• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama OL Alphonse Taylor arrested for DUI

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh spare me the bullshit about scholarship players at a University. Do you think football players are the only people who get scholarships? Do you think the university punishes people on academic scholarships if they get a DUI?

But all a sudden, because they play football - well damn it, that school just cares about winning if they don't dish out horrible amounts of punishment?

Bullshit, you just want to see a team lose players for games. You want the team/school/fans to suffer and just use this bullshit as the reasons as to why.

If Saban feels he should be suspended, that's fine with me. If he thinks otherwise, that's fine with me as well. I have this weird thing where I let the coach who's paid $7 million dollars a year to handle these situations properly do his job.

If his behavior is bad for the team and the coaches feel additional punishment is required for correction, I'm cool with that. With his weight problems, and now this - maybe there is something additional that needs to be done, I don't know. But whatever is done, it should be done based on what's best for them, not what a bunch of cry baby fans from other teams think.

I don't think anyone should drink and drive and believe the justice system should be the ones who hand out stiff penalties for such actions. Loss of license for a bit, being forced to go to AA meetings or whatever it is they do, being forced to pay fines, being forced to do community service - that's where the real punishment should go. Because you know, it's not just football players who drive drunk.

Is USC in such bad shape that you have to hope any Alabama player who gets in trouble won't play in the game?

More bullshit from you. They are football players on scholarship. If they get arrested for a DUI then taking away actual football game time is the only punishment. What if he ran somoene over ? what then? he get's a ride along for two weeks? Anything else is your coach putting winning above actually holding them accountable. If they cheat in class guess what ? They should lose playing time. If they don't pass classes or skip classes they should miss playing time. And fuck yes even players for the school I root for. I dont give a shit who plays or doesn’t' play against USC I don't care if Alabama wins. It's your coach who doesn’t punish players. He's a joke of a coach when it comes to teaching these kids about consequences.

And the answer to your question about other scholership students-
"If the Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards Office finds
you are responsible for a serious academic or non-academic conduct
violation, resulting in your suspension or expulsion from the
University, your merit scholarship award will be revoked."

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bullshit from you. They are football players on scholarship. If they get arrested for a DUI then taking away actual football game time is the only punishment. What if he ran somoene over ? what then? he get's a ride along for two weeks? Anything else is your coach putting winning above actually holding them accountable. If they cheat in class guess what ? They should lose playing time. If they don't pass classes or skip classes they should miss playing time. And fuck yes even players for the school I root for. I dont give a shit who plays or doesn’t' play against USC I don't care if Alabama wins. It's your coach who doesn’t punish players. He's a joke of a coach when it comes to teaching these kids about consequences.

And the answer to your question about other scholership students-
"If the Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards Office finds
you are responsible for a serious academic or non-academic conduct
violation, resulting in your suspension or expulsion from the
University, your merit scholarship award will be revoked."

Just admit the truth - you want to see players suspended because it hurts teams you don't like it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should merit a larger suspension/punishment - DUI or texting while driving? Curious as to see the honest responses.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, people need to ask whether or not he will be fine with or without repercussions. If the only concern is how it affects the product on the field, you end up being Baylor or Penn State.
Me thinks there are numerous Baylors and Penn States. They just haven't surfaced yet.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admit the truth - you want to see players suspended because it hurts teams you don't like it.

I know you couldn't possibly understand this but I have no issue with any player even star players from the team I root for getting suspended for doing stupid shit . In fact I'm glad when they are held accountable. That's the difference between you and me. I cringe if a USC player does stupid shit and isn't held accountable as do most of the USC fans I know. It doesn't mean we don't like to win games of course we do but not at all costs. Most of us realize it's the college we like and it has a football team. You just hear Alabama and think of the football team not the school. I know SC players do stupid shit too. But when I hear they will miss games for it I'm fine with it. It's if they didn;t get punished is when I'm uncomfortable. shit last year we had a player miss multiple games for lying. lol. You and fans like you don't give a shit what the players do and couldn't care less if the coach punishes them. Luckily for you ,your Tide have a coach who is a great football coach but one that doesn't give a shit about the players actions as long as he can keep them on the field.Which is why the players who do screw up at Alabama get "internal" punishment and ride alongs and don't miss a snap.
I know arguing about this with you is pointless but I do love to read your ridiculous excuses. Oh and I'm paying good money to go see the Bama USC game and I want to see both teams at full strength and a see a good game. As a consumer (with you its watching games on TV , you couldn't pick out Tuscaloosa on a map if your life depended on it) of Bama games against numerous home games (god forbid Bama plays an out of conference game at the other teams home field) against one legged trucking schools,That's probably another concept you are unfamiliar with.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you couldn't possibly understand this but I have no issue with any player even star players from the team I root for getting suspended for doing stupid shit . In fact I'm glad when they are held accountable. That's the difference between you and me. I cringe if a USC player does stupid shit and isn't held accountable as do most of the USC fans I know. It doesn't mean we don't like to win games of course we do but not at all costs. Most of us realize it's the college we like and it has a football team. You just hear Alabama and think of the football team not the school. I know SC players do stupid shit too. But when I hear they will miss games for it I'm fine with it. It's if they didn;t get punished is when I'm uncomfortable. shit last year we had a player miss multiple games for lying. lol. You and fans like you don't give a shit what the players do and couldn't care less if the coach punishes them. Luckily for you ,your Tide have a coach who is a great football coach but one that doesn't give a shit about the players actions as long as he can keep them on the field.Which is why the players who do screw up at Alabama get "internal" punishment and ride alongs and don't miss a snap.
I know arguing about this with you is pointless but I do love to read your ridiculous excuses. Oh and I'm paying good money to go see the Bama USC game and I want to see both teams at full strength and a see a good game. As a consumer (with you its watching games on TV , you couldn't pick out Tuscaloosa on a map if your life depended on it) of Bama games against numerous home games (god forbid Bama plays an out of conference game at the other teams home field) against one legged trucking schools,That's probably another concept you are unfamiliar with.

Was this whole thread so you could ride 4down's ballsac again about this stupid shit.

You need to get a life man, your attachment to USC is no more valid in anybody's mind but yours.

Nobody gives a shit what you think about Alabama, the state, the school or the team.

Take your faux outrage elsewhere. Any supporter of a school where the AD bilked 2.4 million dollars out of a charity for educational scholarship and was allowed to resign doesn't get to lecture the rest of us about punishment or about the supposedly higher standard of morals at their school, what a joke.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I abhor drinking and driving, or any form of driving that involves not being fully aware of your surroundings and conscious of what is happening.

As for what a coach does to discipline the players, its my opinion that if you are interested in the player as a young man and how he grows up, stopping him from playing the game is the least of the punishments i would dole out. I would make him attend classes for alcohol abuse, teach him what drunk driving can cause, show him that life lessons are sometimes learned by loss of life due to stupid acts like he did to get into trouble. Afterall, its not about the game, its about the young man and his actions.

Frankly him missing a game is the equivalent of a slap on the wrist and in all honesty, for a player who is not a starter, like Taylor presently, this is not that big of a deal. Making him sit in classes, attend alcohol treatment and therapy sessions and showing him the consequences of DUI by making him meet with people who have lost loved ones due to acts of this nature might save his life one day. Whats more important? Making him miss a game or showing him the error of his judgement?

For all those thinking its about the game, grow the fuck up. Its about this young man and his inability to make good judgement calls.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this whole thread so you could ride 4down's ballsac again about this stupid shit.

You need to get a life man, your attachment to USC is no more valid in anybody's mind but yours.

Nobody gives a shit what you think about Alabama, the state, the school or the team.

Take your faux outrage elsewhere. Any supporter of a school where the AD bilked 2.4 million dollars out of a charity for educational scholarship and was allowed to resign doesn't get to lecture the rest of us about punishment or about the supposedly higher standard of morals at their school, what a joke.

Yeah, nothing to see here. Look over there. I made the thread jokingly pointing out possible punishments for this player. You want to start a thread about Pat go ahead I beleive there's one already.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people always scream for extra curricular punishments when kids get in trouble? Does the lead in the school play get suspended if they get a possession charge? Does the trombone player in the band miss a performance if they get a DUI? Why are athletes held to higher standards? I like razzing Bama as much as anyone but does missing a game make this kid less likely to reoffend? My guess is no.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should merit a larger suspension/punishment - DUI or texting while driving? Curious as to see the honest responses.

These offenses are equally bad and should receive equal punishment. Football players should receive the same punishment as Joe Public.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people always scream for extra curricular punishments when kids get in trouble? Does the lead in the school play get suspended if they get a possession charge? Does the trombone player in the band miss a performance if they get a DUI? Why are athletes held to higher standards? I like razzing Bama as much as anyone but does missing a game make this kid less likely to reoffend? My guess is no.

Do you not punish your kid (assuming you have one or will have one) because you're not sure if it will stop him from doing it again? Or do you punish that behavior because he made a bad choice and for that he needs to face repercussions? And if you have other kids they will see there are consequences. It's a DUI it's not murder or selling drugs so it's not like he should miss the season or anything but maybe a quarter a half something that makes him feel he let people down. These aren't typical students. They live for football and if you punish them without any actual consequences like their playing time they really won't learn anything other than if you're good at football you get away with things. People forget they play for a school. You're supposed to learn there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These offenses are equally bad and should receive equal punishment. Football players should receive the same punishment as Joe Public.
Do you think they should be as extreme as DUI punishments, as lenient as texting/driving tickets, or somewhere in between?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not punish your kid (assuming you have one or will have one) because you're not sure if it will stop him from doing it again? Or do you punish that behavior because he made a bad choice and for that he needs to face repercussions? And if you have other kids they will see there are consequences. It's a DUI it's not murder or selling drugs so it's not like he should miss the season or anything but maybe a quarter a half something that makes him feel he let people down. These aren't typical students. They live for football and if you punish them without any actual consequences like their playing time they really won't learn anything other than if you're good at football you get away with things. People forget they play for a school. You're supposed to learn there.
Sure punishment is important but the most important thing is to correct the behavior. You do that with education not punishment imo. I've got no problem with a suspension. What What I'm saying is that you can correct the behavior without one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure punishment is important but the most important thing is to correct the behavior. You do that with education not punishment imo. I've got no problem with a suspension. What What I'm saying is that you can correct the behavior without one.

I agree but if it's a DUI then classes are in order and counseling but if getting arrested for DUI isn't worthy of at least him losing the privilege of playing some then you're not teaching him anything other than football is more important than everything else and we will do the dance but we need this game so get out there. When my son was younger taking away his sports for that weekend was a big bargaining chip.