• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anone for Captain Kirk

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that IS it...

So now let's do a little math, shall we?

When you get a guy in the NFL draft you pay him a few million a year maybe for three years!!!

When you get a guy via free-agency? You pay $20 million a year starting day ONE!!!

There is a REASON why over 2/3 of the teams in the NFL have chosen to draft and develop QBs!!!

You still have to pay the QB 20 mil... so you can't spend that money. Your logic isn't really all there.

Your logic would make more sense if the Bears hadn't already been in the midst of a total youth overhaul for the last two years. We've done a damn good chunk the rebuilding part... we need a damn QB. You don't pass on a fucking franchise QB because you want to pay 20 million in two years, but not now. That's is asinine! If you see a QB, and think he could be the guy. You grab him. It's the most important position on the damn field, so quit fuckin around with it and getting cute.

You have to pay him 20 mil right away... Yeah, you do. You know why...??? because he went through his 1-2 year learning curve somewhere else and he's ready to fuckin go. That's why.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get this dam team a QB. I really don't care how. Sure the FA will cost more initially but leave us a early pick to use elsewhere. I could live with that. Draft one? Sure. I would do both, it's a QB league. I'm hoping for Jimmy G and using that first pick on a top defender. But nothing would be better then if Barkley or Shaw worked out.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a REASON why over 2/3 of the teams in the NFL have chosen to draft and develop QBs!!!

Some believe that teams want a clean slate and do not want to bring any professional bad habits with him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have to pay the QB 20 mil... so you can't spend that money. Your logic isn't really all there.

Your logic would make more sense if the Bears hadn't already been in the midst of a total youth overhaul for the last two years. We've done a damn good chunk the rebuilding part... we need a damn QB. You don't pass on a fucking franchise QB because you want to pay 20 million in two years, but not now. That's is asinine! If you see a QB, and think he could be the guy. You grab him. It's the most important position on the damn field, so quit fuckin around with it and getting cute.

You have to pay him 20 mil right away... Yeah, you do. You know why...??? because he went through his 1-2 year learning curve somewhere else and he's ready to fuckin go. That's why.

3/4 of the league currently has a home-grown QB that they drafted, so the "fuckin' franchise QB" grew up in their system or are currently growing withing their system...

Yeah, you see what you think is a good QB, go out and get him, eh? Pay $20 Million now to teach a QB your system (Because if you fuckin' think Kirk Cousins is going to walk into Chicago and start slingin' it, you're sorely mistaken.) No, you develop on the cheap if you can!!! This isn't rocket science. My "logic" is plentiful there. The majority of the league and the entirety of recent Super Bowl WINNING teams have gone the route I am advocating, so stop bashing like I'm some idiot!!! Yes, you CAN spend the $20 million elsewhere for a few years. THAT IS HOW SEATTLE WAS ABLE TO KEEP THE CORE OF THEIR DEFENSE TOGETHER FOR A FEW YEARS, SIR!!! And when it became time to pay Russell Wilson? Well suddenly we see more and more players saying "Adios" via free-agency for them...

Do I need to remind you that we tried it your way last time? And what did we get? Did we get what we paid for? I'd answer that with a resounding, NO...

So stop being a dick and acting like I'm some kind of crackpot. You are showing an inability to learn from what we've recently been through... Not saying Cousins is Cutler, I know they're different, but results can still be similar and Cousins is not above making stupid mistakes (Live in the D.C. area and am forced to watch the 'Skins all the time.)... Cousins works in the Redskins system well... Not sure why you think it automatically translates to ours?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some believe that teams want a clean slate and do not want to bring any professional bad habits with him.

And if ole rich thinks that Cousins doesn't have any bad habits, he's sorely mistaken...

Just sayin'.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/4 of the league currently has a home-grown QB that they drafted, so the "fuckin' franchise QB" grew up in their system or are currently growing withing their system...

Yeah, you see what you think is a good QB, go out and get him, eh? Pay $20 Million now to teach a QB your system (Because if you fuckin' think Kirk Cousins is going to walk into Chicago and start slingin' it, you're sorely mistaken.) No, you develop on the cheap if you can!!! This isn't rocket science. My "logic" is plentiful there. The majority of the league and the entirety of recent Super Bowl WINNING teams have gone the route I am advocating, so stop bashing like I'm some idiot!!! Yes, you CAN spend the $20 million elsewhere for a few years. THAT IS HOW SEATTLE WAS ABLE TO KEEP THE CORE OF THEIR DEFENSE TOGETHER FOR A FEW YEARS, SIR!!! And when it became time to pay Russell Wilson? Well suddenly we see more and more players saying "Adios" via free-agency for them...

Do I need to remind you that we tried it your way last time? And what did we get? Did we get what we paid for? I'd answer that with a resounding, NO...

So stop being a dick and acting like I'm some kind of crackpot. You are showing an inability to learn from what we've recently been through... Not saying Cousins is Cutler, I know they're different, but results can still be similar and Cousins is not above making stupid mistakes (Live in the D.C. area and am forced to watch the 'Skins all the time.)... Cousins works in the Redskins system well... Not sure why you think it automatically translates to ours?

SO. FUCKING. WHAT? lol... 3/4's of the league also doesn't have a very good QB.

What in love of all fuck are you talking about? This is an absurd analogy. By this logic, since we tried through the draft with Rex and Orton prior to Cutler, than I guess we shouldn't draft a QB either. Since Cutler was better than those two, we should STICK to not drafting QB's. It's not the way we've acquired our QB's that has failed. It's the damn QB's we've acquired. We've tried EVERY SINGLE way possible, and it has failed regardless.

You are showing an inability to learn from what we've recently been through...

No. You are showing an inability to even understand what we have been through.

Yeah, you see what you think is a good QB, go out and get him, eh? Pay $20 Million now to teach a QB your system (Because if you fuckin' think Kirk Cousins is going to walk into Chicago and start slingin' it, you're sorely mistaken.)

Why? Why am I sorely mistaken that he could translate well into this system? What SPECIFICALLY about him does not translate into this system? We watched Jay Cutler have a good year in this system last year for chrissake. Very few QB's are doing what Cousins is doing right now. Yes, regardless of what system he is in... I'll take him over any of the questionable prospects in this year's draft class. The #2 overall pick that we currently possess, along with the weight of committing to a kid as our future franchise QB carries just as much weight as an 4 year/18-20 million dollar per year contract.

My "logic" is plentiful there. The majority of the league and the entirety of recent Super Bowl WINNING teams have gone the route I am advocating, so stop bashing like I'm some idiot!!!

Your logic is not there. The majority of the league and SB champions go that route, because it is almost ALWAYS the only one there. AGAIN... QB's with the talent and resume of Cousins hardly EVER hit the open market. Therefore, we have very little of a track record to go off of. This would not be a usual situation. Usually, if you haven't noticed... guys like Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the type of QB's you generally see on the open market or trade block.

Last year's SB champions... Peyton Manning, rare talent to hit the open market. Brees, rare talent to hit the open market. These are two of the few most recent instances of rare talent QB's to hit the open market, and it turned out pretty damn well. So, I'll stop acting like you're a "crackpot" when you display a full understanding of the subject. Passing off Kirk as one of the many usual cast-offs you find available in free agency, is just utterly silly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if ole rich thinks that Cousins doesn't have any bad habits, he's sorely mistaken...

Just sayin'.

Oh, kiss my ass, stupid...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO. FUCKING. WHAT? lol... 3/4's of the league also doesn't have a very good QB.

And apparently we're one of them! But gee, I thought we solved that? Guess not.

richig07 said:
What in love of all fuck are you talking about? This is an absurd analogy. By this logic, since we tried through the draft with Rex and Orton prior to Cutler, than I guess we shouldn't draft a QB either. Since Cutler was better than those two, we should STICK to not drafting QB's. It's not the way we've acquired our QB's that has failed. It's the damn QB's we've acquired. We've tried EVERY SINGLE way possible, and it has failed regardless.

BUT ONE WAY DOESN'T HAMSTRING YOUR FUCKING TEAM FINANCIALLY!!! THE OTHER WAY DOES!!!

richig07 said:
No. You are showing an inability to even understand what we have been through.

Not at all... I just understand the difference between a small rookie contract and a king's ransom.

richig07 said:
Why? Why am I sorely mistaken that he could translate well into this system? What SPECIFICALLY about him does not translate into this system? We watched Jay Cutler have a good year in this system last year for chrissake. Very few QB's are doing what Cousins is doing right now. Yes, regardless of what system he is in... I'll take him over any of the questionable prospects in this year's draft class. The #2 overall pick that we currently possess, along with the weight of committing to a kid as our future franchise QB carries just as much weight as an 4 year/18-20 million dollar per year contract.

Cutler had a "good" year because they dialed him back... 21 TDs and 11 INTs!!! WOAH!!! STOP THE PRESS!!! Going to go out on a limb and guess that Hoyer or Barkley could produce similar numbers...

richig07 said:
Your logic is not there. The majority of the league and SB champions go that route, because it is almost ALWAYS the only one there. AGAIN... QB's with the talent and resume of Cousins hardly EVER hit the open market. Therefore, we have very little of a track record to go off of. This would not be a usual situation. Usually, if you haven't noticed... guys like Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the type of QB's you generally see on the open market or trade block.

And again... It WON'T happen, so I'd say if your erection over Cousins continues, call a doctor...

The logic is fuckin' simple. Why pay $20+ million for a, in your eyes, STUNNING Jay Cutler-esque "good" season of 21 TDs and 11 INTs? Even if Cousins throws 1/3 more TDs than that it isn't worth $20 Million

richig07 said:
Last year's SB champions... Peyton Manning, rare talent to hit the open market. Brees, rare talent to hit the open market. These are two of the few most recent instances of rare talent QB's to hit the open market, and it turned out pretty damn well. So, I'll stop acting like you're a "crackpot" when you display a full understanding of the subject. Passing off Kirk as one of the many usual cast-offs you find available in free agency, is just utterly silly.

Peyton Manning... Drew Brees... Kirk Cousins...

Are you listening to yourself?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler had a "good" year because they dialed him back... 21 TDs and 11 INTs!!! WOAH!!! STOP THE PRESS!!! Going to go out on a limb and guess that Hoyer or Barkley could produce similar numbers...

Dont even bother with this. I posted the great year he had, some 300 to 350 of his 480 attempts that year were thrown to receivers either behind the line of scrimmage to 10 yards out. Thats what I dont get, thinking that another QB cant complete passes before the player gets to the defender. They still need a big arm gunslinger to make those passes when you are paying for the big arm and deep ball but he has absolutely no accuracy with the deep ball. I dont think he completed much over 30 yards.

Of course there is always an excuse that we did not have a deep threat.

The whole deal is budgeting for a position, and the current consideration is if other starting qb's are worth 20 million than any starter is worth 20 million.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont even bother with this. I posted the great year he had, some 300 to 350 of his 480 attempts that year were thrown to receivers either behind the line of scrimmage to 10 yards out. Thats what I dont get, thinking that another QB cant complete passes before the player gets to the defender. They still need a big arm gunslinger to make those passes when you are paying for the big arm and deep ball but he has absolutely no accuracy with the deep ball. I dont think he completed much over 30 yards.

Of course there is always an excuse that we did not have a deep threat.

Yup, exactly... On a side note, I got fooled one last time this season with the Minnesota game thinking, "Well, MAYBE he's turning a corner?"... Then the Tampa game came... Nope, same ole Jay... LOL!!!

anotheridiot said:
The whole deal is budgeting for a position, and the current consideration is if other starting qb's are worth 20 million than any starter is worth 20 million.

I get that eventually we will have to pay up if we find our guy. Just don't see the rush, and I'd like to see the guy work with the Bears before paying up.

What I hate about this thread is that I like Cousins, but don't want to be that team that breaks the bank for him (In fact, I advocated the Bears sending a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him two years ago when the 'Skins WERE actually shopping him.)... Cousins isn't just going to demand "Starting QB money". He's going to want "Top 5 QB in the league money". Some have stated that his contract will eclipse Andrew Luck's which just seems absurd to me. He has shown the capability within the Washington offense of being top 5, but I just think we'd be wasting money for a couple of years if we spend that type of $$$ on a QB now is all...

This team is NOT just a QB away from being contenders IMO, so I don't see an issue with being patient at that position...

Again, this is all a moot point since Cousins isn't going anywhere.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, they are comparing what the redskins will have to pay to franchise him again to what he is worth. After cousins got stuck behing RGIII that first year, I would see no reason Cousins would even want to stay with that franchise other than a paycheck. I want that QB that loves the game more than he loves the money, and good old no emotion Jay has never been that guy.