• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfie hits 20 again

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Alfredsson scored his 20th of the season tonight.

This is the 13th time in his career with 20 or more goals. Only 9 more to catch Mr. Hockey's record. :hail:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf Clap for Der Alfie.

Which broadcast are you watching Kenny?

I'm watching the Florida feed, and it is unbearable. It's like they are just broadcasting what's on the Jumbo Tron. I just sat through two minutes of fat women chugging coca-cola and trying to balance the cans on their edges.

aaaaand a Panther had a breakaway and the screen goes dead.

Fuck Florida.

Although now I understand the screen name "I Can't Watch"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats it all about?

Congrats to him, good player.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the Sens are back on track (God dammit)

This year the team seems to go as Spezza goes. If he's rolling then the team is rolling. If he's in a slump then the team is slumping. He's got 12 points in his last 4 games and they'be gotten 11 out of 12 points. The guy is seriously underrated at this point whereas in the past maybe he was overrated. It took some time but he's developed into a complete player that uses his size and reach now. He can just dominate games if he's on.

Congrats to Alfie too. At 39 he's still a difference maker.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought maybe he found the fountain of Yout.

Congrats Alfie nice accomplishment.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf Clap for Der Alfie.

Which broadcast are you watching Kenny?

I'm watching the Florida feed, and it is unbearable. It's like they are just broadcasting what's on the Jumbo Tron. I just sat through two minutes of fat women chugging coca-cola and trying to balance the cans on their edges.

aaaaand a Panther had a breakaway and the screen goes dead.

Fuck Florida.

Although now I understand the screen name "I Can't Watch"

LOL.

I was watching that feed too. It was the only one going (game wasn't televised anywhere :L). Maybe they make the footage so bad to try to hide all the empty seats. :help:

Didn't work.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you add Alfie's international accomplishments to his NHL stats, I definitely think it merits HOF consideration. It's not a slam dunk, mind you, but he's got to be in the mix.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you add Alfie's international accomplishments to his NHL stats, I definitely think it merits HOF consideration. It's not a slam dunk, mind you, but he's got to be in the mix.

He is in, no doubt. Maybe not first ballot, but clearly in.

Just hope his plaque hides the "C" :D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in, no doubt. Maybe not first ballot, but clearly in.

Just hope his plaque hides the "C" :D

I'm not sure he makes it in. If he plays one or two more full seasons at his current level (as a fitness freak it's not unlikely) he'll end with about 1200 points, which would help.

As Dash said, with his international record AND his importance to a franchise he might just make it.

Keep in mind how many voters are from the Toronto area though. That might wok against his chances.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think he'll get in too but it will take some time.

The guy has been so important to the franchise and he's put up consistent numbers throughout his career. He also has the gold medal and during that tournament, he was arguably Sweden's best player.

He has a lot going for him but he maybe doesn't have the hardware that others do. Now, I will say that I feel like he got ripped off on a few Selke trophies and he didn't even get nominated once when he definitely should have. If his team had shown up in the finals then maybe he would have a Conn Smythe as well.