• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An interesting dilemma for GB fans.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard orations from their fan base about how great it is for them to have ownership in the club. Now, the team is not playing well and in typical fan fashion many have called for most of the heads that call the shots for the team. Yet, who makes that call to off a GM, or an HC or anyone else with authority in the organization? How swiftly can it be done? Is it done by vote? I'm not trying to be an ass, I am curious how they can replace the bosses that need to go.
Of course with an owner if he is unhappy with the way things are going he can terminate virtually all positions of team leadership at a moments notice. Is that an advantage?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard orations from their fan base about how great it is for them to have ownership in the club. Now, the team is not playing well and in typical fan fashion many have called for most of the heads that call the shots for the team. Yet, who makes that call to off a GM, or an HC or anyone else with authority in the organization? How swiftly can it be done? Is it done by vote? I'm not trying to be an ass, I am curious how they can replace the bosses that need to go.
Of course with an owner if he is unhappy with the way things are going he can terminate virtually all positions of team leadership at a moments notice. Is that an advantage?
Public lynchings!!!

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
board of directors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mark murphy el presidente:suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have a no say ownership. It's a farce.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers Executive Committee has the final say on hiring and firing in Green Bay.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a no say ownership. It's a farce.
It isn't a farce as the Packers have one of the most consistent winning franchises in the NFL. They have gone to seven straight playoffs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a farce as the Packers have one of the most consistent winning franchises in the NFL. They have gone to seven straight playoffs.

I was referring to the ownership certificate they sell to people.

Reactions: GNG

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Murphy is the president and he can get rid of anyone he wants just like the president of any company.

he has been on some local talk radio shows and has been asked that question about making changes but he is not about to tell a radio audience what his thoughts are I am sure.

The Packers are no different than any other team it is just instead of the owner which makes the decision Murphy can can Thompson and McCarthy if he see's fit

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Murphy is the president and he can get rid of anyone he wants just like the president of any company.

he has been on some local talk radio shows and has been asked that question about making changes but he is not about to tell a radio audience what his thoughts are I am sure.

The Packers are no different than any other team it is just instead of the owner which makes the decision Murphy can can Thompson and McCarthy if he see's fit

Can anybody can Murphy? Such as most teams in the NFL have a president. Just for the Broncos since I know the FO they have Joe Ellis as president but he can be fired by the Owner (not at the current moment as the Owner has Alzheimer's disease and is not currently deemed fit to lead the team). Then below him is the VP/GM Elway who Ellis I don't think can fire as that would be an ownership decision. So ownership still has final say on the FO if they do not think the President is doing a good enough job.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anybody can Murphy? Such as most teams in the NFL have a president. Just for the Broncos since I know the FO they have Joe Ellis as president but he can be fired by the Owner (not at the current moment as the Owner has Alzheimer's disease and is not currently deemed fit to lead the team). Then below him is the VP/GM Elway who Ellis I don't think can fire as that would be an ownership decision. So ownership still has final say on the FO if they do not think the President is doing a good enough job.
yes the executive committee can ( 7 members elected by the board of directors) Only thing owner fans can do is vote on the board of directors plus they get no dividends As someone earlier said its a farce:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the executive committee can ( 7 members elected by the board of directors) Only thing owner fans can do is vote on the board of directors plus they get no dividends As someone earlier said its a farce:suds:
But, appointing the board of directors is something. It's how most things work. We vote for those that make the decisions because it's too onerous and inefficient to have everyone vote on everything. Of course when the Board appoints the executive committee and the executive committee approves who you are allowed to vote for, for the BOD it of course gets a little incestuous.

How much say do you feel you have in other stocks you own? You get a proxy in the mail once in a while and cast a vote that is basically meaningless and in this case they ensure that by limiting the number of shares you can own.

The real difference between other stocks though is exactly what you touched on; there is no way for the stock to increase in value, pay a dividend and buying and selling is different. So it's more ceremonial. Do they at least give you a certificate to hang on the wall??? How abut a Super Bowl ring:thumb:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, appointing the board of directors is something. It's how most things work. We vote for those that make the decisions because it's too onerous and inefficient to have everyone vote on everything. Of course when the Board appoints the executive committee and the executive committee approves who you are allowed to vote for, for the BOD it of course gets a little incestuous.

How much say do you feel you have in other stocks you own? You get a proxy in the mail once in a while and cast a vote that is basically meaningless and in this case they ensure that by limiting the number of shares you can own.

The real difference between other stocks though is exactly what you touched on; there is no way for the stock to increase in value, pay a dividend and buying and selling is different. So it's more ceremonial. Do they at least give you a certificate to hang on the wall??? How abut a Super Bowl ring:thumb:
well actually u can go to the yearly board meeting so thats something:suds: