• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ainge & West say not so great a draft ahead?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's going on here with Danny and jerry . They both are now going counter to others and suggesting these lottery players are not ready like the Kevin and Lebrons were .

I dont follow college enough to have a justified opinion. Who out there does? Eager to hear opinions.

Thanks

LM

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have Emblid, wiggins, Parker, randle, smart, ennis or Gary Harris on the bulls next yr. we won't sniff any of them though

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is far fetched to say that some of these top draft picks aren't NBA ready. I think that is more their point than these guys are no good. You just can't expect a quick turnaround for your franchise right away. That seems obvious. These guys will still need plenty of development when they are pros.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so these draft picks are not as NBA ready as LBJ and KD...?

Please pick 2 of the most dominant rookies to come into the league in the last 30 years and act like they are the average.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft will be good, but probably not as good as it was advertised to be about 5 months ago.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think where I am most curious is the 15 to 17 spot. Celtics draft at that spot as well this year. McDermott, Aaron Gordan or Rodney Hood could be around and it seems like these guys are not complete but certainly solid guys who can score from perimeter/create their own shot.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is deeper as a whole with talent, than any recent draft in memory. The top of the draft may not be as star laden as originally thought, but those guys are definitely high end prospects. The middle of the draft(picks 7-20) is where this year's draft separates it's self from other drafts.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're stupid
Or they're trying to mute the demand for tanking the season.

Having the bad season the Celtics knew all along they were going to have is not tanking by my definition.

Tanking to me involves a shared belief by the FO, coaches and veterans that getting a lottery pick is more important than winning as often as possible THIS year and making the playoffs if possible.

I would prefer getting our new players some post-season experience to getting a lottery pick.

If we exit after a single round I could live with that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West phoned up Phillys GM back in 1996 to tell him Kobe wasn't 'NBA ready' and worthy of being a top 15 pick.

Then he trades Divac to Charlotte for their pick and nabs Kobe up himself....

sound familiar...?

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers ain't buying it. Tanking still in full effect.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West phoned up Phillys GM back in 1996 to tell him Kobe wasn't 'NBA ready' and worthy of being a top 15 pick.

Then he trades Divac to Charlotte for their pick and nabs Kobe up himself....

sound familiar...?

It's a scheme to buy a draft pick of his own!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what Ainge is up to (probably trying to downplay it to get his guy) but I heard all of West's interview on SVP & Russillo. As much as I like and respect West, he's basically ventured off into grumpy old man land where all his comments were "back in my day it was better!" without having any justification. He's wrong about this draft. What do all drafts have in common? They are based on potential. And this one is loaded with potential. There are between 3 and 4 prospects with multi-year All Star potential. Beyond that, 2 or 3 that could make an AS game or two, and beyond that maybe 5 to 8 guys that can be quality starters/role players for years to come. That is a loaded draft. It's foolish to say there's no Lebron or no KD because when people say that, they are thinking about what those guys are right now. Of course no kid is as good as the best players in the world. Go back to just before their drafts, Lebron wasn't "Lebron", KD wasn't "KD", Kobe wasn't "Kobe", etc etc. But they did have that potential. We have that this year. Only time will tell if any of them live up to it but its wrong to say its not a good draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they're trying to mute the demand for tanking the season.

Having the bad season the Celtics knew all along they were going to have is not tanking by my definition.

Tanking to me involves a shared belief by the FO, coaches and veterans that getting a lottery pick is more important than winning as often as possible THIS year and making the playoffs if possible.

I would prefer getting our new players some post-season experience to getting a lottery pick.

If we exit after a single round I could live with that.
You should be really mad with how Boston handled the season then. Courtney Lee certainly could have helped you get to the playoffs

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen of the players they did get and the new coach.

I knew before the season started it was going to be a sub-.500 season. But it does look to me like this rebuilding process will be shorter than usual. So I'm not mad at all.

If Ainge had traded Rondo when many C's fans wanted him to then I would have been mad.