• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon Jeffery, Coach speak & the Media?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for the board... Are you as upset with the Coaching staff and handling of injuries as the media is?
I get it... we're pissed that these guys are hurt. I understand that #1 pick Kevin White is now on the PUP list and will not be eligible to return until after week 6. I know that Ryan Mundy was simply injured and next thing we know he's lost for the season on IR.

My understanding is the media feels that the coaches are not being truthful with injuries and when they say "day-to-day" and it turns out that a guy needs surgery or is placed on IR...it bends them out of shape. I get that. BUT why so pissed? Honestly- What would change if the coaches said from day one that
"So-n-so will miss 4 weeks" or "it's likely that Player X will not play this season"

I just don't get the hatred? What good would come from a coach telling the absolute truth? Other then Fantasy or gambling lines- It doesn't matter. Either they play or they don't. It really doesn't change anything. Are they just pissed, because they can't report on it? Or feel they are reporting errors? Why do they seem so bent out of shape?

I know we, as fans, want to know what's going on with the team. But it's all hopes and dreams anyway. Some in the media are treating this like it's a mortal sin or something. Personally I don't really care. It would be nice to know, but at least I can hope out hope that K. White will play this year, Alshon and Eddie will be ready for opening day and all will be well. If not... we'll see them when they can play.

Coach Speak about injuries is common all over the NFL. Hell, Belicheck doesn't say anything. Does it have to do with our former coach being so weird? Or Lovie simply repeating himself, "Rex is our Quarterback" Do they feel they can't bully/toy with Fox like they did the other two? Fox is the first coach with previous Head Coaching experience we've seen in a LOOOONG time.

Thoughts? Are you pissed at Fox or just the fact that these guys are hurt? I just don't get it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

media is irrelevant. They speak for a lot of things that are deeply wrong. Think for yourself, on matters Bears and otherwise, and you won't be eating brain food at McDonald's if you do.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media is irrelevant. They speak for a lot of things that are deeply wrong. Think for yourself, on matters Bears and otherwise, and you won't be eating brain food at McDonald's if you do.
Ha... you do know your replying to the guy who still cheers for Jay Cutler right? I don't think I have a problem thinking for myself. ha. Cali, do you feel they are taking it a little too far? Do you get the sense they are overly pissed about the way the Bears are treating injuries?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey is not a #1. And the truth is going to hurt. He's a solid #2. Everyone believes he's a #1 because of all the spectacular catches he makes. He won't be doing that consistently as a #1. The genius has spoken.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for the board... Are you as upset with the Coaching staff and handling of injuries as the media is?
I get it... we're pissed that these guys are hurt. I understand that #1 pick Kevin White is now on the PUP list and will not be eligible to return until after week 6. I know that Ryan Mundy was simply injured and next thing we know he's lost for the season on IR.

My understanding is the media feels that the coaches are not being truthful with injuries and when they say "day-to-day" and it turns out that a guy needs surgery or is placed on IR...it bends them out of shape. I get that. BUT why so pissed? Honestly- What would change if the coaches said from day one that
"So-n-so will miss 4 weeks" or "it's likely that Player X will not play this season"

I just don't get the hatred? What good would come from a coach telling the absolute truth? Other then Fantasy or gambling lines and money from tickets and tv- It doesn't matter. Either they play or they don't. It really doesn't change anything. Are they just pissed, because they can't report on it? Or feel they are reporting errors? Why do they seem so bent out of shape?

I know we, as fans, want to know what's going on with the team. But it's all hopes and dreams anyway. Some in the media are treating this like it's a mortal sin or something. Personally I don't really care. It would be nice to know, but at least I can hope out hope that K. White will play this year, Alshon and Eddie will be ready for opening day and all will be well. If not... we'll see them when they can play.

Coach Speak about injuries is common all over the NFL. Hell, Belicheck doesn't say anything. Does it have to do with our former coach being so weird? Or Lovie simply repeating himself, "Rex is our Quarterback" Do they feel they can't bully/toy with Fox like they did the other two? Fox is the first coach with previous Head Coaching experience we've seen in a LOOOONG time.

Thoughts? Are you pissed at Fox or just the fact that these guys are hurt? I just don't get it.

I think you partially answered your own question.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey is not a #1. And the truth is going to hurt. He's a solid #2. Everyone believes he's a #1 because of all the spectacular catches he makes. He won't be doing that consistently as a #1. The genius has spoken.

You are fucking annoying.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am used to the Hockey injuries of above or below the waist.

Are you a season ticket holder Joey? I mean, I think people that pay 2500.00 licensing fees for their seats are entitled to know a little more, but I think todays fans are more worried about their fantasy football draft and getting screwed than needing to know every hangnail injury. I would be more worried about the medical staff than the coaching staff, they clearly mis diagnosed White, who knows how many more mistakes they are making.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Ha... you do know your replying to the guy who still cheers for Jay Cutler right? I don't think I have a problem thinking for myself. ha. Cali, do you feel they are taking it a little too far? Do you get the sense they are overly pissed about the way the Bears are treating injuries?

Yes.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you a season ticket holder Joey? I mean, I think people that pay 2500.00 licensing fees for their seats are entitled to know a little more, but I think todays fans are more worried about their fantasy football draft and getting screwed than needing to know every hangnail injury. I would be more worried about the medical staff than the coaching staff, they clearly mis diagnosed White, who knows how many more mistakes they are making.

Um... no, you're missing the point. I don't think they miss diagnosed anything. I think White's injury is prime example: A Stress fracture in the shin SHOULD be treated exactly how the Bears treated it. (*regardless if they knew or told us it was a stress fracture from the beginning) Rest, see if it heals itself...which can happen... if not, surgery could be needed. This is exactly what happened.
What I'm asking: As it seems to me- the media is making this out to be some type of LIE... "Look how awful the Bears are!! They are LYING TO US!!!"...."They said it was a day-to-day injury, and LOOK Now he's gonna be OUT FOR THE YEAR!!!" (*which still isn't true yet. I'm hoping he's coming back after week 6) TO me the bears don't need to be honest at all. It sucks, I wish we could know everything.

I was more upset when Trestman would say We had a GREAT week of practice...and then give up 50 points or say that he still respected Aaron Kromer after he was the rat faced dbag throwing his QB under the bus behind the scenes trying to save his own job. Or waay back with Dick Jauron saying- "That's not my show, but I'm on that show"

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... no, you're missing the point. I don't think they miss diagnosed anything. I think White's injury is prime example: A Stress fracture in the shin SHOULD be treated exactly how the Bears treated it. (*regardless if they knew or told us it was a stress fracture from the beginning) Rest, see if it heals itself...which can happen... if not, surgery could be needed. This is exactly what happened.

Umm, no, apparently you did not pay attention to them treating Whites injury as shin splints for two months They had him doing next to nothing because shin splints heal themselves. Stress fractures do not heal themselves. if they properly diagnosed it as a stress fracture, he could have had surgery months ago, not waiting for preseason to start. I thought at least that point got thru.

You are worried about how little they are saying and not listening to what they said.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone checked? Does Alshon still have both legs?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took me about 4 minutes to do this google search research about Stress Fractures. Please do some research before you comment. I did the work for you. All you need to do is read it. Education, it works!

Risk Factors, Signs and Symptoms, and *Differential Diagnosis of Common Stress Fractures

Activity: Running, walking, jumping, dancing (Kevin White)
Symptoms: Shin pain, focal tenderness over anterior aspect of tibia, edema (Kevin White)
*DD Of Common Stress Fractures: Medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints) (What Fox Said!)

The foundation of treatment for symptomatic stress injury is activity modification. To create an environment conducive to healing the stress injury, interrupting the cycle of repetitive overload is essential. For athletes, this typically results in time lost from competition and intensive training. For most stress fractures, the period of relative rest may be expected to last from 4-12 weeks. Factors influencing the duration of the activity restriction include the anatomic site of the stress injury, the extent of the stress injury, and the anticipated demands on the athlete upon return to play. During the period of restricted activity, the clinician should evaluate the athlete for modifiable risk factors that might have contributed to the development of the stress fracture.

Tibial stress fracture

The tibial shaft is the most common site of stress fractures. Unfortunately, shin pain is a frequent complaint among athletes and can result from a variety of causes, including tibial periostitis (ie, shin splints) and exertional compartment syndromes (a potentially serious condition). A careful history is helpful in distinguishing these entities. Pain that occurs early in the exercise program and then improves with ongoing activity suggests periostitis. Pain precipitated by exercise that worsens progressively with continued activity may herald a stress fracture.
Routine x-rays rarely show a stress-fracture injury. A bone scan or MRI is needed to confirm the diagnosis. A bone-density scan may be needed if concern for osteopenia exists.

This is EXACTLY what the BEARS said...and DID with Kevin White. STRESS FRACTURES CAN heal over time with proper REST and treatment. It would NOT be wise to have just jumped to surgery months ago.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont care if they are keeping anything from me by way of injuries.....i have more important things to worry about..

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I even bother? Smh

C

cubzzzfanincali

see Joey, you are learning what I just learned. I understand the meaning of AI's name finally. As in, if you try to engage him in a conversation, simply by doing so, you are just another idiot. It's a brilliant name now that I understand this. I.e. I'm another idiot, you are another idiot, etc.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I even bother? Smh

Its a simple fact they never once the injury a stress fracture before August Joey. Thats the whole point.

Anyway, why are there even injury reports in football?

Simple answer. Gambling.

It makes perfect sense in hockey, you want to protect your players, you do not want the opposition "targeting" a known injury. Football, a more violent sport, allows the competition to target your injuries, game plan for a quarterback with a gimp calf, game plan for no roll outs, its pretty simple, spreads for gambling.

Fans that want their team to disclose every single injury are worse than idiots, they are morons.

C

cubzzzfanincali

It is certainly true enough that public injury reports are purely about gambling. If injury info was not available to anyone, not only would certain insiders be advantaged, but more importantly from the leagues perspective there would be more opportunity for abuse of insider information and corruption. Laugh about this all you want, there is a point there.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali...I'm learning this lesson the hard way. I want to try one more time to get through to him...let's hope it get's through...it's doubtful, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

A.I.
1. I mentioned gambling and fantasy in OP. My focus and question to the board was about how the media was treating this. It felt a little over the top to me. That is all.
2. You still don't seem to understand that SHIN SPLINTS is a Differential Diagnosis of Common Stress Fractures- "differential diagnosis" means: the distinguishing of a particular disease or condition from others that present similar symptoms. Shin splints has the same or similar symptoms of stress fractures. THUS Fox wasn't wrong when he said, "he's got a shin...shin splints" ALSO the treatment IS the same. Whether the Bears knew it was a stress fracture or NOT is a moot point.
3. All your blustering confirms that you ALSO believe that FOX saying this is as bad as the media thinks.
That is all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there has been so many articles I've read, where journalists and radio personality's are COMPLETELY outraged by this.

The whole time I'm reading this outrage, I am just waiting for them to get to the part where the Bears did something terrible... And then it never comes...

For the life of me, I don't get it. Nobody cares except them. The Bears are only required to report on the injury, and to what part of the body. Per the White injury, they waited to report how severe it was, until they had double and triple checked with a variety of other doctors. What is wrong with that? They did nothing wrong, IMO.