• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alexander Ovechkin trade...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no clue what the magazine is.

It looks like a Washington Post Express - the condensed newspaper for Metro riders. Since the picture says WPsports or something like that, I'm guessing it's from the Post.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I doubt the theoretical possibility that OV could be traded, but surely the man has a no trade clause, right?

There is also the fact to consider that he has the highest average cap hit of any player currently in the game, so the buyer better have truck loads of cap space. I don't see this happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Capitals will not get fair value if they trade Ovechkin, so they shouldn't do it. His contract and recent years' performances will drive down the offer, and he still has wild potential. He's still a top-line winger, he's just not the top line winger like he was a few years ago.

But he could be.

Whoever the Capitals get back will not have that potential. And likely whoever they get back won't exceed Ovechkin's current production, if they even match it. And the Capitals would have to take on a bad contract in return in order to move him.

It just doesn't add up.

Ovechkin will be a Capital at least until his contract is up. And he should be.

Also, he should be on a line with Backstrom.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Capitals will not get fair value if they trade Ovechkin, so they shouldn't do it. His contract and recent years' performances will drive down the offer, and he still has wild potential. He's still a top-line winger, he's just not the top line winger like he was a few years ago.

But he could be.

Whoever the Capitals get back will not have that potential. And likely whoever they get back won't exceed Ovechkin's current production, if they even match it. And the Capitals would have to take on a bad contract in return in order to move him.

It just doesn't add up.

Ovechkin will be a Capital at least until his contract is up. And he should be.

Also, he should be on a line with Backstrom.

Trade him to Pittsburgh for Neal, Sutter, Depres & a 1st round pick.

I want to see how Ovi, Malkin & Crosby co-exist.:D:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize they would have to trade roster players to make the numbers work. I was just stating what their cap situation is.

the single most reason the trade would never ever happen for canucks is we dont have the pieces to give up to get that contract/player

whatever picks/prospects that are valuable to them which to us would probably decimate any future we have if we have any.

this deal is not getting done ever in Vancouver.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't get traded unless he demands it. Which if the Caps struggle for a few years, who knows, it might happen.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a trade happening, but certainly not this year. The cap needs to go up, not down, and the team needs to have a really bad year(s). Also, I agree, no team has the pieces AND space to do that.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a trade happening, but certainly not this year. The cap needs to go up, not down, and the team needs to have a really bad year(s). Also, I agree, no team has the pieces AND space to do that.

The Islanders do. Fortunately, they're going in a different direction.

If Ovi continues to have a problem producing the rumors will get louder.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders do. Fortunately, they're going in a different direction.

If Ovi continues to have a problem producing the rumors will get louder.

IMO the only teams that would be likely would be teams like isles (not necessarily the isles based on their history of not spending money on anyone).. teams that could use the spike in popularity/ticket sales

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the only teams that would be likely would be teams like isles (not necessarily the isles based on their history of not spending money on anyone).. teams that could use the spike in popularity/ticket sales

They have what Washington would want in return. They have the cap space. They don't have the want too. Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Garth saying Nino isn't going anywhere is a good thing. The core is getting better, with plenty of talent on the way.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have what Washington would want in return. They have the cap space. They don't have the want too. Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Garth saying Nino isn't going anywhere is a good thing. The core is getting better, with plenty of talent on the way.

ya i think that's wise too.. the isles seem to finally be headed in the right direction

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The reason I didn't consider the Isles was essentially that. Why would they want to sell the farm for him right now? They're young and improving.

Interesting fact, but one I could be misinterpreting, according to capgeek he has a NTC that kicks into effect on July 1st, 2014. One in which he can list 10 teams he'd veto a trade to, and he can modify that list every September thereafter. That puts a deadline of sorts on a deal too. I mean, guys can waive those, but still has an effect.

There's just a very limited core of teams that have what it takes to get him and would actually want to make such a significant move. To the teams that have the space: do you sell the farm? To the teams without: do you sell off big NHL talent to make space?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
BCWnUprCcAAro-z.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The reason I didn't consider the Isles was essentially that. Why would they want to sell the farm for him right now? They're young and improving.

Interesting fact, but one I could be misinterpreting, according to capgeek he has a NTC that kicks into effect on July 1st, 2014. One in which he can list 10 teams he'd veto a trade to, and he can modify that list every September thereafter. That puts a deadline of sorts on a deal too. I mean, guys can waive those, but still has an effect.

There's just a very limited core of teams that have what it takes to get him and would actually want to make such a significant move. To the teams that have the space: do you sell the farm? To the teams without: do you sell off big NHL talent to make space?

There are way to many hurdles for this to happen. He will be a Cap for at least a couple more years.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too young to move. If we were in the 2016-2017 season, it might be possible. They could even do a full rebuild around him if they wanted to.