• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahh Ottawa - your not getting it. - Anderson signed for 4 years

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is murrays second long term deal signing in the past couple weeks ... makes you think he might stay around

Murray has a good eye for young talent but I don't want him doing the re-build. He's 68 years old. Honestly if all goes well this team can compete for the Cup in 4-7 years. He'll be well into his seventies by then. Let him run perhaps this draft and then phase in a new brain to follow this rebuilding through.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
this is murrays second long term deal signing in the past couple weeks ... makes you think he might stay around

that's the only thing that jumps out as odd about the deal for me.
for the terms itself, I look at it as: they get a 20ish game headstart on a pretty good UFA goalie.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it's a good signing. For a starting goaltender the cap hit is very reasonable, especially for a guy that has shown he can carry a team on his back. It also allows them to focus on other areas of the team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has a good eye for young talent but I don't want him doing the re-build. He's 68 years old. Honestly if all goes well this team can compete for the Cup in 4-7 years. He'll be well into his seventies by then. Let him run perhaps this draft and then phase in a new brain to follow this rebuilding through.

Yeah, no doubt.

And two years ago would have been the perfect time to hire Yzerman.... :)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no doubt.

And two years ago would have been the perfect time to hire Yzerman.... :)

Yzerman is still a big ?. He made a good team Canada, but I could have done the same.

We'll see how the nitty-gritty turns out in TB. I personally would have loved to see him as the Sens GM. A little part of me thinks that maybe my heart was speaking louder than my brain.

Only time will tell. The Sens need a young (relatively) guy who has been a talent evaluator since day one, IMO.