• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Championship: Virginia Tech vs. Clemson

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wins? What exactly has happened to Clemson? How many ACC titles is this for Virginia Tech now?? I thought Miami was supposed to be winning these things lol

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely 2 different teams than the match up earlier in the season...with the way that both squads are playing recently i say VT in a big way (i dont normally guess blowouts)

IF we win on saturday this will be our 5th ACC Championship

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wins? What exactly has happened to Clemson? How many ACC titles is this for Virginia Tech now?? I thought Miami was supposed to be winning these things lol

Clemson was coming off a 6-7 season, picked to finish no better than fourth in their division, and shocked everyone by going 8-0. Once enough film was out on our offense, teams knew how to game plan properly and that was that. With our average (that's being kind) defense and no running game, we were bound to lose. Hell, we weren't supposed to even win 8 games without going to a bowl much less contend for the conference; I'd say we overachieved on most accounts.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson was coming off a 6-7 season, picked to finish no better than fourth in their division, and shocked everyone by going 8-0.

Show me ONE media outlet that had you 4th in the division. All of them had FSU or Clemson (maybe a darker horse) winning the division.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me ONE media outlet that had you 4th in the division. All of them had FSU or Clemson (maybe a darker horse) winning the division.

Here's one that has us finishing fifth in the Atlantic

This one gives us a 50/50 shot at a bowl game with only Duke, UVA, and Wake behind us

Tied for fourth in this prognostication

billy-madison-cursive.jpg

Any more brain-busters?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Me neither. Anyone who doesn't think we overachieved is out of touch.

maybe overachieved what people were expecting out of Clemson but you guys have as much talent as anyone in the country, in that aspect Clemson always seems to underachieve.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe overachieved what people were expecting out of Clemson but you guys have as much talent as anyone in the country, in that aspect Clemson always seems to underachieve.

Agreed. Absolutely frustrating. It has been this way since Tammy Bowden came and now continues with Swinney. It's mind-boggling to hear about all the talent we recruit every year and every year field a mediocre team. I think the problem not only lies with the coaching staff, but also with the AD, BOT, and the fans in general, that have come to accept this lukewarm attitude about winning. :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's gameday!

I'm looking forward to an exciting game and hopefully the outcome will be better than the first game. Regardless of Clemson's recent slide, they are still a dangerous team. I know that even though the media seems to be thinking it will be a romp by VT, I know our team isn't thinking the same thing and after reading about our leaders speaking up over the past couple weeks, I have no doubt that VT will be fired up and ready to become the first VT team to win more than 11 games.

I could see this game going either way as Clemson has been hearing the same things being said about them as we have and want to prove they belong and win their 1st ACC Championship since 1991. Clemson has been a comeback team all year long, so even a 2+ score game in the 2nd half is not something that would phase them.

If I were to give a prediction, I'll go with the homer pick and say VT pulls away in the 2nd half with the running of Wilson and Thomas even though Clemson keeps fighting.

VT - 31
Clemson - 21

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOKIES RULE!!!*

*This sentiment is applicable only through December 3, 2011.