• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All SportsHoopla All Hokie - TE

Who are the best VT Tight ends EVER..Choose 2.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely not a strong position for VT. Ok so the VT offense has always been simplistic and unimaginative and TEs have not been used much. BUT if they had an exceptionally talented one I think even our offensive coaches would not have kept him out of the offense.

That TE would have likely have been Logan Thomas. He would have had a Dwayne Allen, Jeremy Shockey type career at that position IMO. Obviously the coaches saw him being a great QB prospect and having a rifle and moved him..they made the right decision. There are only a handful of elite difference making, game breaking receiving TE's in college every year. The position is under appreciated and under utilized in almost every program. Exceptions are at places like Miami and a handful of other schools (UVA had some really good ones under Groh) where they recruit the best TE's consistently. These places also do a great job of developing oversized WR's into TE and having plays iun the book specifically for them..

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heath Miller was probably the best TE to ever come out of UVA and he was a converted QB. He was drafted in the first round by the Steelers in 2005.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is definitely not a strong position for VT. Ok so the VT offense has always been simplistic and unimaginative and TEs have not been used much. BUT if they had an exceptionally talented one I think even our offensive coaches would not have kept him out of the offense.

Thanks for weighing in, Debbie Downer.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
has the all SportsHoopla team selection process been put on hold?

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sam Wheelers knee wasnt destroyed, I dont know how much time Boone would of got at TE. When Sam went down he was the leading receiver on the team. This injury took a lot away from our O that season.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot all about wheeler, you are right, he was very good until his injury issues

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has the all SportsHoopla team selection process been put on hold?

Planned to get back on it soon hunz. Been busy with work and with a new baby. Hadn't really thought about it much to be honest with you. Which brings me to the question.... Anyone have some good proposals for interior/exterior linemen??? I can think of several right off the bat. Grove, Wang, Chung, DeChristopher, Brown, etc...