• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Steelers would have picked up Flacco earlier in the week.... Would have loved to see him play against Cleveland. Awkward vibes all around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Steelers would have picked up Flacco earlier in the week.... Would have loved to see him play against Cleveland. Awkward vibes all around.
Bored Come On GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have mixed emotions about the Pickett trade… Obviously I was higher on Kenny than most, and I defended him all the time.

But after hearing about him acting up & feeling betrayed or lied to after they signed Wilson makes me think very little of him.

Honestly dont give a sh!t if the Steelers went back on their word; their job is to win. Period. Put the best players out there to win.

Choosing not to dress, choosing not to compete, demanding a trade is not the Steelers way. It’s about the logo, not the name on the back. Kenny feeling slighted indicates he has a fragile ego.

Steelers sent him outside of the conference to be in QB purgatory as a backup. By the time he becomes a FA again he will be 28 years old with little to no tape out there motivating any team to think he could compete for a starting role.

Kenny’s career is in serious jeopardy… All because of a fragile ego. Had he kept his head on straight he could have had a great chance to start once more in 2025.

Last edited:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

I'm so excited for this upcoming trainwreck. And Tomlin is still the conductor :trash:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because no one else wanted them :trash:
They got Wilson for $1.5M. It doesn’t matter, he is an upgrade from any angle you look at this. They got a low caliber starter as their backup as a flyer for essentially a 7th.

You can’t say anything bad about this from PIT’s side and that pisses me off LOL

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Wilson for $1.5M. It doesn’t matter, he is an upgrade from any angle you look at this. They got a low caliber starter as their backup as a flyer for essentially a 7th.

You can’t say anything bad about this from PIT’s side and that pisses me off LOL
I agree that the moves they made for the two were savvy. They basically have a qb room that costs 4 million and they didn't give much of anything to get it. On the other hand, both players were not being valued by the league and it makes you wonder. I'm particularly interested in why Philly would take that deal for Pickett when they presumably could have had a similar deal for Fields.

Best case scenario is that one of them is completely reinvigorated, they mesh with the other talent on the team and Pittsburgh is a contender. The more realistic scenario is that they eventually have a qb controversy (or uncertainty), they win 9-10 games, and they are one and done in the playoffs because they are too limited at the position. This is the same result that is driving their fans nuts.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the moves they made for the two were savvy. They basically have a qb room that costs 4 million and they didn't give much of anything to get it. On the other hand, both players were not being valued by the league and it makes you wonder. I'm particularly interested in why Philly would take that deal for Pickett when they presumably could have had a similar deal for Fields.

Best case scenario is that one of them is completely reinvigorated, they mesh with the other talent on the team and Pittsburgh is a contender. The more realistic scenario is that they eventually have a qb controversy (or uncertainty), they win 9-10 games, and they are one and done in the playoffs because they are too limited at the position. This is the same result that is driving their fans nuts.

Justin's 5th year option is one year earlier

that's the only reason.

well...2nd reason is no one is going to clamor for Pickett the second Hurts throws a pick.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh had bottom 3rd qb production and still made the playoffs. The rest of the league basically handed them a substantially better situation and they paid almost nothing for it.

There is a reason Pittsburgh is constantly in contention. Shit like this where the rest of the league values Sam Darnold over Justin Fields and Pittsburgh is like..."uh...we will take the Super athletic guy with top half deep ball advanced numbers over the guy who sees ghosts thanks'"

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words, Pickett will end up being an above average QB for his career.

He has the tools, just needs to work on his timing and vision.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh had bottom 3rd qb production and still made the playoffs. The rest of the league basically handed them a substantially better situation and they paid almost nothing for it.

There is a reason Pittsburgh is constantly in contention. Shit like this where the rest of the league values Sam Darnold over Justin Fields and Pittsburgh is like..."uh...we will take the Super athletic guy with top half deep ball advanced numbers over the guy who sees ghosts thanks'"
No argument with the Danold comparison. Some things don't make sense. And Fields is definitely a guy that there are reasons to be interested - super athletic, effortlessly makes a variety of throws, etc. And he's never been in a great situation as far as weapons and coaching goes. So, maybe he's a diamond in the rough? But, if the Steelers are to believed and they are going to let Russ cook, they could just as easily end up losing Fields next offseason before ever watching him play. To me, this creates a situation where they are going to be incentivized to get Fields in some games next year. And if you're already going into a season with plans (or at least thoughts) of benching your starter, I just don't like the situation. If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have a quarterback.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom third? Sure. 28-30 ranked qb play is in the bottom third. Right at the bottom of the bottom third.