• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ALABAMA VS JOHNNY FOOTBALL ------ !!!!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Here are four burning questions the top-ranked University of Alabama will answer in this week's big showdown at No. 6 Texas A&M:

Will the Crimson Tide be able to contain Johnny Football? Johnny Manziel, last year's Heisman Trophy winner, presents problems for any defense. He can run, he can pass and, perhaps most important, he can still make plays when defenders do everything right. He piled up more than 5,100 combined rushing and passing yards last season, accounting for 47 touchdowns, and did it against an SEC schedule. Alabama's defense looked great against Virginia Tech, but this will be a different sort of test.

2) How much will Alabama's offensive line improve in a two-week span? UA had breakdowns in assignments and got physically whipped at times in the opener against Virginia Tech. Some of that can be chalked up to the Hokies having a very good front seven on defense, and some of it can be explained by first-game mistakes for a unit with three new starters replacing linemen who are now in the National Football League. No matter how good the skill-position players are, no offense looks good if the blocking isn't there. Alabama will need to show massive improvement in this area to win this game.

3) Can Christion Jones do it again? All Jones did in the season opener was garner national-player-of-the-week honors for scoring on a punt return, a kickoff return and a reception against Virginia Tech. On a team with AJ McCarron, T.J. Yeldon and Amari Cooper, Jones was the most dangerous weapon on the field. Repeating that kind of electric performance is probably too much to ask, but Jones has shown he can be a game-changer - and a big play or two on special teams can make a difference in a game like this.

4) Is Alabama ready to play in a truly hostile environment? The Crimson Tide came through in the end last year in Baton Rouge, La., against LSU and quieted a raucous crowd two seasons ago at Florida, but Kyle Field may be an even tougher road venue. Texas A&M prides itself on its 12th Man contributions from the always-standing student section, and the stadium is said to actually sway under the weight of the noise from the crowd. Alabama needs to take control early to keep the fans out of it. "

I know this is already on the CFB board, but I thought I'd put one here too. Lets see the predictions guys....

I'm going 38-21 Alabama.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching replays yesterday and I will say this: Bama cant afford to fall behind 21 like they did last yr because this team is different and plus theyre on the road.