• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All 4 losses have come on opponents' final snap

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not grumpy at all. I'm hunkered down for a few more tough years. I was prepared for this the moment I heard Riley was hired. I had some semblance of hope in that he'd bring in a proven staff, but I didn't let those get too high. I was not surprised he'd give his longtime loyal staff the gravy. It's what coaches that put their personal lives over a program do.

Mark my words.... Riley will not fire Banker or anyone else for that matter. Eichorst will not fire Riley no matter how bad things get this year (nor should he), or next year, or the next. That would be admitting he made a mistake and AD's are generally too narcissistic for that.
Eichorst will have to be fired (ala Pederson) and the interim or new AD will have to do the dirty work.

This will be at least a 3 year event.
I expect a little improvement next season (1 or 2 wins) and that will be the Kool-Aid to give them year 3.

No extensions for anyone on this staff without a conference championship or play-off birth. Do not add $4+ million a year to the buy-out budget year after year like they did with HWSNBN and Bopleeny. The staff should have to earn what they're under contract to earn right now.
Save that money for a new staff.
I totally agree with this plorst ^^^

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can't fire a coach in this situation. No matter what.

It sets the program back even further. Kids create relationships with their coaches and fans don't understand that.

Our only choice is to let Riley have these next 4 years. If we shove him out the door right away the kids on the team and the prospective recruits will all lose focus on playing for Nebraska.

Bo Pelini got 2 too many years, and that is the main reason we are in the hole we're in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we can all bitch and moan and post stats and opinions, but not a cot damned thing is going to change because of it.

All that gives us is the ability to look back 4 years from now and say, "SEE?! I TOLD YA!!!"

If that gets you guys a nice hard on then go for it, but it's pretty lame for everyone else to have to read and listen to.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we can all bitch and moan and post stats and opinions, but not a cot damned thing is going to change because of it.

All that gives us is the ability to look back 4 years from now and say, "SEE?! I TOLD YA!!!"

If that gets you guys a nice hard on then go for it, but it's pretty lame for everyone else to have to read and listen to.
I always have a hard on --every mornin before I wake up
I believe it to be called mornin wood
and I am happy with that wood --it assures that I am still alive
its a good thaaaang

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always have a hard on --every mornin before I wake up
I believe it to be called mornin wood
and I am happy with that wood --it assures that I am still alive
its a good thaaaang

What it really tells you is that you drank too much the night before and now you really need to take a piss, sir.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

This doesn't apply to those pouring endless Kool-Aid as well?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can't fire a coach in this situation. No matter what.

It sets the program back even further. Kids create relationships with their coaches and fans don't understand that.

Our only choice is to let Riley have these next 4 years. If we shove him out the door right away the kids on the team and the prospective recruits will all lose focus on playing for Nebraska.

Bo Pelini got 2 too many years, and that is the main reason we are in the hole we're in.

Disagree with that. If Riley and Co are doing no better than (6-6)(7-5) records after 3 full regular seasons, it's time to go.
If Eichorst is not willing to swallow his pride and do the dirty, he needs to go first.

Personally, I will be calling for Riley's head if he is not at least (8-4) come December 2016.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

This doesn't apply to those pouring endless Kool-Aid as well?

You really think I care about being able to say I was right?

I just want the Huskers to win. That is all I care about.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with that. If Riley and Co are doing no better than (6-6)(7-5) records after 3 full regular seasons, it's time to go.
If Eichorst is not willing to swallow his pride and do the dirty, he needs to go first.

Personally, I will be calling for Riley's head if he is not at least (8-4) come December 2016.
LOL @ This !!
Riley did notyhing for the Beavers
did nothing for the Chargers
and they did nothing to retain the guy --mabey it was this
he is a nice guy

LMFAO !!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think I care about being able to say I was right?

I just want the Huskers to win. That is all I care about.

I most certainly do. Otherwise you wouldn't be so angry at the critics and made the statement. You saying 'they' want to be right, is actually you wanting to be right.

I was also referring to this part... "it's pretty lame for everyone else to have to read and listen to."

Constantly reading unrealistic expectations is "pretty lame" and one of the reasons many in the fan-base are up in arms right now. Riley is failing expectations that he himself created.
The unrealistic fans drank that Kool-Aid and poured even more of their own.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I most certainly do. Otherwise you wouldn't be so angry at the critics and made the statement. You saying 'they' want to be right, is actually you wanting to be right.

I was also referring to this part... "it's pretty lame for everyone else to have to read and listen to."

Constantly reading unrealistic expectations is "pretty lame" and one of the reasons many in the fan-base are up in arms right now. Riley is failing expectations that he himself created.
I agree with RA
all this bullshit Riley camp is nothing but na passifier to the Husker Nation

what needs ta happen is in all of our heads ---we just nice ta let it out

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um no disrespect even if the huskers get out of this rut in the future how do deal with Ohio st, the rise of the fighting harbough of michigan, michigan st, um the Huskers are screwd

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um no disrespect even if the huskers get out of this rut in the future how do deal with Ohio st, the rise of the fighting harbough of michigan, michigan st, um the Huskers are screwd

Screwed as bad as S. Carolina with Spurrier in the SEC?

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea Jim is gonna control the Big real soon
this is a fact

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't give an inch of one of my huge shits whether I end up being right or not. And you won't ever hear me bragging about being right, either.

I have one interest with College Football, and one interest only. That is Nebraska winning. It's all I care about.

Don't give a shit about Pickems, bets, you name it. I simply do that for some extra fun on the side.

Huskers. Huskers. Huskers.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one thing about Bopper.

What was his record when leading in the 4th quarter? 65-3 or something like that?

He knew how to get the guys motivated to make plays when it mattered. He just never made adjustments and probably didn't know how.
Or if we were going to lose we were getting blown out long before the fourth quarter.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. 3 years is enough time to know if we are moving in the right direction.