• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: New England @ Kansas City 6:40 Eastern Time on CBS

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Chiefs do indeed go with Spags

Ragland is basically dead in the water (yea!)

Ford is not a fit for base, but subpackages can net some value yet; would see more Speaks and Kpassagnon presumably.

Probably would lock in Houston being on the roster as well, I am guessing.

Hitchens was a 4-3 guy anyway, so maybe that helps him in base. O'Daniel would be an OLB I guess in a 4-3?

So I guess the needs would be

1 Outside CB opposite Ward (With Fuller in the slot primarily)

LB's in general

Safety. Like Lucas, but Watts and Berry are probably not very trustworthy from what I've seen when it comes to staying on the field. While Berry's spot next year is safe because it's highly unrealistic to cut him, it won't be in 2020.

EDGE if they had one fall in the draft, that would be ideal so the Houston/Ford juggling act could be relieved. Not buying Speaks, and Kpass isn't really allowed on the field for whatever silly reason (I suspect organizational politics watching Speaks) so I am not overly enamored with the future of that position.

Offense is pretty remarkable in the stability for next year. Outside of maybe a TE in a good TE class or a WR that falls much further than he should, I am about set with the offense. With the D needing an overhaul regardless, this has to be another D heavy draft for me.

And no, I will never say RB is a need, as they don't matter.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.
So they have a few decisions like most teams. But nothing out of character for NFL teams.
Yep they should challenge for years. Got to love that Mahomes kid.
Pretty much. They'd have to fuck up real bad to fail to make the playoffs with Mahomes. Division won't be a given with the Chargers, but they'll have a good shot at it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think very many people think this- most people would just argue that offense dominates the sport now, besides being more stable than defense, which is what prevents the Chiefs from being say an 8-8 team rather than the best team by DVOA.

I think it and I could give a fuck what the Chets think.

They lost because their defence was poor.

Couldn't even get a sack which is what they are actually good at.

3 third and 10s.

On the same drive.

In overtime.

But the Chets think they lost because Mahomes never got a chance in OT.

He had all kinds of chances in the first half. And did Sweet Fanny Adams.

Almost less than Sweet Fanny Adams.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. They'd have to fuck up real bad to fail to make the playoffs with Mahomes. Division won't be a given with the Chargers, but they'll have a good shot at it.

Who was it that Marino had to combat year after year in his division? Jets, old Pats and Bills.

Didn't matter how often he made the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it and I could give a fuck what the Chets think.

They lost because their defence was poor.

Couldn't even get a sack which is what they are actually good at.

3 third and 10s.

On the same drive.

In overtime.

But the Chets think they lost because Mahomes never got a chance in OT.

He had all kinds of chances in the first half. And did Sweet Fanny Adams.

Almost less than Sweet Fanny Adams.
I don't think at any point in that dialogue there was an implicature that the Chiefs only lost to the Pats because of X. Merely noting the balance of power is vastly in the offense's favor, and thus explaining how the Chiefs were, on paper, or amongst nerds I guess, arguably the best team in the NFL despite a pretty obviously poor D

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think at any point in that dialogue there was an implicature that the Chiefs only lost to the Pats because of X. Merely noting the balance of power is vastly in the offense's favor, and thus explaining how the Chiefs were, on paper, or amongst nerds I guess, arguably the best team in the NFL despite a pretty obviously poor D

Nerds are nerds. Nerds aren't Chets. Chets are Chets. Might be some overlap but there is a distinction.

I kind of thought the line formed behind the Saints myself, because the supposedly had a great rush defense etc. to go along with their offence.

Last edited:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take my chances. Never been easier for a dominant QB to win hardware in the NFL.

Most definitely.

But it's much better to smoke them when you have a chance if you can and not count on the future.

Atlanta looked like hot shit 2 years ago.

Saints have basically been smacked upside the head 2 years in a row by luck or whatever.

It's really hard to win it. And harder to get back the next year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalty was on 2ND down, so it did not prevent a punt. And NE was still on their own side of the field, so they had 57 yards to go to score.

Get a grip.
The fact is that a ref who was 10 yards behind the QB made a call that he couldn't be 100% sure of. We can watch the video over and over and its so close that the first time you aren't sure but this guy can magically see this through Brady from that far away? Come on... thats my point. Plus there's no guarantee that they convert every third down although the chiefs D was shit.... Either way it was another break that most teams don't get.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ju
Salty fish fan... complaining about a blown call on 2nd & 7, GTFO.
I had no stake in the game I actually had cash on NE. Just pointing out another break that NE received which was ridiculous. See my comment above...

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that a ref who was 10 yards behind the QB made a call that he couldn't be 100% sure of. We can watch the video over and over and its so close that the first time you aren't sure but this guy can magically see this through Brady from that far away? Come on... thats my point. Plus there's no guarantee that they convert every third down although the chiefs D was shit.... Either way it was another break that most teams don't get.
Jeesus Christ.... flail a little more. BAD CALLS HAPPEN. By the strict interpretation of the rule, it was a GOOD call, he "impacted' the face-mask. We all agree, It's weak as shit, and it should not have been called.

It's been shown Time and Time again Brady does not benefit from RTP call at an unusual rate..

And why are you changing your focus? Here's what you were bitching about before:
Just another example of the breaks NE get and again it results in an important first down. Could have been the game if they had to punt. Don't get me wrong the rams PI was worse but reviewing this crap would eliminate it. That's my point you tool...
The RTP did NOT prevent a Punt, and the Pats converted near 70% of their 3rd downs. Stop spinning.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeesus Christ.... flail a little more. BAD CALLS HAPPEN. By the strict interpretation of the rule, it was a GOOD call, he "impacted' the face-mask. We all agree, It's weak as shit, and it should not have been called.

It's been shown Time and Time again Brady does not benefit from RTP call at an unusual rate..

And why are you changing your focus? Here's what you were bitching about before:
The RTP did NOT prevent a Punt, and the Pats converted near 70% of their 3rd downs. Stop spinning.
I merely was adding to the list of breaks that were previously mentioned and again patsies lose their shit. You guys have some sort of complex that you never receive breaks or have any flaws it's comical... Brady receives no special treatment are you serious??? Every third down is an automatic conversion... ok.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Fins fans, but could you stop swinging off the Chiefs' nuts when there is iffy officiating (inevitable) when the Patriots are involved?
No worries this is no slight against your team it's just a general discussion. If it bothers you I apologize...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense Fins fans, but could you stop swinging off the Chiefs' nuts when there is iffy officiating (inevitable) when the Patriots are involved?
I have to agree how the official saw this RTP and missed all those well executed picks and push offs:scratch:
Makes one go hmmmmm:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I merely was adding to the list of breaks that were previously mentioned and again patsies lose their shit. You guys have some sort of complex that you never receive breaks or have any flaws it's comical... Brady receives no special treatment are you serious??? Every third down is an automatic conversion... ok.
Your conspiracy theory is losing steam quickly. Especially considering almost EVERY NE fan on here said it was a bs call.
Are you out of tissues yet?

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I merely was adding to the list of breaks that were previously mentioned and again patsies lose their shit. You guys have some sort of complex that you never receive breaks or have any flaws it's comical... Brady receives no special treatment &0% is not autoamiticare you serious??? Every third down is an automatic conversion... ok.
70% is not "automatic". A incomplete pass on 2nd down is not a punt.

See how this works?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think very many people think this- most people would just argue that offense dominates the sport now, besides being more stable than defense, which is what prevents the Chiefs from being say an 8-8 team rather than the best team by DVOA.

I'm remembering a Chiefs / Rams game earlier. You are just lucky you did not make it to the rematch!!!!!