• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Altered Carbon

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak 'Murican!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I lived in Texas, I thought Boomhauer was just a bit. In real life there's no subtitles to turn on.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I lived in Texas, I thought Boomhauer was just a bit. In real life there's no subtitles to turn on.
Until I got a blowjob, I thought those slurping noises in pron were just a bit. But they're real.

Just thought I'd mention.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I got a blowjob, I thought those slurping noises in pron were just a bit. But they're real.

Just thought I'd mention.

Gagging can be caused for various reasons, just saying.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is awesome but 6 episodes in I'm completely lost.

It's stylish and a decent murder mystery but shit. The main guy is a an ultimate revolutionary soldier but he's Asian and in the sleeve of a white guy. He's there because Elon Musk is immortal and bought him a new body because he wanted to find out who killed him. There is a cop whose boyfriend was framed and the main guy is in his body now and is drilling her. Plus there is an Asian guy who has the body of the main character but is invisible somehow.

Also the coolest person on the show is a hologram of Edgar Allan Poe who runs a hotel with machine gun turrets.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's about a dozen youtube videos that describe the basics. IE: stacks, sleeves, needlecasting, clones, etc.

The Asian guy is him in his original body. When you die, you can be 're-sleeved.' If you're rich, you can be put back into a clone of your own body. If you're just wealthy, you can buy upgraded sleeves with combat programming and all the bells and whistles. If you're poor, and the govt, wants to bring you back to find out, say who murdered you, you might get re-sleeved in a wrong sex junkie, or whatever they have lying around.

The books are highly recommended, at least by me. The original won the Phillip K. Dick award when it was released.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I enjoyed the show... oddly enough though, I didn't feel the story was very original, even if everything else was... thought they bought into too many scifi clichés...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to find my copy of the book.

Pretty sure there's one major plot divergence, but I'll have to re-read to be sure.

Art direction was fan-fucking tastic. Loved the AI/hotel dude.

The one downside (same is true of any dense source material I suppose) is that it was hard to unpack all the info hitting you. The social/political/religious intertwining has WAAAAY more time to play out in the book. You struggle to get it all straight as a TV viewer I think.

My other critique will depend on my re-read.

8/10.

I am only into episode 3, fell asleep watching so I need to go back a bit, but so far I like the AI guy as the best part.

I am not having a hard time with material per say but I do want more explained. Meth = rich. How they get the name Meth and so forth.

Last edited:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still about 4 episodes left but I'll say this:

I'm happy we got to see that Mexican chick's tits a few times, but I would have given up the titty shots in exchange for her not having so many lines of exposition. Especially all the stuff that was 5 minutes into the first episode. Rewound that part like 3 times because I had no clue what she was saying due to the accent. Ended up having to just Wikipedia that shit. Definitely glad I did. Helped with a bunch of stuff later on.

I always watch with the subtitles on. Too much can be missed as sometimes music gets too loud or they talk too soft at important parts.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's about a dozen youtube videos that describe the basics. IE: stacks, sleeves, needlecasting, clones, etc.

The Asian guy is him in his original body. When you die, you can be 're-sleeved.' If you're rich, you can be put back into a clone of your own body. If you're just wealthy, you can buy upgraded sleeves with combat programming and all the bells and whistles. If you're poor, and the govt, wants to bring you back to find out, say who murdered you, you might get re-sleeved in a wrong sex junkie, or whatever they have lying around.

The books are highly recommended, at least by me. The original won the Phillip K. Dick award when it was released.

So it got a Dick award?

:eek:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good show in my opinion. I also gave it an 8/10. This is coming from someone who never read the book. Twists that I didn't see coming, very good acting. Joel Kinnaman is just an amazing actor. Good action, good storylines. Just an overall good show. Some of the storytelling, I could of done without and I'm not gonna go into detail because it could be construed as a spoiler. But it's definitely one of the best shows on Netflix.

Also, nudity. Gotta love the nudity.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good thought the first few episodes were highly confusing until I figured out what was going on but I had no knowledge of the books and didnt know the concept of the show so that lead to the confusion.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only into episode 3, fell asleep watching so I need to go back a bit, but so far I like the AI guy as the best part.

I am not having a hard time with material per say but I do want more explained. Meth = rich. How they get the name Meth and so forth.

Meth = Methuselah. Who according to the bible lived something like 900 years.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started off real strong, then kinda went to shit IMO. The writing fell off once sister showed up.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started off real strong, then kinda went to shit IMO. The writing fell off once sister showed up.

Sister kinda tied the season together and was a truly unexpected twist.

Personally I thought the last couple of episodes worked. It like the writers realized they were over the heads of viewers like me and decided to dumb it down a little. It had a little spoonfed exposition but it was fine.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first couple of episodes it just goes all over the place.

It's like the director had a flight to catch rushed every scene.