• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-ACC

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players among 1st/2nd/3rd teams:
FSU 7/6/4 (17 total)
Duke 4/3/4 (11 total)
Clemson 2/3/5 (10 total)
BC 3/1/4 (8 toal)
VT 0/4/3 (7 total)
Miami 2/2/1 (5 total)
UNC 4/1/0 (5 total)
Syracuse 0/1/3 (4 total)
Pitt 1/1/1 (3 total)
UVA 1/1/1 (3 total)
GT 1/1/0 (2 total)
Wake 1/1/0 (2 total)
Maryland and NC State had no players on any of the first 3 teams.

The numbers seem to be proportional to the teams record except for UVA. Also, did BC underachieve this year? What is most shocking is that Duke has 3 on the 1st team defense, while FSU and VT have 1 combined on the 1st team defense!?!?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a great defense overall. Doesn't mean we had guys who were superstars (although we did have a couple of guys who were close), which these individual honors are all about.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a great defense overall. Doesn't mean we had guys who were superstars (although we did have a couple of guys who were close), which these individual honors are all about.

You'd think that....but the ACC media is all sorts of fucked up.

How did Duke's defense suck so bad if they had 4 1st team players on it?

Jameis Winston wasn't the unanimous winner for Offensive Rookie of the Year -- you know, that guy who will probably win the Heisman. Who else would you even vote for??

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't the coaches put out their own All-ACC selections at some point? I'd trust their opinions more than the ACC media...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facyson and/or Kendall Fuller should have made first team, but I can see no other guys making it. Fuller did get defensive freshman of the year though.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Facyson, but even I wouldn't put him on the 1st team... 3rd seemed about right there.

I don't know enough about these guys on the other teams to say exactly where we might have deserved to be higher, but these are the ones that looked the oddest to me just knowing our guys:

- Are there really 3 better DTs than Hopkins?
- I know Kyle has been injured, but only 3rd team?
- I figured Jarrett would be 1st team, or at least 2nd... how on earth did he only get honorable mention?!?
- Collins didn't even get that honor...

but it is what it is. Something for fans to argue over. :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hopkins is the third best DT but could be second. Donald was a lock. His numbers are better than Suh's were and he will likely win the DL award (Nagurski?) Jernigan and Hopkins are very close IMO but Jernigan may have been a bit more disruptive in the games I saw. I did t see the Wake dude play this year.

KJ is twice the safety Harris is. Kendall probably should have been 1st team. Edwards is the most underrated player on our team and is a monster LB and should have been somewhere on the list, 2nd 3rd, HM.

IMO

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our defensive players are victims of their own combined success. Our defense is a machine. It's efficient, its powerful, its fast, and it has interchangeable parts. We rotated four corners, at least when they were healthy, as if they were all All-ACC. We rotated what felt like a thousands DLs.

A prime example is on the D-Line. VT is first in the ACC in run defense, first in total defense, and first in sacks. Teams couldn't run, and their quarterbacks got beat up. We had 6 players in the top 25 of the ACC in sacks. That is insane depth, and its impossible to compare our system of interchangeable parts to one built around individual players. How many times did Gayle, for example, have a sack in sight until a teammate or two got there first? Heck, if you didn't watch Tech regularly, you might have a hard time noticing whether the first or second wave line was in the game.