• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An unbiased look at the 2019 Texas Longhorn schedule. mostly

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be Texas' year. All that talent on offense and that blistering fast LB group, will make for a spectacular season. Look for the Horns to go 11-1 and make believers outta the haters.
who is the one loss to?

Last year's Longhorn was far more skilled where it counts, and they still lost 4 games.,

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be Texas' year. All that talent on offense and that blistering fast LB group, will make for a spectacular season. Look for the Horns to go 11-1 and make believers outta the haters.

Um, LB is probably my Horns weakest position. That speed graduated.

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given Herman’s track record, I see them more likely to lose the WTF? games as favorites.

Some depth and Ehlinger's improving decision making likely lessens this.

Early season is will the big issue for the defense. Texas replaced 5-6 defensive starters last year. It showed against Maryland but they grew up by UGA. This year they replace 8 defensive starters.

I get a big kick out of the detractors always saying they lost 4 games last year and never that they won 10 games and dominated the SEC's #2 team.

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ehlinger can start connecting with all the wide open guys deep that he kept overthrowing last season it tremendously changes what defenses do against Texas.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some depth and Ehlinger's improving decision making likely lessens this.

Early season is will the big issue for the defense. Texas replaced 5-6 defensive starters last year. It showed against Maryland but they grew up by UGA. This year they replace 8 defensive starters.

I get a big kick out of the detractors always saying they lost 4 games last year and never that they won 10 games and dominated the SEC's #2 team.

On the flip side, those pushing the “Texas is a top 5 team” are putting too much emphasis on the Georgia game.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. I know way more about my Horns than you do. Texas is weak at LB this year and is chasing the UF grad LB that is from Dallas.

You might know half of what I know, but I doubt it. Trust me, I know people on the coaching staff and from what we've all decided, the LB position is going to be fantastically fast and brutal.

Welcome back, btw.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might know half of what I know, but I doubt it. Trust me, I know people on the coaching staff and from what we've all decided, the LB position is going to be fantastically fast and brutal.

Welcome back, btw.

With that avi, the only thing I can figure is you lost a bet and someone picked the ugliest thing they could think of.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas doesn’t return a single Starting LB. The 2 that started the spring game are not necessarily fast. The top ILB recruit will miss the season with an injury. This is just a bad take

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas doesn’t return a single Starting LB. The 2 that started the spring game are not necessarily fast. The top ILB recruit will miss the season with an injury. This is just a bad take

Lol you seem surprised.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the one loss to?

Last year's Longhorn was far more skilled where it counts, and they still lost 4 games.,

Far more skilled? Texas is actually fine at the skill positions. Those are probably stronger.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think beating LSU will be crucial for prolonged success throughout the season.

I hope it doesn't happen.

giphy.gif

I think #50 is my favorite Maryland player.
He got a 30 yard penalty and ejected from the game.

Horns down is a crime.

Longyac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome back, btw.
If that is actually true I hope that is a measure of confidence in landing the JuCo LB, Juwan Mitchell out of Butler, and the grad transfer LB, Kylan Johnson from UF, as we don't have a proven Mike and are reportedly recruiting both heavily.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him some time. He’s still getting used to pretending to be a Longhorn fan. Takes a while to get into character. Think he was a “TCU fan” a couple years ago.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is actually true I hope that is a measure of confidence in landing the JuCo LB, Juwan Mitchell out of Butler, and the grad transfer LB, Kylan Johnson from UF, as we don't have a proven Mike and are reportedly recruiting both heavily.

The freshmen LB are lickity split fast. You haven’t seen them like I have.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him some time. He’s still getting used to pretending to be a Longhorn fan. Takes a while to get into character. Think he was a “TCU fan” a couple years ago.

Pfft. Longhorns LB’s are sick, bro. You’ll see

Horns up

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freshmen LB are lickity split fast. You haven’t seen them like I have.

McCulloch and Adeoye started the spring game. Adeoye is a RS freshmen and pure MLB, he is not fast in any world. McCulloch moved from B Backer, he is not fast. Those are the 2 starters as of today. Caleb Johnson is a JUCO LB and he has speed. He was injured for spring. Solid speed, but now Malik or Gary Johnson speed. Gbenda is a true fresh. He has legit speed. Tillman is a solid athlete and a true freshman. That is the depth chart. McCulloch is the only one with even limited COllege snaps at ILB. How they perform is an enigma wrapped in a question. Texas has probably the best collection of Safety talent in the nation. You should pump that, not LB