• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama OL Alphonse Taylor arrested for DUI

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they should be as extreme as DUI punishments, as lenient as texting/driving tickets, or somewhere in between?

Any unlawful practice that can kill or seriously injure others should be punished equally. I'm amazed at the number of people who think both of these laws do not apply to them. It's reckless disregard for the lives of others.
And, as I said, CFB players and other "important" athletes should be punished the same as Joe Public.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any unlawful practice that can kill or seriously injure others should be punished equally. I'm amazed at the number of people who think both of these laws do not apply to them. It's reckless disregard for the lives of others.
And, as I said, CFB players and other "important" athletes should be punished the same as Joe Public.
So should a texting/emailing while driving citation result in a 6-12 month license suspension, thousands in fines/court fees, classes, etc as well?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So should a texting/emailing while driving citation result in a 6-12 month license suspension, thousands in fines/court fees, classes, etc as well?

Yup, IMO. I'd bet that would pretty much end the practice, especially if it ended with a loss of license. I guess a lot of people should be happy I'm not a prosecuting attorney or judge.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, IMO. I'd bet that would pretty much end the practice, especially if it ended with a loss of license. I guess a lot of people should be happy I'm not a prosecuting attorney or judge.
Just another thing messed up about our judicial system. Someone with a .081 can have their life ruined but someone doing something that's been repeatedly proven to be exponentially more dangerous gets off with a fine.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not punish your kid (assuming you have one or will have one) because you're not sure if it will stop him from doing it again? Or do you punish that behavior because he made a bad choice and for that he needs to face repercussions? And if you have other kids they will see there are consequences. It's a DUI it's not murder or selling drugs so it's not like he should miss the season or anything but maybe a quarter a half something that makes him feel he let people down. These aren't typical students. They live for football and if you punish them without any actual consequences like their playing time they really won't learn anything other than if you're good at football you get away with things. People forget they play for a school. You're supposed to learn there.

So, I guess at USC the student athletes learned that if you steal enough money or pretend like you didn't really steal it, you won't be punished...or crime is ok, as long as it's not the icky blue collar kind.

For the record, I punished my kids for all sorts of reasons, often for things they did at school for which they received little or no administrative punishment. What I didn't do, was let people outside of my house dictate what should or shouldn't merit punishment or dictate what that punishment should be.

I leave that kind of thinking for the sheeple.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you couldn't possibly understand this but I have no issue with any player even star players from the team I root for getting suspended for doing stupid shit . In fact I'm glad when they are held accountable. That's the difference between you and me. I cringe if a USC player does stupid shit and isn't held accountable as do most of the USC fans I know. It doesn't mean we don't like to win games of course we do but not at all costs. Most of us realize it's the college we like and it has a football team. You just hear Alabama and think of the football team not the school. I know SC players do stupid shit too. But when I hear they will miss games for it I'm fine with it. It's if they didn;t get punished is when I'm uncomfortable. shit last year we had a player miss multiple games for lying. lol. You and fans like you don't give a shit what the players do and couldn't care less if the coach punishes them. Luckily for you ,your Tide have a coach who is a great football coach but one that doesn't give a shit about the players actions as long as he can keep them on the field.Which is why the players who do screw up at Alabama get "internal" punishment and ride alongs and don't miss a snap.
I know arguing about this with you is pointless but I do love to read your ridiculous excuses. Oh and I'm paying good money to go see the Bama USC game and I want to see both teams at full strength and a see a good game. As a consumer (with you its watching games on TV , you couldn't pick out Tuscaloosa on a map if your life depended on it) of Bama games against numerous home games (god forbid Bama plays an out of conference game at the other teams home field) against one legged trucking schools,That's probably another concept you are unfamiliar with.

I have no issue if Saban suspends this guy either. It's Saban's choice. That you believe he isn't going to be held accountable because it's not the punishment you want it to be just makes you stupid.

I didn't bother reading the rest of your post.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans have some Baylor level spin on these arrests, scary.

When Saban starts covering up crimes, I'll entertain the idea he's doing bad things.

There is a difference between corrective punishment and vengence. Most fans(especially from other teams) only want vengence, not corrective punishment. And they want only the type of punishments that could possibly result in hurting the football team/program - which makes their real motives extremely transparent.

Because the idea that @socaljim242 gives a fuck about Shank is ludicrous. He doesn't want corrective punishment that leads to this guy never making the mistake of drinking and driving, he wants to see damage done to Alabama. Fuck those kinds of people.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Saban starts covering up crimes, I'll entertain the idea he's doing bad things.
So is it working for Saban? How many football players in trouble with the law at Bama in the last four years?
There is a difference between corrective punishment and vengence. Most fans(especially from other teams) only want vengence, not corrective punishment. And they want only the type of punishments that could possibly result in hurting the football team/program - which makes their real motives extremely transparent.

Because the idea that @socaljim242 gives a fuck about Shank is ludicrous. He doesn't want corrective punishment that leads to this guy never making the mistake of drinking and driving, he wants to see damage done to Alabama. Fuck those kinds of people.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 down20. Is it working? Sabans way of taking care of it? How many Bama kids had to deal with police and courts in the past four years? Since his way is better it must be a tiny amount right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 down20. Is it working? Sabans way of taking care of it? How many Bama kids had to deal with police and courts in the past four years? Since his way is better it must be a tiny amount right?

Yes it's working.

Not all schools have the luxury of living in areas where getting popped for weed is unlikely to start with, and even if they were caught, would only result in a ticket rather than an arrest.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is suspended indefinitely? And this helps him to learn the error of his ways how? Seems to me the best way to approach this is by guiding him gently with a swift kick in his ass, counseling sessions, many hours of hard core meetings with people who have suffered at the hands of a D.D. and so on. This guy, while not fully escaping the wrath of Saban, is not going to have to deal with this situation the same as if he was in the program and having to work daily under Saban's eye to gain his spot back on the team. Sad how this needs to be about the young man and yet its about football to many in here...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is suspended indefinitely? And this helps him to learn the error of his ways how? Seems to me the best way to approach this is by guiding him gently with a swift kick in his ass, counseling sessions, many hours of hard core meetings with people who have suffered at the hands of a D.D. and so on. This guy, while not fully escaping the wrath of Saban, is not going to have to deal with this situation the same as if he was in the program and having to work daily under Saban's eye to gain his spot back on the team. Sad how this needs to be about the young man and yet its about football to many in here...

I'm guessing Saban will have a set of guidelines/goals he has to follow/accomplish before being reinstated. Seems to be the way these things usually go. I'm going to guess that will include much of what you mention.

But I guess according to many here, he will surely never get in trouble again now.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the correct answer is texting while driving is significantly more dangerous.
I don't know. Driving one of those drunk cars is difficult. Those sons of bitches just don't go where you want 'em to!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has got to be getting close to the start of the CFB season. We got UT/OU and tOSU/UM folks talking some good shit here.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you couldn't possibly understand this but I have no issue with any player even star players from the team I root for getting suspended for doing stupid shit . In fact I'm glad when they are held accountable. That's the difference between you and me. I cringe if a USC player does stupid shit and isn't held accountable as do most of the USC fans I know. It doesn't mean we don't like to win games of course we do but not at all costs. Most of us realize it's the college we like and it has a football team. You just hear Alabama and think of the football team not the school. I know SC players do stupid shit too. But when I hear they will miss games for it I'm fine with it. It's if they didn;t get punished is when I'm uncomfortable. shit last year we had a player miss multiple games for lying. lol. You and fans like you don't give a shit what the players do and couldn't care less if the coach punishes them. Luckily for you ,your Tide have a coach who is a great football coach but one that doesn't give a shit about the players actions as long as he can keep them on the field.Which is why the players who do screw up at Alabama get "internal" punishment and ride alongs and don't miss a snap.
I know arguing about this with you is pointless but I do love to read your ridiculous excuses. Oh and I'm paying good money to go see the Bama USC game and I want to see both teams at full strength and a see a good game. As a consumer (with you its watching games on TV , you couldn't pick out Tuscaloosa on a map if your life depended on it) of Bama games against numerous home games (god forbid Bama plays an out of conference game at the other teams home field) against one legged trucking schools,That's probably another concept you are unfamiliar with.

Well that and you've actually seen your team play in person.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this whole thread so you could ride 4down's ballsac again about this stupid shit.

You need to get a life man, your attachment to USC is no more valid in anybody's mind but yours.

Nobody gives a shit what you think about Alabama, the state, the school or the team.

Take your faux outrage elsewhere. Any supporter of a school where the AD bilked 2.4 million dollars out of a charity for educational scholarship and was allowed to resign doesn't get to lecture the rest of us about punishment or about the supposedly higher standard of morals at their school, what a joke.

GTFO with this. You fucking clowns are making excuses for your dumbass football players. Did you not read what he said? He wants the USC players to be held accountable. As I do with my alma mater. Take your bullshit elsewhere. No ones buying this southern crap.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I abhor drinking and driving, or any form of driving that involves not being fully aware of your surroundings and conscious of what is happening.

As for what a coach does to discipline the players, its my opinion that if you are interested in the player as a young man and how he grows up, stopping him from playing the game is the least of the punishments i would dole out. I would make him attend classes for alcohol abuse, teach him what drunk driving can cause, show him that life lessons are sometimes learned by loss of life due to stupid acts like he did to get into trouble. Afterall, its not about the game, its about the young man and his actions.

Frankly him missing a game is the equivalent of a slap on the wrist and in all honesty, for a player who is not a starter, like Taylor presently, this is not that big of a deal. Making him sit in classes, attend alcohol treatment and therapy sessions and showing him the consequences of DUI by making him meet with people who have lost loved ones due to acts of this nature might save his life one day. Whats more important? Making him miss a game or showing him the error of his judgement?

For all those thinking its about the game, grow the fuck up. Its about this young man and his inability to make good judgement calls.

So going by this theory here, jail time is more appropriate then missing a game? I mean wouldn't he learn more from the jail time??

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the guy that doesn't give a shit about what Alabama players do as long as they win. LOL