• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An off topic/on topic question...

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I'm thinking about cutting the cable cord. Looking at the various streaming services, etc. Here's where it jumps back on topic.

What about football? I know the ESPN app streams football (that's how I kept up with Championship Saturday) but does anyone here use the ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC apps to stream CFB on a regular basis? Do any of you have any other suggestions? My cable bill is pushing $300 a month and I find that to be uber-ridiculous.

Thanks!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cut the cable cord....it's nice but I really wasn't a big TV viewer. My main thing I watch college football. As for TV/Movies Netflix is great.

But unfortunatly if something isn't on ABC, have to go somewhere to watch it. Which isn't as bad as it sounds, you get to go hang out with friends and watch a game.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I'm thinking about cutting the cable cord. Looking at the various streaming services, etc. Here's where it jumps back on topic.

What about football? I know the ESPN app streams football (that's how I kept up with Championship Saturday) but does anyone here use the ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC apps to stream CFB on a regular basis? Do any of you have any other suggestions? My cable bill is pushing $300 a month and I find that to be uber-ridiculous.

Thanks!

you must have ATT?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks!

We got sick of the big cable bill so we dumped all the HBO, Showtime, Starz,etc. crap. We found out there are upteen different movie channels with great movies on them for free. You have to watch some commercials but it's worth not forking over big bucks to the cable company anymore. We still have all the Fox stations, the ESPN stations, the NBC stations, etc. and the (absolute necessity) stuff like History, National Geographic, etc. We cut our bill in half. We are on Frontier. It was definitely worth it. And we can see all the games too.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks!
You only get the ESPN streams (ESPN3 stuff and the big games too) when you are a subscriber. Even then, you only get to stream the ESPN channels you have available to you in your plan. So you will have to get ESPN from some provider. I recommend these guys:
https://www.sling.com/package

For $20 you can get over 20 major cable channels including ESPN and ESPN2. The Sports Extra package gives you ESPNU, ESPN News, SEC Network, Buzzer Beater, Goal Line and Bases Loaded for $5 more a month.

Not to mention, if you get that for $25 you also get streaming on all devices.