by the start of next season. What a moron I must be.

Don't be a little sarcastic bitch. This isn't any ordinary 39 year old QB. This is a first ballot HOFer who hasn't slowed down one bit. Moving on from Brady now could cost NE Superbowls.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's coming. Sooner than later. Dude can't play forever. You gonna have another Garrapolo in waiting? How has Brady fared against teams that are actually good this year?, i.e. Seattle.

Yeah, but the thing is that they just signed Brady to an extension. Not to mention, he said he has a goal of playing WELL into his 40's and is obsessed with it. Says he's a health nut, and truly believes he can do it. I believe him.

Put it this way, the way he's playing right now. There's just no way they can keep Jimmy G around. It will still be a little while before Brady needs to be replaced. In one year they're going to lose outright to a team offering him money to be their future QB. They might as well get a high draft pick for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's playing at as high of a level as ever... and hey... guy... HE JUST SIGNED A GOD DAMNED CONTRACT EXTENSION. lol

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you first showed up at this board, your OBSESSION with what complete strangers think about the Bears and Bears QB's is obnoxious. It's as if it CONSUMES you. It's irrelevant, why do you give a fuck? It has no bearing on you or the team itself. If it did, Jay would have been out of here 5+ years ago.

You're right. I have been. I hate stupid fans. I'm using the word hate here, hate is a strong word...I sickens me. I'm not a fan of people who don't think things through.
Many on message boards are trying to use persuasive language techniques to swing readers to their point of view. This does work if done well, but when done BAD it's sickening. It's just rehashing of stupid.

Appeals: Appealing to the readers through the following: (*most used)
Emotions: GAWD he SUCKS!!
Fears: We're gonna LOSE!!
Desire to seem intelligent: I TOLD you he sucks!!
Desire to fit in, to be accepted, to be loved: Yeah, I agree he sucks!! See I'm just like you!
Desire to follow a tradition: Da Bears! Bear's should be about Defense and running the ball!

Attacks: (*2nd most used) Attacks on opposing views, or the people who hold them can persuade the audience by portraying views and beliefs which are contrary to the author's contention as foolish, dangerous, uncaring or deceitful. Using humor to make fun of these views can be particularly persuasive. Note: can offend or alienate audience if overdone.

Evidence: (*3rd most used)
Statistics: Look at all those turnovers!!! (all blame on him)
"Expert" Opinions: well talking head/writer said this...ect!!!
Research findings and anecdotal evidence OR false correlation: "the defense gave up 50 points today...it's because they were TIRED! If the offense would stay on the field they D would be better!!" (Climate change can't be real, because it SNOWED yesterday!)

There are a few more that get used on here a lot, but these are the top 3. When KNOWING this- you and others should start to notice what the writer is doing. What's really funny to me...is that MANY MANY posters DON'T recognize it when they see it. They just resort to doing the same.
You say it's irrelevant... I say it changes EVERYTHING. The old adage: Perception is reality. When the majority "believes" something It becomes VERY difficult to change that belief. And that is all.
Good Luck.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know Kirk Cousins can choose where he goes, right? What semi successful QB would actually choose to play in Chicago? None! We suck that bad. And it's not just that we suck that bad, we also have a fan base ready to crucify our QB if they throw a bad pick. No quality QB wants to come here.

I don`t think the players think that bad.......
You're right. I have been. I hate stupid fans. I'm using the word hate here, hate is a strong word...I sickens me. I'm not a fan of people who don't think things through.
Many on message boards are trying to use persuasive language techniques to swing readers to their point of view. This does work if done well, but when done BAD it's sickening. It's just rehashing of stupid.

Appeals: Appealing to the readers through the following: (*most used)
Emotions: GAWD he SUCKS!!
Fears: We're gonna LOSE!!
Desire to seem intelligent: I TOLD you he sucks!!
Desire to fit in, to be accepted, to be loved: Yeah, I agree he sucks!! See I'm just like you!
Desire to follow a tradition: Da Bears! Bear's should be about Defense and running the ball!

Attacks: (*2nd most used) Attacks on opposing views, or the people who hold them can persuade the audience by portraying views and beliefs which are contrary to the author's contention as foolish, dangerous, uncaring or deceitful. Using humor to make fun of these views can be particularly persuasive. Note: can offend or alienate audience if overdone.

Evidence: (*3rd most used)
Statistics: Look at all those turnovers!!! (all blame on him)
"Expert" Opinions: well talking head/writer said this...ect!!!
Research findings and anecdotal evidence OR false correlation: "the defense gave up 50 points today...it's because they were TIRED! If the offense would stay on the field they D would be better!!" (Climate change can't be real, because it SNOWED yesterday!)

There are a few more that get used on here a lot, but these are the top 3. When KNOWING this- you and others should start to notice what the writer is doing. What's really funny to me...is that MANY MANY posters DON'T recognize it when they see it. They just resort to doing the same.
You say it's irrelevant... I say it changes EVERYTHING. The old adage: Perception is reality. When the majority "believes" something It becomes VERY difficult to change that belief. And that is all.
Good Luck.

WTF did you just say Joe?.........lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your memes and gifs don't make up for your lack of intelligence.

oh noes, the biggest douche-nozzle on the Bears page thinks I'm not smart, because I expressed an opinion that he didn't agree with.

However will I sleep at night?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, ok ok...I'd keep Brady until he qualifies for AARP.

Hey............I can qualify for a card if I wanted one........54 is really not that old.