• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: Chiefs (11-6) @ Ravens (13-4)

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poll i saw was that the Chiefs were actually the 2nd most popular team remaining. Lions way ahead of the other three, though.

Chiefs could be both the 2nd most popular and most hated at the same time, though.
What do you and @Black Adam think is the primary reason for that (the hate)? Is it the whole Swift thing and people aren’t looking forward to cutaways to her stadium box every few minutes especially if you guys win and that happens in the SB? I know some people have problems with Mahomes’ family as well but I don’t know much about that.

Is it the recent years of success like how most of NFL fandom started hating on the Patriots because of their playoff dominance for so long? I’m just curious of your guys’ thoughts and sorry if you’ve already explained in this or other threads.

Personally, I don’t hate any NFL teams…I’m all about the game and when teams have success it’s fun to watch and know their fanbases are having a good time with it. And the whole Swift thing, sure it’s overdone but there’s nothing that can be done about it, that will pass over time; I don’t foresee Travis and Taylor as an eternal love story. That’s it…lol

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Didn't he pretty much say, "We can't stop anything, but otherwise we're fine." LOL
think it was something like we couldnt tackle today, but thats ok we made up for it by not blocking anyone LOL

Or something like that. :heh:

but hell maybe he said that one too. He has a lot of them!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phucking Legend.

"Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, the experience isn't too important."

what did he say one time.
He has a 5 year plan. (think it was 5)
When asked why a 5 year plan he responded because that is how long his contract is. or something like that LOL

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he say one time.
He has a 5 year plan. (think it was 5)
When asked why a 5 year plan he responded because that is how long his contract is. or something like that LOL

I believe so. Something to the affect that was the length of his contract. :pound:

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you and @Black Adam think is the primary reason for that (the hate)? Is it the whole Swift thing and people aren’t looking forward to cutaways to her stadium box every few minutes especially if you guys win and that happens in the SB? I know some people have problems with Mahomes’ family as well but I don’t know much about that.

Is it the recent years of success like how most of NFL fandom started hating on the Patriots because of their playoff dominance for so long? I’m just curious of your guys’ thoughts and sorry if you’ve already explained in this or other threads.

Personally, I don’t hate any NFL teams…I’m all about the game and when teams have success it’s fun to watch and know their fanbases are having a good time with it. And the whole Swift thing, sure it’s overdone but there’s nothing that can be done about it, that will pass over time; I don’t foresee Travis and Taylor as an eternal love story. That’s it…lol
I think the hate of the Chiefs is mainly due to media over coverage of them, particularly since Taylor Swift started dating Kelce, people naturally get sick of them. And while I like Patrick Mahomes, his brother is a scummy dipshit and his wife is an attention whore, I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to off the field stuff like that but I can see that between Taylor and the Mahomes family people are sick of the Chiefs. Plus there’s the fact that they’ve had massive success lately, any team that has that much success will get hate.

Personally I am fine with the Chiefs and am kind of hoping they win today, just because I don’t want both Harbaugh brothers winning the title in the same year, not a fan of the Harbaughs.

The only NFL team I hate is the Saints - They are the Falcons main rival, many of their fans are obnoxious and disrespectful, Bountygate was despicable, Sean Payton was and is overrated, and the media circle jerk surrounding them after Katrina was vomit inducing. Fuck the Saints. I am fine with all other NFL teams, some I like more than others, but I fucking despise the Saints.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More of just winning.

I hated the Steelers and Cowboys in the 70s and 80s because they always won. As an Oilers and Earl Campbell fan, it was painful. Later became a Dolphins and Marino fan till now and thus I vehemently hate the Patriots obviously.

Winning creates a lot of fans, but also creates a lot of haters as well.

Americans love winners, but only for a select amount of time. :D

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe so. Something to the affect that was the length of his contract. :pound:
will always love the one

when asked about the execution of his team, he responded I am all for it! :rofl:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of just winning.

I hated the Steelers and Cowboys in the 70s and 80s because they always won. As an Oilers and Earl Campbell fan, it was painful. Later became a Dolphins and Marino fan till now and thus I vehemently hate the Patriots obviously.

Winning creates a lot of fans, but also creates a lot of haters as well.
at least you can respect the haters!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will always love the one

when asked about the execution of his team, he responded I am all for it! :rofl:

Ah shit, I forgot about that one, which is probably my favorite. :pound:

The world definitely needs more John McKays.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its probably about 80% the winning. The perception that the Chiefs get all of the calls far outweighs the Swift hate I've seen in the past two seasons. You also have some of the commentators like Romo and Collinsworth slobbing over Mahomes every game. I will say Tay tay coverage is probably an additional 20% because it continues the long line of the NFL trying to expand its audience instead of focusing on the core audience who just want to watch a game.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final prediction is Ravens 37 KC 28

Mahomes will do everything he can but Ravens D will be too much. Jackson will run all game when needed and pull away in the second half.
Smells like a 27-24 type game, Tucker wins it with a FG.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s normal for successful teams to be the target of frustrations. Not sure it is hate, and nobody really cares about the Swiftie thing. If you polled a bunch if fans outside of the fans of teams still left, to win it all, Lions would runaway with that.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a Raven threw a headshot on a Chief in pre game.
Does he get ejected? Or does the rules not count until the game starts?

Any rule gurus in here?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s normal for successful teams to be the target of frustrations. Not sure it is hate, and nobody really cares about the Swiftie thing. If you polled a bunch if fans outside of the fans of teams still left, to win it all, Lions would runaway with that.

Yep.

The Lions are undoubtedly the feel good story. QB was punted from the Super Bowl team Rams. Coach is a former Lions player and grunt that had to work his ass off to even make it in the league. Team hasn't been meaningful since Barry Sanders, and even then they couldn't win shit.

I mean, it is the freaking Lions. The team everybody hates on Thanksgiving because they were always going to play and lose.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs LB Willie Gay (neck) will not play in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Ravens.
NFL Network’s James Palmer reported shortly before inactives were announced that Gay was “trending toward not being able to go” after his neck injury reportedly flared up in the morning. Despite his best efforts to get on the field, the Chiefs will be without Gay, who is one of several Chiefs players missing the AFC title game on Sunday. In addition to Gay, the Chiefs also ruled out WR Kadarius Toney, CB Keith Taylor, CB Ekow Boye-Doe, DE BJ Thompson, OG Joe Thuney, and DE Felix Anudike-Uzomah.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final prediction is Ravens 37 KC 28

Mahomes will do everything he can but Ravens D will be too much. Jackson will run all game when needed and pull away in the second half.
That's not a score with either D being 'too much', that's kind of a shootout

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Andrews (ankle) is active for the Ravens AFC Championship Game matchup against the Chiefs.
This doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Andrews was a full participant in practice throughout the week and didn’t carry an injury designation into the weekend. While Andrews is active, the team did declare QB Malik Cunningham, QB Josh Johnson, WR Tylan Wallace, CB Rock Ya-Sin, LB Del’Shawn Phillips, C Sam Mustipher, and OG Sala Aumavae-Laulu inactive for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs.