• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After 7 weeks...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL humming along nicely, particularly with 2 rookies starting and injuries not derailing things like we've seen in the past.

Can someone please explain that ridiculous false start yesterday that seemed like it should have been off side on LAC?? I couldn't hear the announcers discuss.

The best that the announcers, including Blandino, could come up with is that maybe the LG might have flinched.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL humming along nicely, particularly with 2 rookies starting and injuries not derailing things like we've seen in the past.

Can someone please explain that ridiculous false start yesterday that seemed like it should have been off side on LAC?? I couldn't hear the announcers discuss.
I think I know what false start you're talking about. That was straight up bullshit. They claimed the center moved his head before the snap and that was the reason for the call IIRC

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know what false start you're talking about. That was straight up bullshit. They claimed the center moved his head before the snap and that was the reason for the call IIRC
Based on the reaction of the center, that had to have been it. Pushed us back to 3rd & 10 and thought killed the drive, but on the next play Geno threw a strike to TL to move the chains. One of the most important plays of the game.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the reaction of the center, that had to have been it. Pushed us back to 3rd & 10 and thought killed the drive, but on the next play Geno threw a strike to TL to move the chains. One of the most important plays of the game.
yeah, it's wild how good Geno was in clutch spots yesterday. Last season it seemed that our offense could never stay on the field, and it was constant three-and-outs. Now we're humming right along. It seems as though Russ was the one holding this team back.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's wild how good Geno was in clutch spots yesterday. Last season it seemed that our offense could never stay on the field, and it was constant three-and-outs. Now we're humming right along. It seems as though Russ was the one holding this team back.
Yeah, I don't know about all that. RW had a really good season in '21, especially if you throw out the 2 games he played after injury where it was fairly obvious he wasn't quite ready to be out there. In the last 6 games of the season you have your usual Rams clunker in there (10 points) but elsewise 24 was the lowest scoring output. Penny was gashing teams, and Russell finished with a 103 passer rating & 25 TDs to only 6 INTs, and that is counting the injury recovery games. It is cool to see how the team is responding to such a big franchise shift, but we shouldn't pretend like we had some bum under center before this year.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know about all that. RW had a really good season in '21, especially if you throw out the 2 games he played after injury where it was fairly obvious he wasn't quite ready to be out there. In the last 6 games of the season you have your usual Rams clunker in there (10 points) but elsewise 24 was the lowest scoring output. Penny was gashing teams, and Russell finished with a 103 passer rating & 25 TDs to only 6 INTs, and that is counting the injury recovery games. It is cool to see how the team is responding to such a big franchise shift, but we shouldn't pretend like we had some bum under center before this year.
Don't get me wrong, I love what Russ did for us, but last year was rough. We had the lowest time of possession and it wasn't even close to the second worst in the league. Way too many three and outs. We aren't seeing that this year. Our OLine is definitely performing better than last year, but our QB play is also better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW had a really good season in '21,
Lets look at his stats:

Stats RW.png

Completion percentage was down, yardage was down over a thousand yards, TDs dropped from 40 to 25, QBR dropped to 60.6. Not showing above but his rushing yards dropped from 513 to 183. No he didn't have a good 2021 season.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed to LET PETE COOK all along

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at his stats:

View attachment 312131

Completion percentage was down, yardage was down over a thousand yards, TDs dropped from 40 to 25, QBR dropped to 60.6. Not showing above but his rushing yards dropped from 513 to 183. No he didn't have a good 2021 season.
Well of course volume stats were down because he missed multiple games. When he was out there, he played well overall. Once again, especially if you look at those games he was fully healthy. His efficiency numbers were right there with career averages, and even better in some cases. Don't confuse playing well with playing perfect. I didn't assert the latter.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I love what Russ did for us, but last year was rough. We had the lowest time of possession and it wasn't even close to the second worst in the league. Way too many three and outs. We aren't seeing that this year. Our OLine is definitely performing better than last year, but our QB play is also better.
Fewer 3 & outs is a good thing. Geno's style may make things a bit easier on the line, but I am not the foremost expert there. I suppose I have to agree that objectively speaking QB play is better now than last year mainly because it's been more less measurably the best in the league in many aspects. Can it continue? Well, we all sure hope so. I would still bet that Geno doesn't finish in the top 3 in the league in passer rating, but it would be one of the big stories across the whole league if he did.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at his stats:

View attachment 312131

Interesting that you put up an argument that doesn't address what he actually said. Outside the injury (3 missed games and 2 he should've sat out for) he was having a good year. 67.4 % 2745 yards 25 TDs 4 INT 112.4 QB rating in the 12 games he was "healthy" is a solid stat line. It's not his best, but it's not like last year was a travesty (outside injury). There was plenty to criticize Wilson for last year, from taking unnecessary sacks to always wanting the long ball (a problem he's had for years) but when healthy he actually was playing at a higher level than he had since early 2020.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you put up an argument that doesn't address what he actually said. Outside the injury (3 missed games and 2 he should've sat out for) he was having a good year. 67.4 % 2745 yards 25 TDs 4 INT 112.4 QB rating in the 12 games he was "healthy" is a solid stat line. It's not his best, but it's not like last year was a travesty (outside injury). There was plenty to criticize Wilson for last year, from taking unnecessary sacks to always wanting the long ball (a problem he's had for years) but when healthy he actually was playing at a higher level than he had since early 2020.
Nope he didn't have a good season. He had a few big games that inflated his stats and he had a stretch of bad games. Here let me show you:

four games.png

Hope you can make out the numbers. He started with 3 games that were decent to great, then he had the games above and those are not good.

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awful against the bears too. I got front row seats that game because of the snow and got to see it close up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he didn't have a good season. He had a few big games that inflated his stats and he had a stretch of bad games. Here let me show you:

View attachment 312153

Hope you can make out the numbers. He started with 3 games that were decent to great, then he had the games above and those are not good.

In avoiding a tedious debate about how to read numbers, I'll say my biggest criticism on RW over the years is he just never figured out how to play well against the Rams to any degree of consistency. For as good as Russ was for as long as he did it in Seattle, there's just no way 1 team should be able to totally derail him almost every time. The coaches have to own some of that, but Russell just never cracked the code vs the Rams.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awful against the bears too. I got front row seats that game because of the snow and got to see it close up.

Front row seat you can't see shit so don't know what you were watching lol. been there done that now i know why those are cheaper than a section up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front row seat you can't see shit so don't know what you were watching lol. been there done that now i know why those are cheaper than a section up.

My seats are 300 level but we were able to sit pretty close to mid field on the lower concourse. So not literally front row.

Attachments

• 20211226_135351.jpg
    20211226_135351.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 4

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My seats are 300 level but we were able to sit pretty close to mid field on the lower concourse. So not literally front row.
you are much higher there than front row. I like to sit a little higher than that but not much but I refuse to sit front row. The 200 level is perfect for me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I think hasn't been addressed as much as it should is how different Pete has been this year as a coach. He seems to be be singularly focused on proving his doubters wrong.

He has been MUCH more aggressive on offense. More early down passing. Going for it on 4th down FAR more often. Fewer decisions to eat the football. On defense he has shown an adaptability than he hasn't shown in years.

So I have to give him credit for changing regardless of his reasons for doing so.