• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside, now that Arizona is floundering I give the edge to win the whole shooting match to Syracuse. Florida looks very tough too. They are as good as anybody.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC holds off No. 25 Pitt in 1st ACC meeting at Smith Center

75-71 :yahoo:

Gotta learn these new ACC teams 'bout this conference jest a lil bit. :kidding:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC holds off No. 25 Pitt in 1st ACC meeting at Smith Center

75-71 :yahoo:

Gotta learn these new ACC teams 'bout this conference jest a lil bit. :kidding:

Pitts been gettin some learnins the last few games.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a feeling UNC would out against Pitt, they are starting to pull it together, can't wait for the UNC Duke game. Although I got Duke winning that one, and even with there crazy schedule they have an edge against Cuse on Saturday. Should be another crazy game though, had Duke circled both times on the calendar. I'm just real curious how Cuse plays at Virginia and Duke. I think they split.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA is looking damn good. They could go deep in the Tournament and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy gets his 300th and UNC cruises past FSU to move up to 4th place in the ACC. UNC on the rise!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA is looking damn good. They could go deep in the Tournament and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Roy gets his 300th and UNC cruises past FSU to move up to 4th place in the ACC. UNC on the rise!

Don't care bout that one game, Duke is kicking ass and taking names too.

It just isn't safe to go outside. :scared: If it scares you. :nod:

It's the 4th quarter, SU has a tune up and then it's on. Time to lace em up. :hammer:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat., Feb 22 Syracuse at Duke

Sat., Mar 1, Syracuse at Virginia

Jonvi, your guys are going on a little road trip through the tulips, it sounds like. :lol:

2 chances for a loss there.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got Duke, Wake and NC State coming up. Good times!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat., Feb 22 Syracuse at Duke

Sat., Mar 1, Syracuse at Virginia

Jonvi, your guys are going on a little road trip through the tulips, it sounds like. :lol:

2 chances for a loss there.

Yes it is.

But I'm not one of those that thinks the Cuse need a loss now to get it out of the way. I say let the world know you're the big dog. Why give Duke or Va hope? Why let em believe?

These guys are on the edge of having a historical season. They might as well finish the climb. I think they know that and the return of Keita is going to let them put their heads down and finish.

You know the Cuse didn't come to the ACC for the photo ops. They went there to push to the program to the next level.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is.

But I'm not one of those that thinks the Cuse need a loss now to get it out of the way. I say let the world know you're the big dog. Why give Duke or Va hope? Why let em believe?

These guys are on the edge of having a historical season. They might as well finish the climb. I think they know that and the return of Keita is going to let them put their heads down and finish.

You know the Cuse didn't come to the ACC for the photo ops. They went there to push to the program to the next level.

Well, I think they are succeeding in spades. :nod:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is.

I don't agree with the view that a loss is necessary, after the game at NC state (a loss in my opinion) they learned just as much squeezing by that game as they would have if they lost. Gave them a nice gut check, next two Saturdays are going to be days of great basketball, hopefully excessive alcohol isn't in the picture.

Now that UNC has come around, Thursday at home for them will be a great test of their newly reinvented squad. Will be a good one I'm thinking.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the view that a loss is necessary, after the game at NC state (a loss in my opinion) they learned just as much squeezing by that game as they would have if they lost. Gave them a nice gut check, next two Saturdays are going to be days of great basketball, hopefully excessive alcohol isn't in the picture.

Now that UNC has come around, Thursday at home for them will be a great test of their newly reinvented squad. Will be a good one I'm thinking.

I agree that a near loss could/should be a wake up call. Hopefully Boeheim can convince to troops that Syracuse IS a great team and IS on a very special year that takes 100% focus to beat good teams. Next week is an uphill climb to beat Duke and Virginia away and if those players see it as a mission to be the best ever Syracuse team....good things will happen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that a near loss could/should be a wake up call. Hopefully Boeheim can convince to troops that Syracuse IS a great team and IS on a very special year that takes 100% focus to beat good teams. Next week is an uphill climb to beat Duke and Virginia away and if those players see it as a mission to be the best ever Syracuse team....good things will happen.

IMO a loss is a good thing. I mean these are all young kids (for the most part) and they haven't known what it feels like to lose yet and it's better to lose now then in the tournament or at a crucial time in the season.

Hats off to Cuse though! Great team and a gutty never give up team!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few weeks ago I would have agreed. But we are coming up on the point you want momentum going into the tournaments. JMO though.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a loss is a good thing. I mean these are all young kids (for the most part) and they haven't known what it feels like to lose yet and it's better to lose now then in the tournament or at a crucial time in the season.

Hats off to Cuse though! Great team and a gutty never give up team!

I feel like the last two games where they could have lost has them learn just as much. Especially the NC state game. They didn't deserve that W and they know it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the last two games where they could have lost has them learn just as much. Especially the NC state game. They didn't deserve that W and they know it.

True... That sometimes can be a worse feeling then actually losing a game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few weeks ago I would have agreed. But we are coming up on the point you want momentum going into the tournaments. JMO though.

Also true but we have also seen where teams can go on a huge run and get hot during tournament time but I do see your point

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to beat B.C. easily like they should.

Slow game, if this any indication of the rest of the game than fook me sideways.

I want a game where I can relax and watch it, been 4 games now.