• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Green/James Starks trade

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to trade Green but not sure we can get anything for him.

Right now be is behind Harris, Lacy, Franklin, Starks. As the 5th RB he just doesn't fit into the picture at all and likely will be cut if we can't trade him

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks and Green together are worth..uh... Man I don't even know.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this even news? Unless both Lacy and Franklin both flop something ridiculous, these guys should see no more than 7-8 combined snaps a game.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's news to Packer fans because of what Starks did for the Super Bowl run. And a lot of people thought Green had tremendous upside. A couple years later they're on their way out. We're just spit balling here.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks did OK during the SB run, but since then, he is mediocre at best and Green never really impressed me.....right now they both at best are decoys for the passing game IMO and extra bodies on the field. I know
DuJuan Harris finished in a flurry last season, but really, the jury is still out on him, until we have seen a full season. I am very hopeful for the two young guys.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green and Starks may not have been the problem at all. I guess well see now that Lacy will start. If Lacy can't do much either, then its time to face the fact that the Oline and play calling was the problem all along. I got Lacy on my FF team. I can't root for him but he was a good late pickup.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benson was getting yards. Not easy yards, but he was getting them. With this line, it'll never be a sure thing. But Starks runs with blinders on, so that doesn't help.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question how much they're worth too but both seem to understand the urgency here. From everything I've read, both have been playing better in camp FWIW.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be interested how running game looks next 2 preseason games. First game was not impressive and looked like Packers of old, but Lacy was out and OL is still figuring out who the 5 starters will be.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Franklin playing tomorrow? I'm curious to see how he does. I wasn't that high on him going into the draft, but I think we were able to give him the best opportunity to develop. We have 2 other solid RB's in Lacy and Harris and Franklin will get his touches. Until Lacy comes back, Starks can probably handle the load to some extent.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is that my mid-season our starter will be whomever is the healthiest between Harris and Lacy.....with Franklin supporting......just my gut feeling though.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both of those guys offer about zero in terms of trade value. One guy had a few good games, but remains injured or in the dog house with the coaching staff more often than he see's the field it seems. The other guy blew out his knee, came back and was less than impressive, though i was really pulling for him. I'm still pulling for him, but he hasn't shown much of anything beyond what you'll find cut from many other NFL rosters this year. To GB coaches he may have shown it, but in games?????? I don't know, it seems that last year he misread a lot of holes at times, and others, he just couldn't get to them before they closed a lot of other times.

Was that due to coming back too fast from his knee injury?? I don't know, haven't seen anything yet to show me otherwise, not sure how other teams would read our local paper camp reports and decide that suddenly the guy is someone to trade for???

We have guys at many other positions that are showing they belong in the NFL. I hardly think GB is going to keep all these RB's that don't really jump out as studs just because, and teams know this. They are going to cut some of them, no need to trade. and if GB doesn't cut them, which would surprise the hell out of me, there will be more than a few others available that can be had without giving up future draft picks.