• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much travelling do you think SEC teams do with their 8 game conference schedule?

usa-map-region.gif

Why? You think you know a spot where this won't happen?

hi-res-256055890a7fbaca04a6aa980e48d049_crop_north.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you just telling me how a 9 game conference schedule would regionalize the game.

Probably going to regret taking the time to explain this, but here goes.

Despite geography being a big part of things, "Regions" are more than just geography. Conferences are kind of a "region" in the college football scape.

So think of each conference as being like a ball. Because that group of teams is always playing each other. Roughly 75% of the games those teams play are all in that ball.

OOC games are like links between these balls. Those links provide a rough way of comparing the 2 "balls". The more links you have betwen the conferences, the better it is to compare.

So when you add in more conference games, you keep things more regionalized and it makes it harder to compare the conferences accurately. What's needed is more links.

More links aren't needed in conference, it has plenty already.

If you want to add more P5 games, then add more OOC P5 games, not more conference games. Better variety and even if games aren't that far away geographically(It does cost money to travel) it helps nationalize the game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite geography being a big part of things, "Regions" are more than just geography. Conferences are kind of a "region" in the college football scape.

So think of each conference as being like a ball. Because that group of teams is always playing each other. Roughly 75% of the games those teams play are all in that ball.

OOC games are like links between these balls. Those links provide a rough way of comparing the 2 "balls". The more links you have betwen the conferences, the better it is to compare.

So when you add in more conference games, you keep things more regionalized and it makes it harder to compare the conferences accurately. What's needed is more links.

If you want to add more P5 games, then add more OOC P5 games, not more conference games. Better variety and even if games aren't that far away geographically(It does cost money to travel) it helps nationalize the game.
So why do PAC teams play more P5 opponents on average vs their SEC counterparts while travelling a fvk lot more than SEC teams. If anyone is regionalizing the game its the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do PAC teams play more P5 opponents on average vs their SEC counterparts while travelling a fvk lot more than SEC teams. If anyone is regionalizing the game its the SEC.

Because butthurt people are the only ones who thinks that is the competition.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet Bama plays Chattanooga more than Georgia .lol.
These photos of a few USC away OCC games. I know Bama fan has heard of them they just never really seen any. Regionalizing my arse.lol. 9 conference games , Notre Dame every season and still travel across time zones to play at other teams houses. It can be done. It's not all about being pussys and staying home for games against Mercer, Towsend, Southern Carolina, Chattanooga, FAU and Western Carolinas of the world.

fili-moala-of-the-usc-trojans-rushes-against-the-ohio-state-buckeyes-picture-id83106391

tailback-carnell-williams-of-the-auburn-tigers-looks-to-run-past-picture-id1369028

USC+v+Virginia+6oyXnSPPbDzx.jpg

damian-williams-of-the-usc-trojans-runs-after-a-catch-against-mike-picture-id95407345

65610301.jpg

Last edited:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These photos of a few USC away OCC games. I know Bama fan has heard of them they just never really seen any.

fili-moala-of-the-usc-trojans-rushes-against-the-ohio-state-buckeyes-picture-id83106391

tailback-carnell-williams-of-the-auburn-tigers-looks-to-run-past-picture-id1369028

damian-williams-of-the-usc-trojans-runs-after-a-catch-against-mike-picture-id95407345

65610301.jpg
Chattanooga gave Bama a better game in Tuscaloosa than USC did in Jerry World. :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chattanooga gave Bama a better game in Tuscaloosa than USC did in Jerry World. :noidea:

And yet USC was the highest ranked team Alabama beat in 2016. You forget the rest of the SEC also uses this pathetic scheduling template not just Alabama.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet USC was the highest ranked team Alabama beat in 2016

I know, seems like they would've been able to put at least as much of a fight as Chattanooga did. Life's funny sometimes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, seems like they would've been able to put at least as much of a fight as Chattanooga did. Life's funny sometimes.

It sure is. Gets funnier when the team travels to Ohio State or Syracuse or Boston college or Virginia or Notre Dame to play at those teams home stadiums .
Clemson lost to Pitt but Bama couldn't do the same. Funny huh

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure is. Gets funnier when the team travels to Ohio State or Syracuse or Boston college or Virginia or Notre Dame to play at those teams home stadiums .
:shocked:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's called traveling across the country to play OCC game at another teams house. Thats just a few . Since Bama has only done that a few times in over ten years I didn't want to pile on.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called traveling across the country to play OCC game at another teams house. Thats just a few . Since Bama has only done that a few times in over ten years I didn't want to pile on.
You seem to be under the impression that this something that I care about. I'd much rather see Bama play these big time teams to open up each season at a neutral site than travel to some shit school just appease the whiny fans of other teams. Money & exposure > triggered fans of other teams

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be under the impression that this something that I care about. I'd much rather see Bama play these big time teams to open up each season at a neutral site than travel to some shit school just appease the whiny fans of other teams. Money & exposure > triggered fans of other teams
Ohio State, Auburn, Arkansas , Notre dame shit schools? I tell you what, going to those stadiums were a blast . Going to Jerry World didnt feel like the same college atmosphere. I would have much rather gone to Tuscaloosa even getting blasted. Even going to Virgina and Boston college coming from the west coast was cool. Would I take a sure win over Azuza Pacific? No way. But maybe thats just me. I'd rather a chance that team is decent that year than just one OOC neutral game then cream puffs at home. There's 25-30 year old fans of Alabama who probably have never gone to a true OCC away game .

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty obvious that the SEC hates college football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These photos of a few USC away OCC games. I know Bama fan has heard of them they just never really seen any. Regionalizing my arse.lol. 9 conference games , Notre Dame every season and still travel across time zones to play at other teams houses. It can be done. It's not all about being pussys and staying home for games against Mercer, Towsend, Southern Carolina, Chattanooga, FAU and Western Carolinas of the world.

65610301.jpg

I don't really care where USC goes.

We played you and you sucked. I can see why you want to talk about other games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care where USC goes.

We played you and you sucked.

You didn't play moron and neither did I. But I actually went to the game. You sit on your couch never have seen them play in person. Wouldn't trade actually going to games for being a couch fan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you're a bunch of punk bitches who can't hang.

You Know USC has a winning record over the SEC right? Of course you dont.
So better than being an ignorant punk bitch.