• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck signs 5-year contract extension with Colts

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the truth. Andrew Luck has never had a season where he had a 69.8 completion percentage, 70.1 QBR and a Quarterback rating of 101.6 with over 500 pass attempts in the NFL…FACT

Would you rather have luck?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partially true, you are cherry picking. Not unexpected.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching First Take yesterday and multiple hostesses, 3 women, opined that Luck gave the Colts a hellified break. Not verbatim, but some of the opinions, thoughts, ideas they expressed were......

Luck could've been the first player in NFL history to get his entire contract sans bonuses and the like guaranteed......................I found that interesting and plausible.

Luck could've done for player salaries in the NFL. What Tiger did for all golfers, blowin up golf's prize money all across the board. To the extent possibly that fringe type players/STers/the Taylor Jacobs of the NFL might've ended up with guaranteed contracts.................Again, interesting

That Luck gave the Colts a break in part because unlike any other positional player in any other sport. NFL QBs are expected by everyone, owners, coaches, other players, fans. To think of the team and not just themselves even during their own monetary negotiations............................I agree with this as it concerns Luck and how his football career arc has tracked. Brady's another example of this as well imo, but for different reasons. There are other QBs thougvh that due to their own circumstances and/or viewpoint of themselves who aren't near so magnanimous.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oother interesting tidbits brought up on First Take, though I haven't researched or looked into it myself. The money going into the ever increasing cap isn't going to QBs. The claim was made that the increasing QB salaries only made up about 5 to 6 % of the cap increase.

That while most players may not want to do it which is see an increase in the number of reg season games as well as increased overseas play. That these things may be the means for NFL players to get more salary. As well as more guaranteed contracts and more power to control their own destiny.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oother interesting tidbits brought up on First Take, though I haven't researched or looked into it myself. The money going into the ever increasing cap isn't going to QBs. The claim was made that the increasing QB salaries only made up about 5 to 6 % of the cap increase.

That while most players may not want to do it which is see an increase in the number of reg season games as well as increased overseas play. That these things may be the means for NFL players to get more salary. As well as more guaranteed contracts and more power to control their own destiny.

5 to 6% of the cap for one position is a ton. If we only count for 50 players and each player got 5 %, that is 250%. QB salaries are really the beneficiaries.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 to 6% of the cap for one position is a ton. If we only count for 50 players and each player got 5 %, that is 250%. QB salaries are really the beneficiaries.

Word. I wasn't even thinking in those terms. Good lookin out.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the truth. Andrew Luck has never had a season where he had a 69.8 completion percentage, 70.1 QBR and a Quarterback rating of 101.6 with over 500 pass attempts in the NFL…FACT

More truth. In 4 years and 25 starts under his belt. Cuz still doesn't have as many starting wins, 10, in his career. As Luck had his rookie season, 11. Cuz has thrown over 500 passes, 543, once. Luck has thrown over 600 passes twice already and averaged throwing 604 passes his first 3 years. That's insane. P. Manning is the only other QB I can think of who even came close to having that workload in his first 3 season averaging 560 passes his first 3 seasons.

If people wanna argue who's a better QB between Luck and Wilson. I think that's a reasonable debate though the truth is. Wilson landed in a better situation than Luck and I can't think of any QB in my 40+ years of watching NFL football. That has had more placed on his shoulders far as whether his team is successful or not in his first 4 years than Andrew Luck.

I do believe Cuz has placed his name in the "best of the rest" category when it comes to QBs drafted in 2012. And I also believe he has the goods to continue to improve upon what he started last year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Luck is better at this juncture.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of saying Luck never had as good a year as Cousins last year you have to take the entirety of their careers. There is no bigger fan of Cousins than me, but I can't put him in the same sentence with Luck at this point in their careers. As I said earlier that can be re-evaluated in 5 years.

As happy as I am that Cousins did well last year there is still a lot to be proved. Consistency is a big key.