• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Bynum to the rescue...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are two time defending champs. we don't need a difference with the pacers. if hibbert dominates against us... we still win. see last two playoff series. we are just saying he will play better than haslem for 10 minutes. and if he doesn't.. no difference. we still win the series.

the heat will be champs this year. laker fans need to accept this. it is happening.

If you don't mind, I think I'll let the season play out and see what happens.

The Heat haven't gotten better since last season (unless Oden contributes) and other teams have, including the Spurs. Miami likely loses either the ECF or finals last year without HCA. I'm not sure they'll have HCA for both this year and may not have it for either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't mind, I think I'll let the season play out and see what happens.

The Heat haven't gotten better since last season (unless Oden contributes) and other teams have, including the Spurs. Miami likely loses either the ECF or finals last year without HCA. I'm not sure they'll have HCA for both this year and may not have it for either.

They actually have in 2 ways excluding Oden

1) Wade is healthy

2) They have a guy in Beasley who can drop 15 or 20 off the bench on any giving night

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think it's going to make a difference to have Wade at 100% instead of 65% at best you're a fool.

And if you don't think having a guy like Beasley who can flat out score is not an improvement over guys like Mike Miller & Udonis Haslem last year then you're just an fool

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't recall any of them stating with absolute certainty that Oden would make the difference, several Heat fans have said that they were hoping they could get 10-15 minutes per game in the playoffs and that it would offset enough of their disadvantages in the paint to get them another title.

They were specifically looking at potential matchups with Indy and the Spurs.

Pretty much spot on.
No Heat fan that I can recall that Oden would be a significant, humongous game changer.

We are just hoping he can be effective in spurts against a couple opposing centers.

If he grabs a few boards, alters a few shots, draws a couple fouls, then he has more then did what hoped of him.

Here's a question.
Who thought in October that Oden would still be healthy or that Beasley would have turned into a model citizen/teammate?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think it's going to make a difference to have Wade at 100% instead of 65% at best you're a fool.

And if you don't think having a guy like Beasley who can flat out score is not an improvement over guys like Mike Miller & Udonis Haslem last year then you're just an fool

I would agree with that if it's true that Wade was only 65% in the finals last year, but I am not convinced he is at 100% now or will be in the finals if they get that far and it took a hail mary from Ray Allen last year to get past the Spurs. Oden is not going to contribute this year, but by next year he will begin to develop if he avoids injuries. I believe Bynum would be the key for the Pacers - without Bynum at 100% - I don't think Indiana has a prayer against the Heat

And to be honest I have very little confidence that Bynum won't be ByDumb

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually have in 2 ways excluding Oden

1) Wade is healthy

2) They have a guy in Beasley who can drop 15 or 20 off the bench on any giving night

Forgot about Beasley. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to being in the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Beasley. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to being in the playoffs.

He's been there before.
Respond to what?

One thing I can guarantee about Beasley is that he won't overthink anything.

Buckets will always put pressure on opposing defenses if he gets his hands on the ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that if it's true that Wade was only 65% in the finals last year, but I am not convinced he is at 100% now or will be in the finals if they get that far and it took a hail mary from Ray Allen last year to get past the Spurs. Oden is not going to contribute this year, but by next year he will begin to develop if he avoids injuries. I believe Bynum would be the key for the Pacers - without Bynum at 100% - I don't think Indiana has a prayer against the Heat

And to be honest I have very little confidence that Bynum won't be ByDumb

A Ray Allen catch and shoot corner 3 is far from a hail mary..That is Ray Allen bread and butter spot actually.

A hail Mary would be if that 3 came from Birdman or Udonis Haslem.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Ray Allen catch and shoot corner 3 is far from a hail mary..That is Ray Allen bread and butter spot actually.

A hail Mary would be if that 3 came from Birdman or Udonis Haslem.

Not so sure about Birdman doing a three, but honestly - I thought that was one hell of a pick up when you got him and he is good for some shots if Allen is open, but Allen would be my first choice without a doubt - he can drain three after three when he gets hot. Still with the final seconds - just getting him the ball by itself was a miracle by itself.

I am sure that the Spurs will live that shot the rest of their lives:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been there before.
Respond to what?

One thing I can guarantee about Beasley is that he won't overthink anything.

Buckets will always put pressure on opposing defenses if he gets his hands on the ball.

Has been there with a championship level team that is counting on him?

It's one thing to be in the playoffs on a team that isn't going to win a title. It's something different to be there on team that's expecting to win a title and expecting him to perform well to do it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum plays, Indy wins. It's over. Bynum is clearly the MVP and Indy is winning the Finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been there with a championship level team that is counting on him?

It's one thing to be in the playoffs on a team that isn't going to win a title. It's something different to be there on team that's expecting to win a title and expecting him to perform well to do it.

He hasn't , but you could use that analogy with how many different players, almost every post season?

If championships were only one by players that had been in that situation before and performed under the pressures, then the Heat would be a near mortal lock to be playing the Spurs again this season.

For the most part, these guys eat, live, breathe basketball shooting from certain spots countless times per week.

They are more surprised when they miss most of the time then when they make shots.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it was a pretty impressive debut, all things considered. Good team to start against since they lack his size.

The turnovers and sloppy ball handling persist. Not sure why they could not make the adjustment on rebounding. When a team is mostly shooting jump shots, you have to factor in that the rebounds will go longer. Much to be done. Little if any progress thus far.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't , but you could use that analogy with how many different players, almost every post season?

If championships were only one by players that had been in that situation before and performed under the pressures, then the Heat would be a near mortal lock to be playing the Spurs again this season.

For the most part, these guys eat, live, breathe basketball shooting from certain spots countless times per week.

They are more surprised when they miss most of the time then when they make shots.

All true, but you never know how a guy is going to perform under that pressure until he gets the chance. This is Beasley's first chance to perform under this kind of spotlight, so we'll see how he performs.

So far, in the regular season, he has been everything the Heat hoped for and maybe more. Now, we'll see if he can continue that in the playoffs with the team that everyone is gunning for.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, but you never know how a guy is going to perform under that pressure until he gets the chance. This is Beasley's first chance to perform under this kind of spotlight, so we'll see how he performs.

So far, in the regular season, he has been everything the Heat hoped for and maybe more. Now, we'll see if he can continue that in the playoffs with the team that everyone is gunning for.

I'm just hoping he gets the chance.
As of now he is still usually the 9th or 10th player in the rotation.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys bitching about corner 3s and HCA forget the reason why either of those series went 7 games was corrupt as fuck officiating. So, cite what you want in the end the best team in the league won it move on.

This year we have a new commissioner, Wade should be healthy, Beasley will help MIA off the bench, Oden might be able to give as many as 20 minutes a game (probably closer to 10) and IND can't score. It takes a team of 8 (wearing 2 different jerseys) for IND to beat MIA in a 7 game series.

In the Finals MIA has shown they can play very well against the Western offenses and when they want their D is better than anything the West has to offer.

LAC vs MIA would be a sick show, OKC vs MIA would be cool too.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys bitching about corner 3s and HCA forget the reason why either of those series went 7 games was corrupt as fuck officiating. So, cite what you want in the end the best team in the league won it move on.

This year we have a new commissioner, Wade should be healthy, Beasley will help MIA off the bench, Oden might be able to give as many as 20 minutes a game (probably closer to 10) and IND can't score. It takes a team of 8 (wearing 2 different jerseys) for IND to beat MIA in a 7 game series.

In the Finals MIA has shown they can play very well against the Western offenses and when they want their D is better than anything the West has to offer.

I will admit I am not feeling very comfortable right now. But there is still time for the Pacers to get their heads out of their asses. Just sayin.......:laugh3:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yall find this dude credible?