• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

and with the number two pick in the draft..

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by way of trade with the Tennessee Titans, the San Diego Chargers select Marcus Mariota.

Seems to be more buzz about this by the day. Good for Mariota as it keeps him away from the Jets and Browns. Also blows up Chip Kelly's plan too. HA!!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most offseasons I would say, you're crazy.

But after the craziness of this one, I have stopped saying never going to happen to pretty much anything.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But after the craziness of this one, I have stopped saying never going to happen to pretty much anything.

Rivers is on his last year of his contract and has said he will not sign an extension because he's afraid of the team moving up to Los Angeles.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is on his last year of his contract and has said he will not sign an extension because he's afraid of the team moving up to Los Angeles.

Why should that matter? With the money he's made he can just buy a helicopter and fly to practices and games in LA. No need to move there.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah you do have a point. But the one thing ill say is since there is buzz and were hearing about this. It's probably bunk. Remember the "buzz:" about the jimmy graham trade or the sam bradford/foles swap??? no,,, thats cause there wasn't any.

When stuff gets leaked that means its usually dead.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MM is a franchise QB, Tenn would be making a mistake with a trade like this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to tell these days especially the quarterbacks that are coming from the spread offenses that give them ridiculous numbers. Elway today was talking about the draft and he said so far in the league those spread shotgun quarterbacks have busted quite a bit more than succeeded in making the transition to the NFL and especially the ones that are being asked to start right away because they are just not ready for so much change to then find success. RGIII did it for a year but that is because they played in his college system instead of working to transition him to the NFL. Then when his injury happened and his running ability diminished he just wasn't ready to be a pocket passer.

So all that to say that if Tennessee does just decide to go a different direction I don't blame them. Even if Mariota finds success in this league whoever takes him is taking a huge risk to invest such a valuable pick in a guy with a very high bust rate.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell these days especially the quarterbacks that are coming from the spread offenses that give them ridiculous numbers. Elway today was talking about the draft and he said so far in the league those spread shotgun quarterbacks have busted quite a bit more than succeeded in making the transition to the NFL and especially the ones that are being asked to start right away because they are just not ready for so much change to then find success. RGIII did it for a year but that is because they played in his college system instead of working to transition him to the NFL. Then when his injury happened and his running ability diminished he just wasn't ready to be a pocket passer.

So all that to say that if Tennessee does just decide to go a different direction I don't blame them. Even if Mariota finds success in this league whoever takes him is taking a huge risk to invest such a valuable pick in a guy with a very high bust rate.

I dont know if I buy that spread qbs can't work stuff. I mean look at the seahawks and patriots they play out of the shot gun like 60-75% of the time. The game is changing, if you can't take a talent like MM and make it work thats on you. Quit living in the 60s and get creative. The thing that pete carroll always says which I feel is why they find so many gems.... focus on what the guy can do, not what they can't.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what team will do it, but my (fake) money is on Mariota going #2.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Tennessee and I get Rivers and some picks I take that deal. Tennessee is more than just one player away. Like already noted al picks are a crap shoot. You know what you're getting in PR.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you get a collection of American Indian Bow Ties

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Tennessee and I get Rivers and some picks I take that deal. Tennessee is more than just one player away. Like already noted al picks are a crap shoot. You know what you're getting in PR.

:agree:

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Broncos fan, I wish the Broncos would offer Manning and a few draft picks to Tennessee, so that we could choose Mariota and get our QB of the future. I mean, I hope Brock Osweiler is going to step up after Manning, but I think that getting Mariota would be a large, productive change for the Broncos Organization.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Broncos fan, I wish the Broncos would offer Manning and a few draft picks to Tennessee, so that we could choose Mariota and get our QB of the future. I mean, I hope Brock Osweiler is going to step up after Manning, but I think that getting Mariota would be a large, productive change for the Broncos Organization.

I dare say you don't speak for 1% of the Broncos fanbase in wishing to trade Manning and "a few draft picks" for Mariota.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF...idk what kind of player MM will be, but the law of averages says he will not be a special player.

I think this is pretty simple...draft position aside...in TN...if you feel that Mettenberger will be at least a starting caliber player that can win games at this level...you trade the pick if you don't want L. Williams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except he's not... and Tennessee will be the ultimate victor after the butt r*pe they put some franchise through with the trade.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he's not... and Tennessee will be the ultimate victor after the butt r*pe they put some franchise through with the trade.
I don't think he'll pan out either but then again I said the same thing about Bridgewater and he turned out okay.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF...idk what kind of player MM will be, but the law of averages says he will not be a special player.

I think this is pretty simple...draft position aside...in TN...if you feel that Mettenberger will be at least a starting caliber player that can win games at this level...you trade the pick if you don't want L. Williams.
Granted, but if Tenn is happy with Metts, they don't need Rivers and drop from #2 to #17. My point is in reply to the OP.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll pan out either but then again I said the same thing about Bridgewater and he turned out okay.

Hold your horses there. It has only been one season and Bridgewater still has a lot to prove. I hope that Mariota does well in the pros, but I bet he will only be average to below average.