• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An explanation of the calls by the refs in the Packer/Lion's game

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones dropping that TD pass, or the Lazard receiver slipping and having the ball go off his helmet for an INT are examples of Green Bay playing bad. The same way the Lions only scoring 3 points on each of the 3 Packers turnovers are examples of the Lions playing bad.

The point is that someone has to win the game and all mistakes factored in, the Lions had the lead and were playing better than the Packers. Doesn't mean they are the better team. But they were playing better than the Packers in that game. The officials swung things in the Packers favor with bad calls. That is a fact. That's why Lions fans are upset and they have a right to be.

I agree with all you said but for Lions fans to blame the loss in those 2 calls is insane because they are then forgetting the other 3/4 of the game where they did not take full advantage of opportunities in front of them.

Reactions: GNG

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all you said but for Lions fans to blame the loss in those 2 calls is insane because they are then forgetting the other 3/4 of the game where they did not take full advantage of opportunities in front of them.
When the Packers lost to the Seahawks because of the Fail Mary, did you say the same type of thing? The Packers gave up like 8 sacks in the first half of that game if I remember right.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Watch 46 seconds into the video. There is zero question that the ball didn't cross the line.
zero question? On a view that isn't even a side view. Sorry....50-50 at best.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions failed throughout the game and should have had the game wrapped up way before those final 2 calls:

Reasons for a Lions loss:

Packers kicking a field goal but 12 men on the field by the Lions gives a first down and Packers score a TD. A 4 point difference right there and last field goal would not have mattered.

Lions running game was paltry

Mr Stafford was 12 of 16 in passing and like 220 yards in the first half and second half was like 6 of 16 for about 60 yards so he failed in the second half.

3rd down efficiency was like 3 of 12 which is not all that good.

A positive 3 turnovers and only 5 field goals and a questionable TD to show for it.

Many reasons for the Lions loss that if improved upon would make these questionable calls not matter at all
They still played well enough to win if not for the poor officiating.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because the Packer kept it close it is justified for the refs to help them do what they couldn't do by themselves?

Its more like the Lions kept it close by not taking advantage of opportunities presented to them. Plus 3 in turnovers and only a few field goals and gifts given them by dropped wide open TD passes the Packers failed on. They needed to do better to win on the road and fialed

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero question? On a view that isn't even a side view. Sorry....50-50 at best.

I know you like counter-factual arguments but this isn't even close to 50-50.

His entire body is behind the line. Except his helmet.

But this argument is a good example of why refs can never win. Because fans see what they want to see. Even 20 years later.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Packers lost to the Seahawks because of the Fail Mary, did you say the same type of thing? The Packers gave up like 8 sacks in the first half of that game if I remember right.

Indeed I am not one to blame games on anyone part or play it as the game is 60 minutes long. In time or over the years shit evens out what goes around comes around

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still played well enough to win if not for the poor officiating.

Sometimes it may be best to play well enough to be able to cover your butt in the event that poor officiating occurs and there was plenty opportunity for the Lions to do that last night

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like counter-factual arguments but this isn't even close to 50-50.

His entire body is behind the line. Except his helmet.

But this argument is a good example of why refs can never win. Because fans see what they want to see. Even 20 years later.
Damn...my bad again. clearly you said NOT in but first time I read it was thinking you said clearly in. On that I'd say zero chance we could know.

Agree on not in and, yeah, probably a little better than 50-50....my guess is he didn't make it, but with no side view no way to be sure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a Bears fan so your opinion doesn't mean shit here.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it feel that your wife's team owns your team year after year? Must suck.
I take my hat off to them. The Packers have just outplayed the Cowboys for the past few years but I don't whine or cry about it. Jerry Jones has done a poor job of hiring a decent coaching staff.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take my hat off to them. The Packers have just outplayed the Cowboys for the past few years but I don't whine or cry about it. Jerry Jones has done a poor job of hiring a decent coaching staff.
Do you fall for the hype year after year? It always seems like the Cowboys are picked by many of the experts to contend and often times they don't even make the playoffs.

In Chicago, most people are down on the Bears. It's like the opposite. Even going into this year, people talking about how we were lucky with injuries and Trubisky sucks, the schedule is harder, etc. There is no getting your hopes up.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you fall for the hype year after year? It always seems like the Cowboys are picked by many of the experts to contend and often times they don't even make the playoffs.

In Chicago, most people are down on the Bears. It's like the opposite. Even going into this year, people talking about how we were lucky with injuries and Trubisky sucks, the schedule is harder, etc. There is no getting your hopes up.
Yes, the Cowboys are overhyped almost every year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakari sold both.

Officials got it dead wrong.

However, I don't 100% blame the officials( probably 30%). It is something my father thought me a while ago.

DON'T BLAME THE REFS IF YOU CAN'T STOP THEM.

One stop. That is all they needed.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakari sold both.

Officials got it dead wrong.

However, I don't 100% blame the officials( probably 30%). It is something my father thought me a while ago.

DON'T BLAME THE REFS IF YOU CAN'T STOP THEM.

One stop. That is all they needed.

Remember that stop the Lions got with 10 minutes to go? A 10 yard sack to force a punt? Oh wait, the refs negated that.

Ok, remember when the Lions forced a field goal with 1:36 left? Oh wait, that was negated too.

They got two stops to give themselves a chance in the 4th quarter.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that stop the Lions got with 10 minutes to go? A 10 yard sack to force a punt? Oh wait, the refs negated that.

Ok, remember when the Lions forced a field goal with 1:36 left? Oh wait, that was negated too.

They got two stops to give themselves a chance in the 4th quarter.

Not saying the Refs screwed the Lions.

The NFL admits they got the 2nd one wrong.

But....... everyone is doing the easy thing and blaming the refs instead of looking in the mirror and giving the Lions the blame.

Reminds me alot of something last year. Cant remember what it is????