• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama and Ohio State agree to deal

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team sucks, your history sucks, your players all suck, your current coach sucks, your OCC sucks, McKay sucks, Cali sucks, your surf sucks, your pot sucks...

still would buy ya beer someday tho.
:whistle:

:laugh3::suds:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the matchup, too bad it's scheduled so damn far away.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances both Nick Saban and Urban Meyer are dead by this time?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was raised by a cfb team to expect winning all the time and like cfb for the same reasons as you. I like seeing USC play solid OOC schedules, travelling to different parts of the country and having their fans travel here. I enjoy learning about the traditions etc. of other programs and seeing them introduced to ours. This is part of what makes cfb so cool, imo.

Oh, I totally and absolutely agree with you on that part. But I think it fucking sucks when I see Texas travel for OOC games against some decent to quality opponents and other teams don't. Shit, for the next 7 years we go to USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, BYU, Cal, Maryland..........Anyway, kudos to Bama and tOSU for making the effort.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I totally and absolutely agree with you on that part. But I think it fucking sucks when I see Texas travel for OOC games against some decent to quality opponents and other teams don't. Shit, for the next 7 years we go to USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, BYU, Cal, Maryland..........Anyway, kudos to Bama and tOSU for making the effort.

and I get your point Exes... totally get it. All scheduling is not equal. But with that, if the Ducks ever were fortunate enough to win it all I would want to have done it with a schedule that is typical of the program.

Not 4 cupcake ooc, a bye before our toughest opponent annually, and directional state U before our rivalry game.

As a Texas fan could you imagine playing an fcs school and attending that game in November?!?!?! To me I take the way the Ducks have always done things and no Nattys over that crap. It would drive me crazy.

Just my opinion. I know I am probably a weirdo with that minority opinion. One NATTY would probably be nice, but at what cost considering I love each season just the same. If it happens with the way Oregon and the PAC do things great, of not... oh well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I get your point Exes... totally get it. All scheduling is not equal. But with that, if the Ducks ever were fortunate enough to win it all I would want to have done it with a schedule that is typical of the program.

Not 4 cupcake ooc, a bye before our toughest opponent annually, and directional state U before our rivalry game.

As a Texas fan could you imagine playing an fcs school and attending that game in November?!?!?! To me I take the way the Ducks have always done things and no Nattys over that crap. It would drive me crazy.

Just my opinion. I know I am probably a weirdo with that minority opinion. One NATTY would probably be nice, but at what cost considering I love each season just the same. If it happens with the way Oregon and the PAC do things great, of not... oh well.

While I do like to use OOC scheduling for the smack talk opportunities, I really don't care how other teams schedule. I like how USC does it and the cool opportunities it gives to meet fans from other programs.

I think that schools that schedule 3-4 cupcakes so that they can have 7-8 home games every season are doing their fans a disservice, but if that's what they want to do and their fans are good with that, oh well, that's on them.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do like to use OOC scheduling for the smack talk opportunities, I really don't care how other teams schedule. I like how USC does it and the cool opportunities it gives to meet fans from other programs.

I think that schools that schedule 3-4 cupcakes so that they can have 7-8 home games every season are doing their fans a disservice, but if that's what they want to do and their fans are good with that, oh well, that's on them.

I feel the same. The thought of going to Autzen in November to watch Oregon play Sacramento State makes me want to vomit.

It makes me wonder about how many of the people that argue for this type of scheduling trying to justify it actually have season tix or even attend any of the games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same. The thought of going to Autzen in November to watch Oregon play Sacramento State makes me want to vomit.

It makes me wonder about how many of the people that argue for this type of scheduling trying to justify it actually have season tix or even attend any of the games.

Good question. It would be interesting to see the response.

As I've shared before, my son and I typically make a couple of games per year and we always make a full day of it. One of the things we like to do is go by the Tommy Trojan statue and Heritage Hall and talk to some of the fans of the opposing team who always congregate in those 2 spots. We've met some pretty cool folks doing that.

With your tailgates, I'd imagine you've invited opposing fans to join your group a few times.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. It would be interesting to see the response.

As I've shared before, my son and I typically make a couple of games per year and we always make a full day of it. One of the things we like to do is go by the Tommy Trojan statue and Heritage Hall and talk to some of the fans of the opposing team who always congregate in those 2 spots. We've met some pretty cool folks doing that.

With your tailgates, I'd imagine you've invited opposing fans to join your group a few times.

Yep, Mamba has invited the enemy into his lair, I can't imagine a clown dressed in orange coming out alive down there.
:yahoo:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not one to argue for this type of scheduling really, I hate FCS games and wish they'd go away.

But I don't have season tickets or attend those games. But I do watch them on TV and it's not all bad. I can tell you the arguments.

Gives me a chance to see the players who aren't 1st string to see how they are progressing, get a better view of the depth chart in general.

These kinds of games are also good for the people who are the opposite of your question. The people who don't have season tickets and can't afford to attend the games. Because they are often the only tickets they can actually afford as the other games sellout quick and go for crazy prices, while you can get tickets pretty cheap for these types of games. Not everyone has the money to afford trips to the stadium every weekend.

I'm sure someone will mention the benefit for the other and why they take such games, but I don't give a shit about that really. I suppose it should be mentioned since it's true.

And even if it wasn't FCS it would likely be some other cupcake game. Easy win is easy win for the most part.

There you go.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Mamba has invited the enemy into his lair, I can't imagine a clown dressed in orange coming out alive down there.
:yahoo:

every game no matter the team, we are gracious hosts to our visiting fans. That makes up a huge part of my entire tailgating crew's M.O.

We really look forward to the OOC visitors. They have traveled a long ways and paid a lot of money. I feel that it is my duty as a long time Duck tailgater to be as gracious and as kind as possible to the opposing teams fans. I try to send them back to where they came with good stories about Oregon Duck fans. We have done a very good job of that if I say so myself.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it is difficult to be gracious and kind to Huskies. But not always.

Beavs sometimes just straight up wont allow us to be nice... Not a joke...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Can't wait to have Nebraska fans invade Autzen by the thousands.... That will be epic.

And when we go down there, I will just say I can not wait to experience Lincoln on a Saturday.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
April fools is on the 2nd now?

And I don't know who your sources are, but they suck. The games are scheduled for 2033 and 2034. I guess you need to exaggerate the dates to make your hate more justified.

We've rounded up a pretty good class for 2033. We'll whip your butt.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

2011 – LSU @ Dallas, Nevada @ home, Missouri St @ home

2012 – Arkansas St, Fresno St and Tennessee Tech all @ home

2013 -Nicholls St. @ home, UVA away and Tenn @ home

Impressive, kudos to Oregon for their big pimpin' 'typical of the program' ways, lol.