• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After 7 weeks...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Geno plays the position better than Wilson ever did. I dont mean he is a better QB, he just does all the things a QB is supposed to do. He checks it down when he has to, he gets rid of the ball on time when he is supposed to, he makes better adjustments.

Meanwhile, Wilson is still leading his team to rashes of 3 and outs mixed in with backyard football fueled TD drives.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I think hasn't been addressed as much as it should is how different Pete has been this year as a coach. He seems to be be singularly focused on proving his doubters wrong.

He has been MUCH more aggressive on offense. More early down passing. Going for it on 4th down FAR more often. Fewer decisions to eat the football. On defense he has shown an adaptability than he hasn't shown in years.

So I have to give him credit for changing regardless of his reasons for doing so.
It's the OC offense IMO and think Pete has always let his OC call the plays, as long as they don't take too many risks. I'm sure Pete has his input at times. Going for 4th down is likely a confidence thing, but not something Pete would want to make a habit of.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK didn’t something as good as a block, actually better .. lol

you know who would do this all the time? Golden Tate lol.

I remember one time Tate was running with his hand raised and the DB right behind him and Wilson was like 10 yards behind that running the ball LMAO! I think it was against the Rams but it was a while ago so not sure.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 10 weeks the Seahawks will still be the purported #3 seed. Not too shabby for a rebuild year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I think hasn't been addressed as much as it should is how different Pete has been this year as a coach. He seems to be be singularly focused on proving his doubters wrong.

He has been MUCH more aggressive on offense. More early down passing. Going for it on 4th down FAR more often. Fewer decisions to eat the football. On defense he has shown an adaptability than he hasn't shown in years.

So I have to give him credit for changing regardless of his reasons for doing so.
I meant to add this to my AZ game takeaway post, but is Pete just better at coaching younger players? It just seems to fit his approach/personality better, sort of like how 12 years ago we thought he was just a better fit for college and wouldn't succeed in Seattle on his second NFL go-around.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to add this to my AZ game takeaway post, but is Pete just better at coaching younger players? It just seems to fit his approach/personality better, sort of like how 12 years ago we thought he was just a better fit for college and wouldn't succeed in Seattle on his second NFL go-around.

It's a fair point. Seems entirely possible that vets don't buy his rah rah mentality.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fair point. Seems entirely possible that vets don't buy his rah rah mentality.
And I didn't even mean it like that (about the vets). Maybe he's just better at relating to the younger guys who are more or less still college players relative to someone with a family, big bank account, etc.? He might just enjoy coaching those guys more.