• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AC/DC May Be Hanging It Up

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors have been flying around for the past couple of days or so about AC/DC retiring. Looks like the end is very near. Brian Johnson admitted on a radio show a few weeks ago that one member of the band--whom he declined to identify--had been very ill for quite sometime. Then word came out that the band had booked some studio time in Vancouver to record a new LP, but within the last 48 hours, Malcolm Young and his family had to return home to Australia. I have a very close friend in Los Angeles who has been in the record business as a producer and manager for over 30 years and I shot him an email this morning. He said that he's hearing that the band is done for the time being. Malcolm is extremely ill and can no longer play--whether it's on the road or in the studio. He went on to tell me that after the band had completed their world tour for their last LP, "Black Ice", more than one band member more or less said that they were done with the touring bit. They were too old, and it was too tiring. He was under the impression that the studio time that was billed was for a kind of celebration of their 40th year as a band and might due a few dates to celebrate, but no major touring like last time. I'm very bummed. As a life long AC/DC fan since the mid 70s, it would be a shame to see these guys hang it up. I always knew that when I opened up a new AC/DC record that there would be no bullshit ballads I would have skip over by lifting the needle and moving it to the next song. Let's pray for a miracle!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rockon:

Love me some AC/DC. Hopefully everything works out!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good (not good that one of them is ill, but good that they're done). hopefully radio stations retire their music as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always surprises me how many people dislike AC/DC...

It would be sad to see them retire, but they have had a long career. No shame in hanging it up! Their music will always be in the R-n-R hall of fame, and it will never be forgotten. Thunderstruck still gives me chills every time I listen to it!

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked their song "Who Made Who".

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a good run. It is probably past time they did.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My workout music file is filled with AC/DC. Great tempo setter.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AC/DC drummer sentenced to Whitesnake
Posted by waylandsmithy

Phil Rudd, the drummer for AC/DC, has been sentenced to three years in Whitesnake.

Rudd pleaded guilty to charges of threatening to kill a former employee, but denied possessing a copy of the single “Is this Love”.

“Clearly, that must have been planted by someone”, said Rudd. “And if I find out who it was, I’ll have them ki…ssed?”

Amnesty International has condemned the punishment, and called for it to be commuted to a fortnight in Def Leppard.

“Until now, Rudd hasn’t had a criminal record”, said his lawyer Bruce Grobellaar. “Although he admits the stuff they released in the ’90s came close.”

Life in Whitesnake is known to be incredibly harsh: some who have served it end up taking their own hearing.

“It’s the thought of solitary confinement that scares me the most”, admitted Rudd. “We never had that in AC/DC. Imagine being on my own for what…7 or 8 minutes? Just banging away, with not so much as a bass line. And all the while you’re thrashing away at the solo, there’s the threat that when it ends, David Coverdale will come back out.”

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send my prayers and best wishes out to Malcom and the AC / DC family. They will be missed when they retire.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still trying wrap my head around this. Axl Rose.............. but its only for the last 10 remaining tour dates in the US. They need to find themselves some young 20-something "Brian Johnson", Ala Journey. Bassist can be replaced. Then we can clone Angus, and have AC/DC live on forever!!!!!! drummers can be replaced too.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. its just to finish the tour. You can google a youtube of Axle singing whole lotta rosie. If Axle makes the final ten I will be shocked, they should be concentrating on the GNR reunion.