• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels get a good reliever for nothing

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seems like teams want Daniels to pay a huge price for any piece we get.... but the Angels made a trade for a quality reliever in exchange for 2 scrubs.

- Los Angeles traded INF Alexi Amarista and minor league RHP Donn Roach to San Diego for RBP Ernesto Frieri, who was 1-0 with a 2.31 ERA in 11 relief appearances this season with the Padres.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like teams want Daniels to pay a huge price for any piece we get.... but the Angels made a trade for a quality reliever in exchange for 2 scrubs.

- Los Angeles traded INF Alexi Amarista and minor league RHP Donn Roach to San Diego for RBP Ernesto Frieri, who was 1-0 with a 2.31 ERA in 11 relief appearances this season with the Padres.

I'll wait to see if it is a good move for them. Pitchers from SD are tough to gauge. Yeah we got a good one, but look at Bell.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to see if it is a good move for them. Pitchers from SD are tough to gauge. Yeah we got a good one, but look at Bell.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is exactly what I was thinking.

The waiting is over. Frieri looks like Mariano Rivera except better and they gave up what will probably be a super utility player at best.

Frieri hardly gives up any hits and strikes out 2 per inning. He gives up walks but they never hurt him.

Walden has moved to setup, has less pressure and is doing the job now. Bring on Scott Downs and then Frieri and its lights out at the end of the game now. What was one of the worst bullpens last month has turned into one of the best in baseball all of a sudden.

With Pujols coming on and Trout looking like a young Derek Jeter watch out. The bottom of their lineup is still weak though.

Dipoto scored big on this one and with the Haren for Saunders trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiting is over. Frieri looks like Mariano Rivera except better and they gave up what will probably be a super utility player at best.

Frieri hardly gives up any hits and strikes out 2 per inning. He gives up walks but they never hurt him.

Walden has moved to setup, has less pressure and is doing the job now. Bring on Scott Downs and then Frieri and its lights out at the end of the game now. What was one of the worst bullpens last month has turned into one of the best in baseball all of a sudden.

With Pujols coming on and Trout looking like a young Derek Jeter watch out. The bottom of their lineup is still weak though.

Dipoto scored big on this one and with the Haren for Saunders trade.

:rolleyes2: