• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

acc coaches critical of acc 8 game schedule

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is what they are saying. The expansion of the conference in 2004 eliminated a lot of normal yearly games. It sounds like NC State and Duke want the same rules that are there for the baseball teams. Where they can play ACC teams as OOC. Plus that would mean for those 2 teams a home and home is only a short distance.

The ACC did not do a good job with its schedule. Playing cross divisional teams once in an 11 yr span? That is the complaint really and has been since this last expansion.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'Cross Divisional Rivals' are what kill this. VT gets stuck playing BC every year for some reason, though we're not rivals, which leaves us ONE game a year to cycle through the remaining Atlantic division teams.

Eff the ACC.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'Cross Divisional Rivals' are what kill this. VT gets stuck playing BC every year for some reason, though we're not rivals, which leaves us ONE game a year to cycle through the remaining Atlantic division teams.

Eff the ACC.

Yea, it's pretty silly. LSU gets to play Kentucky this year but we did luck up and get UF for our every year rival. I look forward to it every year.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it's pretty silly. LSU gets to play Kentucky this year but we did luck up and get UF for our every year rival. I look forward to it every year.

as do i, but we played every year before 92 expansion anyway....people outside BR and gville think this is a new rivalry.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the power conferences are going to 9. And the SEC and ACC and staying put with 8. Oh well.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is what they are saying. The expansion of the conference in 2004 eliminated a lot of normal yearly games. It sounds like NC State and Duke want the same rules that are there for the baseball teams. Where they can play ACC teams as OOC. Plus that would mean for those 2 teams a home and home is only a short distance.

The ACC did not do a good job with its schedule. Playing cross divisional teams once in an 11 yr span? That is the complaint really and has been since this last expansion.

if they are so upset then they should have just gone to a 9 conference game schedule.....cant have their argument both ways. I cant wait to see the first acc team that plays an "ooc conference game" and wins get passed over for the ccg by a team with a lesser overall record.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they are so upset then they should have just gone to a 9 conference game schedule.....cant have their argument both ways. I cant wait to see the first acc team that plays an "ooc conference game" and wins get passed over for the ccg by a team with a lesser overall record.

It is NC State, Duke, and Miami. No worries there. :lol:

Those 3 are asking for the ability to do it. Do not see it happening. Or if it allowed I do not see FSU, Clemson, and VT doing it.